“Amazing!”

Ranked #21 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Atlanta, GA
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

Very trendy and cozy. This was the last night before we flew home to the US and I left my eyeglasses in the room. They were more than helpful in shipping them back to me. The only issue was that the restaurant was out of steak, however the rest of the food was great. A+

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
BeccyGunn, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, 3 August 2010
Thank you so much for posting your review, I am pleased you have been reunited with your glasses and hope that you will visit us again next time you are in London.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Newbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

per·fec·tion   /pərˈfɛkʃən/ Show Spelled[per-fek-shuh
2. the highest degree of proficiency, skill, or excellence, as in some art.

This is the dictionaries definition of the word, and as far as hotels go this word fits perfectly to this rare beauty among so many disappointing hotels in London.
I recently graduated from Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne in Switzerland, and since studying the art of people and hospitality I have grown a knack for finding every little detail that is wrong. That being said, I could not find one fault during my stay. This is the 4th weekend I’ve visited London since moving to England in March, and it is the only time I have been absolutely taken a back with amazement. The following is a summarized version of our stay:

•Extremely warm and friendly welcome
•Taken to the room by a very enthusiastic young man, who told us all about the hotels facilities
•Was unsure of what to take at the bar, as the cocktail list was extensive. The man who served me asked what liqueurs I fancied and what kind of fruits I enjoyed, I was then made a special cocktail with vodka, white chocolate liquor, fresh raspberries and ground sugar. The cocktail was one of the best I’ve ever tasted ( taking into consideration that I was a bartender through University and am very picky when it comes to cocktails)
•We then each enjoyed a lovely bath in their spacious and modern bathrooms ( televisions in their showers ). Just amazing….
•The bed was without a doubt the most comfortable bed I’ve ever slept in, so comfortable that we could not get up in the morning to make it down to the restaurant for breakfast.
•While checking out the young lady asked me how my stay was, I told her it was just excellent and that it was too bad we missed breakfast, she then went to enquire whether they would still make us something and they welcomed us into the restaurant. We both thoroughly enjoyed our eggs Benedict and Portobello mushrooms with poached eggs and Hollandaise sauce.
•PER-FECT from A-Z….

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who has a passion for unique hotels with extreme beauty and great service. I can’t wait until my next visit to The Arch London.
Thank you to everyone who made our experience with you a memorable stay.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you for such a glowing review, naturally I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and everything was perfection. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Arch London in the near future.
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2010

I have stayed at the Arch twice and am not at all surprisd they are now in the number 1 Tripadvisor spot in London . Great hotel who has a great GM who leads a great team .
Well done to the Arch team .
Daniela + David

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
BeccyGunn, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, 2 August 2010
Thank you so much for posting a review, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming back again soon.
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2010

I stayed at The Arch for about 10 days while working in Kensington. I chose the hotel because of great ratings on Tripadvisor and its proximity to Hyde Park, Oxford Street, and Kensington. I never thought I would rave over a London hotel but The Arch lives up to its high rating. The hotel clearly looks after every detail, from the relatively small but beautifully organized room, to the relaxed but very professional staff, to the beautiful library and gym. Non alcoholic drinks from the mini bar, and high speed wifi are complimentary. Like many hotels in London, it is quite expensive unless you can get a good advance purchase deal on Expedia etc like I did. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again if I could get a discounted rate.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
BeccyGunn, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, 30 July 2010
Thank you for posting your feedback, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us so much that you have taken the time to recommend us to others. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Arch next time you are in London.
sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2010

