“great place”
Review of The Arch London

The Arch London
Ranked #21 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 17 November 2010

Great location and great hotel
very comfortable beds and good size bedrooms
bathrooms well appointed
only small hiccup was check-out girl(Italian I think) who was not very forthcoming
very good breakfast
I will return

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 November 2010

This is one of the nicest properties I've been to in quite some time and staff could not have been nicer.

The room was nicely appointed. I usually will avoid in-room mini bars ... but ... the free soft drinks, juices and water was a nice touch. The bathroom was bright and I'd like to find out how they were able to get the mirror to stay clear from all the steam of the shower! Oh, the TV over the bath was a nice touch.

The restaurant was fantastic. Great ambiance and the food was delicious. It was so good that I had local Londoner's meet me there for dinner instead of venturing out into the city.

Overall ... The Arch is a 10 in my book!! I would definitely recommend it and will book here on to my next trip to London!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2010

The Arch Hotel is good, in fact very, very good. Reviews on Trip Advisor influenced our reservation, but with people having varying expectations we arrived hoping it would suit us, and it certainly did. Look no further; this hotel has made its mark for both business and pleasure stays, and it deserves the highest praise. In future we would not consider staying anywhere else in London. Great, relaxed, smiling staff, and uncompromised detail throughout the whole establishment.

The in-room Nespresso machine; wonderful. The Maline & Goetz peppermint soap has now become a permanent "must have" everyday little luxury, and among the many other thoughtful inclusions the breakfast marmalade deserves special mention. Made in-house and so delicious; trust me, don't miss it.

A haven of elegance in the heart of London.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank HillaryR
Reviewed 15 November 2010

We stayed for one night at The Arch this last Saturday night, and have stayed at many hotels in London and have to say the room was the best we have stayed in, the room was slick and modern, the most amazing comfy Four Poster bed and pillows were a dream! The staff were very friendly, was a real pleasure to stay here! Would stay here again. The Gauduchons.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
BeccyGunn, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write a very positive review on The Arch and I pleased that you rate us as the best hotel room you have stayed in, in London!

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Arch soon.

Reviewed 12 November 2010

This very comfortable small boutique hotel has the amenities and service of a five star establishment and is a great value. The staff is exceptional - they all clearly want to please and go out of their way to make sure your visit exceeds expectations. Our room rate included full breakfast and a room upgrade. We stayed in an executive room and while a bit cozy by American standards (probably large for London), it was well laid out and very comfortable. There were lots of thoughtful touches, including a small refrigerator with free soft drinks, a Nespresso coffeemaker, high quality tea and Malin + Goetz toiletries. The room technology was first rate, including free internet/wifi, internet radio, fog free bathroom mirror and a large tub/shower combo with an inlaid waterproof TV. Breakfast was unusually good - the eggs benedict was made with hollandaise from scratch and the "Full English" was quite tasty, especially the house-made sausage. The restaurant and bar staff were particularly accomodating, and the bar had actual American style cocktails. One night the staff made and delivered a special fruit and cheese plate for us when we wanted a light dinner in our room. Housekeeping included turndown service each night. They gym is intimate but has top notch equipment. The location was great - 5 minute walk to the Marble Arch tube and Hyde Park, similarly close to many attractions. So many other little things; umbrellas, excellent help with directions and hailing cabs, etc. We just loved this place, hope they don't change a thing and can't wait to return. I wish we could just move in and stay!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

What a lovely review to read!

Thank you for taking the time to write and praise The Arch so highly.

We constantly strive to make each guests stay memorable and comfortable, so I am pleased to hear this was the case with your visit. I am pleased that everyone helped make it so enjoyable for you and that the food in HUNter 486 did not disappoint.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Arch very soon!

Reviewed 11 November 2010

This was our first trip to London and we were excited to find this hotel for the price
Pros:
>The location was fantastic! Just north of Hyde Park and very close to a tube stop
>The room was beautiful! Somewhat small, but well appointed and the bathroom was fantastic – huge tub with a tv. :)
>Complimentary still and sparkling water bedside and everything in the mini-bar, except the alcohol, was complimentary as well. (Being from the states, we were not used to that)
>The restaurant was, hands down, the best food we had on our entire UK trip. We had dinner one evening and breakfast on another day and both were incredible! I recommend the restaurant even if you don’t stay at the hotel.

Cons:
>We did have a couple of issues regarding the staff, however I’m not even going to go into them because the hotel was so fantastic that in the end, those issues didn’t matter at all.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and upload photos from your stay at The Arch.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that HUNter 486 did not disappoint and delivered excellent food for you.

I am sorry to hear that you experienced some issues with our staff here. We are always striving to improve on our standards, so I would be happy to discuss these issues with you further to ensure that they are rectified. Please feel free to email me directly on beccy.gunn@thearchlondon.com.

I hope it has not put you off visiting The Arch again and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 11 November 2010

Let's get one thing ou of the way upfront; we absolutely loved this hotel. If there's a better hotel in London, I'd need to see it to believe it. The Arch, simply stated, is amazing. It was the third hotel we stayed in on our trip that took us from Paris to Brussels, and ending in London. The Arch, located in Marylebone near Marble Arch, is set back from the chaos of Oxford Street. I wouldn't call it residential, but the area certainly has more of a neighborhood feel. We liked that a lot as it enabled us to retire to a quiet setting while still being steps from where we wanted to be. The room we were in was spacious and beautifully decorated with a touch of modern while still maintaining its traditional, townhouse feel. The bed was amazingly comfortable, and like the room itself, very accommodating. We also decided to have a drink and a meal at Hunter486. While I can't say it was the best meal I've ever had, it was certainly above average for a hotel restaurant. Overall, I can't recommend this hotel enough. When we find ourselves back in London, we'll look no further than The Arch.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a complimentary review on The Arch! Very high praise and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Arch in the near future.