“Amazing new trendy boutique hotel, very luxurious, chic and low profile. Excellent!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Arch London

The Arch London
Ranked #18 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2010

Amazing new trendy boutique hotel with many extras. It is located on the quiet end of Great Cumberland Place, a few steps away from Marble Arch and Edgware Road. The rooms are absolutely amazing and unique. Very spacious, massive bed, cleverly made wardrobe, luxury bathroom (mine had a tv in the flatscreen tv in the bath!!!). The rooms are equipped with an Ipod dock station for the radio, a Nespresso machine for modern style coffee, wonderful selection of silk tea bags, the softdrinks were included, free internet etc. The stay was very peaceful and relaxing, the hotel might be in the heart of London but it felt like it was located on a peaceful getaway as it is quiet and has a calming aura. There is a nice library to hang out in. The staff is extremely friendly and accomodating. Checkin and checkout are very fast. I was always offered to take an umbrella from the hotel before leaving as it was raining, and I was hailed a cab of the street corner. Its the perfect hotel for any kind of London stay as you are well connected from there and can actually relax in London in the luxury and harmony of this classy trend hotel. It was really inspiring to see a new hotel and with so much more to offer than others.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BeccyGunn, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, 1 December 2010
Thank you for posting such a positive review. I am delighted that we met your expectations in so many ways and I was really pleased to read that the staff were so friendly and accomodating. We very much pride ourselves in going that extra mile whether it be with the facilities in the room or anticipating any guest needs. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Arch London for 2 nights and thought it was amazing from the time we stepped into the hotel. The staff were very friendly and quick to help us out of the taxi. Check in was a breeze and the lobby is rather impressive too. Our room was out of this world. The bed was so comfortable and had very high end linens. The bathroom was the largest I've seen at a hotel. It had a separate shower with a rain shower head. There was also a bathtub that had a flat screen tv mounted into the wall - not to forgot a towel heater too.

We ordered room service for breakfast (expensive, but a nice treat) and it was great. They give you a lot to eat and we even had a hard time finishing it all.

Other small items not to be forgotten - the hair dryer in the room was amazing (very high end version), cozy decor, large closet, American outlets and free internet. The only one downfall (and it wasn't even that bad) our room was very cold when we entered. And it took the heat about 5-10 minutes before it kicked on fully.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BeccyGunn, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, 13 December 2010
Thank you very much for posting such a positive review. I am delighted that you enjoyed the facilities of the room and breakfast so much! I am sorry that you found the room cold upon arrival but was pleased to read that this not spoil your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Teaneck, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2010

Had not been to London in over 10 years, now new job that will have me there on ocassion. Needed one day in London this week, as final day of EIGHT day European business trip. I could not have found a better spot to stay. From the moment I arrived, having hassled a one hour taxi wait at the train station due to construction messes, they took care of me, and I finally had the chanxe to "let go". I told them I was tired asI was checking in, a pot of fresh coffee showed up at my elbow. This property is super- clean and sparkling new and beautiful. A bed and breakfast environment mixed with Four Seasons sensibility. After a day of meetings, was too pooped to move--and my room service dinner and the late night tea and snacks, while watching movies on my bed, was exactly what I needed. Staff are fab, you feel London in the pores of the room, and all worries are left behind. I love this place. No reason to hotel hop----any futuire trips,. this is my address. Love this place.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for posting such a positive review. We are absolutely delighted that we were able to take the stress out of your day and that you were able to relax in the room with Room Service for dinner. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in London and congratulations on your new job!
Trowbridge
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2010

We stayed just one night at The Arch, thanks to winning some gift vouchers for the hotel group.

The hotel is very well located, close to Marble Arch tube station. The staff are welcoming and friendly, the rooms very well presented if somewhat on the small side. Shower is excellent, and the freebie soft drinks are very welcome. Staff are casually dressed, which is a nice touch.

I would suggest that you avoid the breakfast at almost 20 quid per person, and head up the road about 75yds to patessierie Valerrie where the quality is about the same, but at half the cost. As long as you don`t mind indifferent service!

A vey nice hotel, but most definiteky overpriced as we have stayed as similar quality hotels at around half this price.

We also noticed alot of people tipping. If you are as uncomfortable with tipping as we are, ignore the flash people and tip if you get exceptional service only!

A final word, I have a feeling that this hotel is just inside of the congestion zone, so double check if you`re better parking a few hundred yards away!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank billywhizz_uk
Thank you for posting your review. I was of course most disappointed with your comments regarding the cost of coming to stay with us. We pride ourselves on offering exceptional value for money, which many of the guests on this site have commented on. All our rooms offer many additional complimentary benefits including internet access; individual Sky HD box with all movies and sports; CD/DVD player; I-pod docking; Internet radio and Nespresso machine and Jing making facilities alongside the complimentary soft drinks in the minibar. We have also kept our breakfast prices on par or below other hotels in our vicinity and offer for £18.95 per person (excluding Service Charge) a full continental buffet table alongside hot dishes such as Eggs Benedict, Full English Breakfast, Blueberry pancakes and the like.

I was delighted to read that you felt the staff here at the hotel were welcoming and friendly and that you enjoyed the location. Unfortunately this does mean that we are within the congestion charge but our Concierge is always available to assist with parking options and find the best travel arrangements for every guest. I very much hope that you will consider the Arch London for any of your future stays here in the Capital and look forward to welcoming you back.
manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2010

We have just returned from a weekend in London. We were celebrating my husband's 40th birthday. We have been to London many times staying in different types of accommodation.The Arch made our weekend extra special. We loved the location in a quiet street but very close to main attractions and to public transport. Staff are so helpful, The hotel feels cosy and personal. We loved the breakfast and even ordered room service for dinner one evening, Wonderful quality for a reasonable price. We strongly recommend this hotel. In fact next time we go to London, I refuse to stay anywhere else!! By the way, we went to the West End to see Love Never Ends. This is one of the best west end shows we have ever seen, Wonderful stay!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your review and I am delighted that we were able to help make your husband's 40th birthday weekend extra special. It is always such a pleasure to hear that we have met expectations and I look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in London.
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2010

i stayed at the Arch at the end of september for six nights and I can not recommend it highly enough. The location, decor, ambiance,bedding, breakfast and dinner, at Hunter 486 and evening champagne in the exquisite library all made for .a perfect vacation mixed in with some business meetings. This is the place for me in London!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BeccyGunn, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, 24 November 2010
Thank you for writing such a positive and glowing review! I am pleased that during your six days with us, we were able to offer you a comfortable and enjoyable stay. I am also pleased to read that we are the place for you in London. I therefore hope that we will see you again very soon!
Stratford upon Avon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2010

I booked at The Arch after being ripped off by Beaufort House in Knightsbridge who's system went wrong during booking leaving me over £300 out of pocket!
The Arch more than made up for this bad experience - they are friendly - helpful and took perfect care of us on our weekend away.
The rooms are spotless and very contemporary - there is a tv built into the bath! And the service is one of the best I have experienced and definitly the best in London.
The restaurant is excellent and the breakfast fantastic!
Visit if you can!

• Stayed November 2010
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I’m so pleased to read that we were able to turn what was bad experience for you into a good one!

Thank you for such a glowing review. I am pleased to read that the team here did all they could to make your stay perfect. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.