This hotel is so good it's hard to know where to start.It's as though the people behind it are real travellers themselves and have pulled out every stop to make guests happy.Every aspect of the design is super-stylish, clearly expensive , but the designer has superb taste and the furniture,artwork, color schemes ,none of which is repetitious is a delight to the eye.In the bedroom itself,the mattress is indecently luxurious and comfortable.I loved the thoughtfulness of bedside lights plus specific reading lights which could be aimed exactly at my book.I always switch on the TV as soon as I get into my room.I could write a very long list of the hotels I've stayed in recently where I've had to ring reception to ask how to see plain ordinary TV rather than all the services and extras they are trying to sell (e.g.InterContinental, Los Angeles).The Arch has a Sky set top box with full electronic TV guide and I'd say in excess of 200 channels.
EVERY sports channel, every movie channel, every entertainment and news channel.The box is virtually the same as the Foxtel in Australia so very easy to use. Not for my use, but for travellers from Asia, Europe, the Mid-East etc they had additionally a list of 25 foreign language channels they had provided.WiFi is free,everywhere, again none of the bull where it's free in the lobby but not in your room.Connects straight away and does not need reconnecting everytime. Tea and Coffee making facilities..there and again not ordinary stuff. A Krups Nespresso machine which made a proper espresso. Tea bags weren't the chaff you normally get but muslin bags with real black or herbal tea.I hate having to order a cup of tea from room service. It's not the money, it's the privacy I want in my bedroom.
A mini-bar with free softdrinks including some classy juices.
Instead of those awful folding stands for my case there was a padded wide bench stool which could be used as an extra seat if not for luggage.The work desk had so many desk height power points, including American ones, plus an all type adaptor...already plugged in..again they've done the thinking for the tired traveller.
My room had a shower in the bath, with a beautiful large overhead rose, plus an easy to use flexible head. My wife had to have a bath so she could relax and watch TV in the built-in screen.2 extremely thick bath robes,huge towels as well, very good toiletries and a big cake of luxury soap (small soaps are one of my biggest hates). Even a night light in the bathroom, so necessary if you're in a strange place but lacking nearly everywhere else
We had breakfast there every day. We often will try a hotel breakfast once and not return.
The food and service offered mirrored the style and luxury everywhere else. Home made breads and jams. Hotel fresh squeezed juices sitting iced in little containers. eggs, (and kippers) cooked exactly as you ordered. Proper cappuccinos and espressos and leaf teas. Home made pastries. An excellent assortment of gourmet cheeses., all in a beautiful room. Definitely worth the 18 or 19 pounds.
I did venture once to the gym, as much to report to those friends of mine who insist on a great gym at every hotel. This one was set-up with what seemed only top-of the-line equipment, including some new machines I had not seen. The rowers were Concept 2 which I know are the best you can buy (or use)
I had an important meeting and used "The Study" a very impressive room , again featuring the diverse, luxury furniture that is everywhere.
The hotel also told me I could also use the library, fitted out like in an expensive home and very pleasing to the eye.
The staff are young, very well trained,beautifully groomed in sharp shirts and no ties, super-polite , but smiling and friendly at the same time. they all seemed very keen to please. Not surprising for a new hotel, but in London where you normally get either people who have been around too long or have just commenced a pleasant change.
I like being near Oxford St , but not with noise so I found the location fine, a five minute walk to Selfridges
After more than 150 trips around the world and perhaps 80 stays in London since 1967 I don't often bother to write reviews, but I do read them before planning a trip (e.g 1898 in Barcelona, excellent). I'm doing this because as a businessman I am full of admiration for a business that has gone so far to please it's customers and anticipate their needs.
I hope other hotels can learn from them

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Thank you so much for such a long and glowing review, high praise indeed! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with here at The Arch London, we strive hard to anticipate our guests needs and provide the facilities and extra touches that take an ordinary hotel stay to the next level. I really look forward to welcoming you back to The Arch London in the future and hope to have the opportunity to meet with you in person.
takoma park, md
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2010

The Arch is a lovely, boutique hotel about 2 blocks from Marble Arch. The staff was very gracious and welcoming. The bar and restaurant are comfortable...especially for a solo traveler.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
BeccyGunn, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, 15 July 2010
Thank you for posting a review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to The Arch in the future.
leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2010

A very conveniently situated hotel just 5 minutes walk away from Marble Arch. Great access to underground stations and Oxford Street. Everything from the welcome to check-out was perfect, the only thing is the staff need to actually smile at the guests a little more and come out from behind their computer screens which are too big (or there are too many) on one reception desk!
The rooms and amenities were excellent and I like the coffee machine in the room as well as the thoughtful addition of milk in the mini-bar.
I would definetly pick this hotel again on our next trip to London. I might even get a smile next time!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
BeccyGunn, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, 14 July 2010
Thank you so much for posting a review, your comments are much appreciated and we do take them all on board! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to personally welcoming you back to The Arch London again soon.