“Fantastic, funky and so very luxurious!”
Review of The Arch London

The Arch London
Ranked #20 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 6 October 2010

We stayed in The Arch London in mid August. This hotel was absoloutly super! The staff and concierge were very friendly and helpful. The restaurant food was fantastic, the first night we arrived we were very tired, so we decided to have room service....WOW!! this room service food was the best thing ever!! Fresh, hot and tasty. The bathroom amenties were also wonderful....There is so many fantastic things i could say about this hotel!! its great! luxurious, warm, friendly....just AWESOME!
Thankyou everyone for making it such a beautiful stay xx

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
BeccyGunn, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2010

Thank you for posting a review, it is lovely to read that you were "wowed" by the hotel and particularly enjoyed the room service dining option. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Arch next time you are in London.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,809)

Reviewed 4 October 2010

Recommended by a friend I decided to give the Arch a try on a recent business trip to London, i didn't see what there was to lose given the outrageous pricing of many of the luxury hotels now in London.

My expectations were exceeded on all accounts - value, comfort, privacy, functionality. All were on a different level to the likes of the more well known business hotels such as the Berkley, Metropolitan, Four Seasons etc.

The room i was allocated (junior suite) was extremely spacious, had all the mod cons one needs (iPod dock/charger, free wireless internet/WiFi without the annoyance of trying to log-in to password protected networks etc). The room was even fitted with a fully enabled Sky box making catching up on the week's football an unexpected treat. I later found this is standard across all rooms.

The bed, always a major issue when staying at business hotels, was extremely comfortable, neither too hard nor too soft. Most definitely on a par, if not better, than the Westin Heavenly range.

The breakfast lounge and dining area were chic and cool, with a variety of spots covering more open seating areas to very private areas lending itself perfectly to more sensitive business conversations. Food itself was great, both the buffet and the ala carte menu - most definitely recommend the blueberry pancakes!

Service was solid and without any hitches - a pleasant surprise given it's often the Achilles heel of new hotels before they 'find their feet'. The Arch seemed to have these points covered from the outset.

The concept of 'home from home' around which the hotel is based, came across very subtly. Particularly the drawing room, decked out with huge, beautiful leather arm chairs and a vibe that allows the day's stresses to melt away, was a great way to chill out at the end of a long day.

All in all, a great little hotel that i'll definitely be using more in the future.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
BeccyGunn, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2010

Thank you for posting a review I am delighted that you enjoyed your time at The Arch and look forward to welcoming you back to your london "home" again soon.

Reviewed 4 October 2010

Second stay at the Arch and it only gets better. The warm welcome gets you started. The exquisite design of the rooms, luxurious bedding,T.V. in bathroom, internet radio and peaceful quiet in the middle of London, make it difficult to leave the room.
Breakfast and dinner and drinks at Hunter 486 are a must. Try the library for afternoon tea. Gym is atate of the art and a good place to walk if it's raining and you can't go off running in Hyde Park which is a minute away. Shops are around the corner as is the tube station. Can't wait for my next visit.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2010

As a person who has stayed in 100's of hotels from 2 star to 5 star I have to say HANDS DOWN this is the best hotel I have ever had the pleasure to stay at.

We had booked 3 nights here and unfortunately we were "bumped" from the airline from the states to London. I called immediately (11pm US, 4am London) to inform them of my disappointing turn of events. The staff couldn't have been more kind and did not charge me for the first night. That is ABOVE AND BEYOND and for that I am truly grateful.

Once we arrived in London it is a quick express train and tube stop hop away to Marble Arch station and then a 3 block walk to the hotel. Check in was easy and fast. Since we arrived so early our room wasn't ready, but we were told where the restrooms were so we could change. Easy enough, and our bags were kept in safe storage. Received accurate directions to the Imperial War Museum and enjoyed the afternoon sight seeing.

Returned to the hotel and our room was ready. GORGEOUS!! Simply magnificent. No detail was missed. Bed was comfy cozy, LOVED the free softdrink and juices, and the prices for the beer very reasonable. Used the complimentary slippers, but not the robe (I am not a robe girl) however they looked very plush.

Want to relax and watch a TV, you have over 500 channels! We were able to watch US Sunday Night Football. Plethora of choices. And if you couldn't find anything to your liking, just get a DVD from the Oscar Winning library. Or log on to your computer for FREE. And you have the US conversion right there at the desk. Doesn't get any better.

