“Absolutely Awesome” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Philadelphia, PA
“Absolutely Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2010

This hotel was perfect! This is our fourth time to London. Location is two blocks from Marble Arch Tube, very easy to walk to. Staff A+, Restaurant A+, Room A+, Fitness Center A+. I think this will be the only place I stay in the future. Beautifully appointed rooms. Breakfast was so good, with three of us we went through the entire menu. I highly recommend the pizza. They bake their own breads. This is a very quiet hotel on a residential street. I would not say it is for young children but teenagers might enjoy it. We did not see any children during our stay. Coffee, tea, water, soft drinks are a wonderful complimentary item. Try Taman Gang restaurant two blocks away on Park Ave.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheArchLondonGM, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, 6 May 2010
Thank you for sharing your experiences and photographs of The Arch London. We are extremely proud of our hotel and the added value items that we can offer our guests, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2010

I think it's the Tripadvisor user's creed to share the good stuff, and I think we have found it. I won't go into all what the hotel has to offer (has a great website and other reviews on that). I will tell you a few things. The price is a great offer and since it has just opened up, I am not sure how long the good prices (in this luxury category) will last. Either way, make sure you are a member of SLH in order to get your room upgrade and complimentary breakfast. The location is perfect. Although we ventured to other areas in the city, the hotel's recommendation to venture in the neighborhood found us eating nearby on a great streat with good shopping and even better dinner choices up and down Maryelbone High Street (south of Regents Park) and some of the streets shooting off of it. We felt like locals as most people eating out were! Great stroll through Regents Park away from the more touristy Hyde nearby. We loved the comfort and small scale of the hotel and the service was great. We only had breakfast here every day so can not comment on the dinner. I will be back again of course. I did wish the gal at the front desk hadn't uderestimated the cab fare to the Liverpool Station as 10 £. It was 22 £. I had just enough for fare and tip!! Whew. You can take the tube to Marble Arch and walk three blocks to the hotel if you want for 4 £ for one ticket or if you come in the a.m., grab an all day travel pass for just a bit more for all day travel in Zone 1.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kirk20003
Thank you for sharing the "secret", I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your first stay with us and we look forward to your return visit!
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2010

This is one of those gems of a hotel. You almost want to keep the secret to yourself. It's very new, it is on a quieter street than most hotels areound Marble Arch, yet it is walking distance to Selfridges, Marble Arch Tube, Edgeware Rd, Baker St, Park Lane etc., The building is typically old London town. Yet it is very modern inside. The reception is a sit down desk. The staff are so nice, and they show you to your room. The rooms are not huge but they certainly are not cramped. Each room has it's own dedicated Sky HD decoder with flat screen tv. A nespresso machine with coffee capsules. The best thing is that all the soft drinks in the mini bar are free! And there is a fresh jug of milk rather than those stupid UHT pots most hotels give you for your coffee. The showers are fantastic and there is Free WiFi in your room! There is a gym, a bar and a really well thought out restaurant. They have introductionary rates as low as £150 (including Breakfast!) before tax and I found the best deals still at that price on getroomscheaper.com .

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with everyone, we are very proud of our beautiful new hotel it is indeed a gem! We look forward to seeing you back here again soon.
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2010

I run a concierge firm and am accustomed to staying at the finest hotels around the world. That said, this is the first hotel that was so remarkable that I had to take the time to post this review. The staff was wonderful and went to great lengths to make sure I was always pleased. The amenities are beyond reproach: fully equipped with any technology I needed (including US adapters), gym, library, office center, etc. The restaurant served delicious cuisine and the mixologist created the most heavenly cocktails one could imagine. Overall The Arch was unbelievably accommodating and charming; I can easily say it is the quintessential hotel. This will be the only place I stay in my travels to London with the exception of trying its sister property. The Arch truly felt like my home away from home and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank 5startraveler_10
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on The Arch, such high praise indeed! We look forward to welcoming you 'home' again soon.
Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2010

This hotel is the perfect balance between chic design and unpretentious cosiness. After a long day walking, it was really like coming home. The staff was unbelievably welcoming and helpful; the rooms were very comfortable and made very good use of space so that not only are they nice looking, but very functional for two people (we were in a deluxe king). The location is great for shopping and easy to the sites. I think this hotel has overtaken The Soho for me in terms of not only value for money but more importantly the quality of the experience overall. I will be back.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thalgizouzle
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2010

I celebrated my birthday recently at the Martini Library here and had a truly delightful evening! The cocktail list is comprehensive and appealing. Our bartender was helpful in suggesting which ones we might particularly like or not like and I was excited to see that the 'mixologist' was from New York's Pegu - somewhere I had recently just visited.

The Library itself exudes an air of luxurious comfort. Many of my friends commented on how it was like "being in a posh person's living room" with plenty of seating everywhere on unique armchairs, sofas and seats of all sorts....good for lounging on if you're actually staying in the hotel too and wanting to browse their trendy coffee table books with a night cap or afternoon tea I guess.

We tried some of the pizzas while we were there, which were really good, with perfect crispy thin crusts. The discreet 'press for service' wall buttons are a nice touch.

I was not staying in the hotel but was lucky enough to get shown a few rooms by a helpful member of staff (they looked great and I especially liked the look of the funky teapots). Would definitely go back for another pizza and perhaps try out the 'Salon du Champagne' too next time!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2010

about a 3 mins walk from Marble Arch you'll find this hotel, and oasis of calm. Check in was a breeze and shown the room to the room by a staff member. Booked a Executive King room via Expedia for £195 but when checked out was charged £175 per night, BB...not sure why and did'nt ask!! Roomwas large and beautifully decorated in a modern/classic style...really could not offend anyone. TV in bathroom with a great shower and bath products..free soft drinks in minibar and a pint of milk for the coffee machine and kettle is great idea. Bed and pillow so comfortable with soft sheets and massive bath towels/robes. Beakfast was great too...cold selection there to help yourself and hot breakfast cooked to order...Really cannot say how much we liked this hotel and would stay again and recommend to others. Car Parking just down the road in a NCP carpark at £20 per day ( and thats not too bad for london!!! )

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple