“I found my home in London!”
Review of The Arch London

The Arch London
Ranked #18 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 November 2010

Had not been to London in over 10 years, now new job that will have me there on ocassion. Needed one day in London this week, as final day of EIGHT day European business trip. I could not have found a better spot to stay. From the moment I arrived, having hassled a one hour taxi wait at the train station due to construction messes, they took care of me, and I finally had the chanxe to "let go". I told them I was tired asI was checking in, a pot of fresh coffee showed up at my elbow. This property is super- clean and sparkling new and beautiful. A bed and breakfast environment mixed with Four Seasons sensibility. After a day of meetings, was too pooped to move--and my room service dinner and the late night tea and snacks, while watching movies on my bed, was exactly what I needed. Staff are fab, you feel London in the pores of the room, and all worries are left behind. I love this place. No reason to hotel hop----any futuire trips,. this is my address. Love this place.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
BeccyGunn, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2010

Thank you very much for posting such a positive review. We are absolutely delighted that we were able to take the stress out of your day and that you were able to relax in the room with Room Service for dinner. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in London and congratulations on your new job!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,840)

Reviewed 25 November 2010

We stayed just one night at The Arch, thanks to winning some gift vouchers for the hotel group.

The hotel is very well located, close to Marble Arch tube station. The staff are welcoming and friendly, the rooms very well presented if somewhat on the small side. Shower is excellent, and the freebie soft drinks are very welcome. Staff are casually dressed, which is a nice touch.

I would suggest that you avoid the breakfast at almost 20 quid per person, and head up the road about 75yds to patessierie Valerrie where the quality is about the same, but at half the cost. As long as you don`t mind indifferent service!

A vey nice hotel, but most definiteky overpriced as we have stayed as similar quality hotels at around half this price.

We also noticed alot of people tipping. If you are as uncomfortable with tipping as we are, ignore the flash people and tip if you get exceptional service only!

A final word, I have a feeling that this hotel is just inside of the congestion zone, so double check if you`re better parking a few hundred yards away!

1  Thank billywhizz_uk

Thank you for posting your review. I was of course most disappointed with your comments regarding the cost of coming to stay with us. We pride ourselves on offering exceptional value for money, which many of the guests on this site have commented on. All our rooms offer many additional complimentary benefits including internet access; individual Sky HD box with all movies and sports; CD/DVD player; I-pod docking; Internet radio and Nespresso machine and Jing making facilities alongside the complimentary soft drinks in the minibar. We have also kept our breakfast prices on par or below other hotels in our vicinity and offer for £18.95 per person (excluding Service Charge) a full continental buffet table alongside hot dishes such as Eggs Benedict, Full English Breakfast, Blueberry pancakes and the like.

I was delighted to read that you felt the staff here at the hotel were welcoming and friendly and that you enjoyed the location. Unfortunately this does mean that we are within the congestion charge but our Concierge is always available to assist with parking options and find the best travel arrangements for every guest. I very much hope that you will consider the Arch London for any of your future stays here in the Capital and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 24 November 2010

We have just returned from a weekend in London. We were celebrating my husband's 40th birthday. We have been to London many times staying in different types of accommodation.The Arch made our weekend extra special. We loved the location in a quiet street but very close to main attractions and to public transport. Staff are so helpful, The hotel feels cosy and personal. We loved the breakfast and even ordered room service for dinner one evening, Wonderful quality for a reasonable price. We strongly recommend this hotel. In fact next time we go to London, I refuse to stay anywhere else!! By the way, we went to the West End to see Love Never Ends. This is one of the best west end shows we have ever seen, Wonderful stay!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review and I am delighted that we were able to help make your husband's 40th birthday weekend extra special. It is always such a pleasure to hear that we have met expectations and I look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in London.

Reviewed 22 November 2010

i stayed at the Arch at the end of september for six nights and I can not recommend it highly enough. The location, decor, ambiance,bedding, breakfast and dinner, at Hunter 486 and evening champagne in the exquisite library all made for .a perfect vacation mixed in with some business meetings. This is the place for me in London!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
BeccyGunn, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2010

Thank you for writing such a positive and glowing review! I am pleased that during your six days with us, we were able to offer you a comfortable and enjoyable stay. I am also pleased to read that we are the place for you in London. I therefore hope that we will see you again very soon!

Reviewed 21 November 2010

I booked at The Arch after being ripped off by Beaufort House in Knightsbridge who's system went wrong during booking leaving me over £300 out of pocket!
The Arch more than made up for this bad experience - they are friendly - helpful and took perfect care of us on our weekend away.
The rooms are spotless and very contemporary - there is a tv built into the bath! And the service is one of the best I have experienced and definitly the best in London.
The restaurant is excellent and the breakfast fantastic!
Visit if you can!

• Stayed: November 2010

I’m so pleased to read that we were able to turn what was bad experience for you into a good one!

Thank you for such a glowing review. I am pleased to read that the team here did all they could to make your stay perfect. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 20 November 2010

We stayed at the stylish Arch for 3 nights recently and everything just perfect; location was a couple of blocks from the Marble Arch tube station and bustling Oxford St, rooms beautifully appointed with the most comfortable bed, great coffee machine and gorgeous bathroom products. Staff were very accommodating and helpful and breakfast in the hotel was yummy. We would really recommend The Arch for great value,comfort and service.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple

I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay and that our service did not let you down!

I hope that you will visit us again soon. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 20 November 2010

I stayed in The Arch for a bit over week in October. I was too lazy to write a review earlier, but here it comes now. I want to pay my compliments for the hotel this way.

I chose The Arch because of positive reviews in Tripadvisor. I was very happy with my choise. I travel alot and see loads of hotels. I don't usually bother to write a review unless the hotel is exceptionally good or bad. The Arch was exceptionally good, especially for London standars. I have stayed in several high-class London hotels previously (Hilton Metropole, Landmark, and some others) but I have never been happy with my accommodation. This time I was. I'm definetely going to stay there again when I visit London next time.

I can't really think of anything to complain about. The gym is quite small, if one wants to find something to whine about. That's really about the only thing I can think of. The restaurant they have downstairs is very good and breakfast is super. High-speed Internet was fast and reliable, which was very important for my work. Just a first class hotel in every way.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to right a review on The Arch. And thank you for paying your compliments! I am pleased that we met your expectations and provided you with a comfy stay.

I am also pleased to read you cannot think of anything to complain about! I hope to welcome you back to The Arch London soon.