As a self proclaimed "girly girl" this bathroom was perfect. Plenty of counter space, great lighted magnifying mirror, Babyliss professional hairdryer, cotton swabs, q-tips, everything you needed was supplied. And the shower, SUBLIME!! Fabulous water pressure and don't forget the TV or the heated towel rack!!

Sleep was very peaceful. Quiet street with zero noise from the street or the hotel hallway. Never saw housekeeping, but I know they were there doing an AMAZING job. Room was always spotless when we returned. And I loved the little lighted info buttons by the door for housekeeping/do not disturb/ bellman. Like I said no detail overlooked!

Nice continental breakfast in morning. Not too heavy, just enough to give you a good start to the day.

The staff at The Arch are fantastic. Very informative and helpful but not overbearing or pretentious. Warm welcome when you walk in everytime. Front desk arranged for an express check-out and car service to St. Pancras station for our Eurostar early departure.

I could go on an on for days about how much I loved this hotel, but you get the point. We will be returning to London again and I guarantee I will be staying at The Arch London Hotel.

Pro's
EVERYTHING. But for a 5 star hotel to offer fantastic weekend rates, free minibar, free internet, and graciously not charging for my first day cancellation -- you couldn't find a better place anywhere!

Con's
NOTHING. If you forced me to say anything it would be that the drain in the tub was a tad slow but it didn't leave much lingering water. See, I forced myself to come up with a con and it is pitiful at best.

BTW, about 1 1/2 blocks over is an Indian/Pakistan Restaurant called Zayna's. Excellent food. Delicious.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for leaving a review we are honoured to be your "Favourite Hotel of All Time" high praise indeed! We look forward to welcoming you back to your new London home again soon.

Reviewed 26 September 2010

Firstly I should apologise for taking so long to write this review.back on the weekend of the 3rd September I was lucky enough to win a 2 night stay at the Arch London from Virgin Hip Hotels. My boyfriend was working so I took my best friend and I have to say every need was looked after for the whole weekend. We literally did not want to leave so asked for late checkout which reception kindly allowed us to have no trouble at all.

The rooms are fantastic, I loved the extra bits like every room having it's own doorbell and a button to either tell the maid to come or not to disturb rather than a hanging sign. The bathroom was amazing, with the special treat of the TV in the bath, and the complimentary soft drinks on a hot weekend in London were also fantastic. the real winner though was the bed and the pillows, I have never slept so well and been so comfy in my life and I have stayed at 5 star hotels across the world.

The restaurant staff were lovely, food good, but the cocktails were fantastic though London style pricey, I would recommend the Early Grey martini. The staff both in the bar/restaurant and the reception could not do enough to help and I even received a personal handwritten letter from the manager wishing me a good weekend. This extra service I have rarely found anywhere except the so called 7 star hotels in the Middle East, and through personal experience is something rarely found within London.

I cannot wait to stay there again, of which I hope will be very soon!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
BeccyGunn, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2010

Thank you for your review, lovely to hear that you used your Virgin and Hip Hotels prize for a girly weekend in London. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at The Arch London and looking forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 19 September 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Arch for our first night after our wedding. We couldn't have asked for anymore. From first looking around the hotel before deciding to stay there we felt at home and very welcome. Our room was upgraded and was absolutely gorgeous from the cute teapot to delightful toiletries, and the staff were just lovely. Breakfast was delicious, great choices of cooked breakfasts, all soft drinks in the room mini bar were free. We had booked to eat in the restaurant the day after with family and were incredibly impressed by the service, food and staff hospitality. We stayed for a good couple of hours with 2 children and would definitely return. We were even treated to champagne with our family to celebrate our marriage which was the icing on the cake. The arch is a gorgeous retreat in central London well worth a visit for a special night or weekend away. We hope to return for an anniversary in the future.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
BeccyGunn, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2010

Thank you for posting a review, I am thrilled that you chose to spend you first night of married life with us here at The Arch London and delighted that we were able to make it so memorable for you and your family. I look forward to personally welcoming you back here again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 September 2010

I live in Hong Kong but am from the UK so am often in London for business or pleasure and have stayed in numerous large and small luxury hotels in central London over the past few years and this one is excellent. Rooms are spacious and luxurious and every last detail has been thought of. Staff couldnt do enough to help, location is perfect for signtseeing or business and it`s only minutes away from shopping on Oxford street or strolling in Hyde Park. Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
BeccyGunn, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2010

Thank you for posting a review, I am really pleased that you hold The Arch in such high regard. I look forward to welcoming you back to next time you are in London.