“A little gem in Mayfair”
Review of The Arch London

The Arch London
Ranked #20 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
“A little gem in Mayfair”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

This lovely boutique hotel was our home for five days and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would certainly re-book. First off, if you are looking for airy and spacious, the Arch isn't for you. The lobby is compact, yet stylish. Then again, as a boutique hotel it really doesn't need some grandiose lobby. The rooms, as you might expect in London, are a bit compact. However, they are exceptionally well-turned out, complete with plush bathrobes. The wifi in the room was very good, bathroom modern with an excellent shower.

What really makes this property is the staff. Recommendations for dining in the neighborhood were spot on and excellent -- from a pub to upscale Italian. Staff always had a friendly greeting and were pleased to assist with whatever we asked.

Finally, the location of The Arch is excellent. Short walk to the Marble Arch tube stop, a Thomas Cook Travel office nearby to exchange money, plus easy access to the shopping on Oxford Street and Hyde Park. Also plenty of quality dining options within easy walking distance.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear PeteP,

Thank you for the lovely comments regarding your recent visit.

I am pleased your stay was a success.

The team here has its heart in the right place and I am proud to read your comments regarding the service you received.

Please come back and stay with us again.

Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
israel
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Just came back from yet another trip to London and stayed at the Arch without even looking into another hotel. Everything was perfect and if anything better than all the other times I have stayed there. The staff couldnt do enough for us from speedy check in to making sure we were comfortable . We had a quiet room overlooking the mews and forgot we were in such close proximity to the bustling Oxford Street. Dinner in HUNter 486 was delicious and all 8 of us friends had a fabulous evening. The coffee machine and complimentary soft drinks are greatly apperciated as is the cotton bedding and perfect mattress. Would never stay any place else.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear debzo,

Thank you for your amazing support, you are a great ambassador to The Arch and thank you for spreading the word!

Please come back soon.

With warmest personal regards,

Reviewed 2 September 2014

The facility is very well appointed,it is clean and quiet,the rooms are nice ,the furniture is new,and decore is in very good taste.The location is exellent.

The dinning room is cozzy, the food choices are good.

The service is superb,the staff is extremely courtious and eager to help.

I fullheartedly recommend this hotel

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear JosephD,

Thank you for having taken the time and trouble to post your comment and thank you for recommending us which is noted and appreciated.

Please come back soon whenever your travel brings you back to London.

With warmest personal regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I cannot say enough about what a special hotel this is. We found ourselves at the last minute without a hotel with our small dog, and happened to find this hotel that allows dogs. The staff was so professional, and really treated us like royalty - even the dog! When we arrived, they had already set up a dog bed and bowl in our room. The decor of this property is amazing. So stylish without being overdone. There is a Library at one end of the hotel that makes you want to stay all day and bypass on the London attractions. Location is great, central Marylebone with its great High Street just couple blocks away. The best part of the experience I would say is the staff. Each and every one of them professional, friendly, and I think the best in their field.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear LoriL947,

Thank you for the lovely comments about the hotel.

I am thrilled your stay was a success and as you said, we love well behaved dogs amongst our guests.

Please come back again soon and thank you for your support.

Tel aviv
Reviewed 29 August 2014

This unique hotel is simply unparalleled in my many travel experiences. Seems like they have everything one can hope for in a hotel experience down to a tee.

From the moment you walk into the warm stylish lobby you realize you are in a hotel where every little detail has been carefully thought-out and designed, making it state-of-the art. It was very modern but warm, extremely comfortable, the modern furniture simply luxurious but also very personal and inviting. The sophisticated lighting throughout the hotel creates an atmosphere I've seen in no other city hotel.

The rooms are much larger than probably any other hotels I've seen in London, beds and room furniture great, making the physical stay in the hotel room also very convenient. Location is outstanding, 2-3 minutes from Marble Arch but completely quiet at the same time.

The hotel itself and its amenities are only equaled by the impeccable and really friendly and caring service of the Arch's staff. I saw how every single staff member I encountered - management as well - did the utmost to ensure that I as their guest was 100% satisfied during my stay.
Although this related to every detail, I will give 2 examples that are simply outstanding in the level of service one can hope for: 1) For an early morning meeting with one of my business associates we were offered and escorted by staff to meet in one of the amazing meeting rooms at the Arch. We peeked into the warm and homey room, only to see that two other staff people were in the midst of a meeting in the room. Nevertheless, they would not hear of us not using the room, and despite our own insistence they stopped their meeting and literally ran out of the room, absolutely insisting that we use the room for our meeting, 2) I left a pair of shoes in my room after checkout. Within hours I received an e-mail from management notifying me that the shoes have been found and will be sent by mail to my home,

It was so excellent and the staff were so helpful that I eventually tried to transfer any meeting I could to the Arch (the restaurant itself has this kind of lounge area that is very conducive for meetings) . BTW, any of the business people with whom I met at the Arch were completely impressed as well. What a better way of doing business, and then when done within minutes being able to unwind and enjoy the relaxed leisurely vacation atmosphere which the Arch creates.

Can't wait to get back to the Arch !!

I stayed at the Arch for 3 days.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Gabe613
Dear Gabe613,

Thank you for the lovely feedback - we all love the title!

The team and I are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us, the facilities, location and service we provide.

Please do let me know personally whenever you are planning to return, it would be wonderful to look after you again.

With warmest personal regards and thank you fro your genuine support!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a week. First impression of this hotel was a little disappointing. The lobby area is small and the walkway towards our room is narrow. It is certainly unlike the grander hotels like Hilton or Hyatt. Our hotel room is tiny and we had difficulty walking around especially with 2 huge luggages in the room.

However, the hotel staff are extremely pleasant. We dined at the restaurant 3 times during our stay and the food is great! The breakfast sets looks stunning and taste good too. There is a cosy little room opposite the restaurant for afternoon tea as well.

The location is fantastic as well. Just 5-8 mins walk to Oxford street. I would recommend this hotel to tourists who love shopping!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Jane_Shen,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay and thank you for staying with us!

I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and especially liked your comment regarding the service you received and our restaurant here - thank you.

Regarding the design of the lobby and corridors and first impressions, The Arch was build out of 7 Townhouses and being relatively small with only 82 bedrooms the hotel does certainly have a more intimate feel when you first step in - very different to a larger corporate hotel. As we are small and family owned we try hard to match this boutique feel and I am pleased you felt the service was personable, sophisticated and friendly.

Please do let me know personally whenever you are planning to return to The Arch. It would be my pleasure to show you a variety of bedrooms which all come in different shapes and sizes and I am sure we will find the right match for you.

Thank you again for staying with us and with warmest personal regards,

West Islip, New York
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The Arch is a great boutique hotel just a few minutes from Marble Arch. Located on a quiet part of the block, the rooms are very nice and modern, nice bathrooms, free mini bar selections, and very quiet. The staff, from the door man to front desk, and the restaurant servers were all very friendly and really go out of their way to provide excellent service. The hotel is nicely decorated and had comfortable vibe, not 'stuffy old English' as many other places. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Jeff G,

Thank you for the lovely feedback.

I am especially pleased to see that you enjoyed the service aspect of your visit and you felt "at Home".

This is exactly what we are trying to achieve and I am pleased you felt the hospitality you received was genuine and warm.

Please do let me know personally if I can be of assistance in the future.