“Comfortable and excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Oakley Hotel

and 1 more site!
Oakley Hotel
Ranked #271 of 573 London B&B and Inns
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Comfortable and excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel is not the ritz, but for this price in the heart of chelsea you absolutely can not complain.

The host was so accommodating, friendly - much more than I was expecting.

The bed was super comfortable and my room was quiet, despite being on a roadside. I didn't wake once!

Shower was hot, room was clean, loads of amazing eateries a very short walk away.

The two closest tube stops are about 15 minutes away, but the walk is so beautiful you don't notice.

Would definitely stay again!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Rassypops
oakleyhotel, Owner at Oakley Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to write this lovely review. As you say we are not a Chelsea Boutique Hotel but I do work hard to make sure my guests have a comfortable stay. We have a lot of returning guests. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
York, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Very good location in Chelsea, and reasonably easy to find. Parking is an utter nightmare (see tips below for good overnight spot)

The room was a dated conversion with only the very basics for a 1 night stay. Comfortable bed, good TV, en suite shower and very quiet. No tea/coffee, toiletries etc.

A good bolt hole to return to after a night out, and convenient for Stamford Bridge/Chelsea harbour, King's Road etc.

Room Tip: Parking: I parked on Lordship Place (behind Carlyle's House) free between 6:30pm and 8:30am. Roo...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ChrisD42
oakleyhotel, Owner at Oakley Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank for taking the time to write a review. I agree we are a budget hotel set in an extremely expensive area and are definitely not a posh Chelsea Boutique Hotel. I would like to point out we do provide 24 hour free tea and coffee in the guests kitchen and apologise if this was not pointed out to you on check in. We have an information sheet regarding parking in the area but agree it is difficult, although easier on the other side of the nearby Albert Bridge.
Basildon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

Great location for this budget hotel in a lovely area of London. Clean rooms and a brilliant breakfast. And thank you to Kate for her friendly help in finding our way around London. Will come again a real find!

Room Tip: The four poster rooms are good value as only slightly more cost than a standard double
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Theresa W
Mooloolaba, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

The location is fantastic, right in heart of London and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I have stayed at the Oakley a few times and I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else when I am in London. The breakfast is fantastic and a good excuse to get up and not sleep in through the holiday. I have recommended this quaint hotel to everyone I know going to London.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael R
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I stayed with my daughter at this hotel. Upon arrival, our room was adequate. However, there was no bar soap in the bathroom (only hand washing soap), 2 ratty towels in the bathroom, and no wash cloth even provided. Just adding a few inexpensive basics would have made this a much nicer stay. Shampoo, conditioner (in travel sizes) and bar soap just aren't that expensive. Wash cloths should be a given. We did have 2 decent towels at the foot of our beds but we had to ask for more toilet paper. Just more attention to the basics would have made this worth the stay. We do thank you for reducing our room rate but this wouldn't have happened if my daughter hadn't persisted about the cable tv not working.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Kathy K
oakleyhotel, Owner at Oakley Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2013
This review is for the same stay as the review below. Please see my response there. I do provide the basics for a budget hotel stay. We are not a luxury hotel but provide comfortable, cheap accommodation in the most expensive area in London. I have never been provided with washcloths in a budget hotel in the UK but I do provide towels and soap, friendly staff and a good cooked breakfast (included)!

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

We were disappointed in this hotel after having found it in a French guidebook. Our room was dirty. No shampoo was provided. We didn't have Wifi access in our room. The cable for the TV in our room did not work either. The neighborhood is very charming, though (keep in mind that the hotel is about a 10-minute bus ride from the nearest Tube stop, Sloane Square). I would only stay here if you really can't afford something a little bit nicer.

• Stayed July 2013
oakleyhotel, Owner at Oakley Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
I am sorry to hear you were disappointed in my hotel. I take my guests’ comfort seriously and we have many guests who return again and again. I do stress the importance of cleanliness to my staff and the rooms are cleaned daily and are spring cleaned regularly. The staff would have willingly cleaned the room if they had been told you found it dirty. This room will be thoroughly spring cleaned tomorrow.

I think we are great value at £42.50 per person, including a cooked breakfast. We are the only budget hotel in the expensive upmarket Chelsea area (other hotels charge over £200 for a room for 2). As such we provide soap and towels, but not shampoo (and don't say we do). We also do not provide wi-fi in the rooms but do have free wi-fi in the guest lounge (most hotels charge for this service).
I do apologise the TV did not work well. However we did reduce your room price for your inconvenience. I do appreciate that some guests expect more from a Chelsea hotel as it is an exclusive area and this hotel is not for guests wanting a luxurious stay. However many guests appreciate my hotel for the budget rooms, friendly staff, good travel advice and being able to use the guests’ kitchen and lounge.
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

We enjoyed out stay at Oakley Hotel, mainly because we were able to stay in such a fabulous area - without the cost of a modern boutique hotel. It is definitely more of a Budget Hotel, as it is situated in an older, non-modernised building, but we enjoyed its old worldly charm and the great (free) breakfasts! From our personal experience we found the hotel clean, and the staff could be seen each morning doing their cleaning duties. If you can handle rustic charm, then I thoroughly recommend this hotel....

Room Tip: We stayed in room 3! It is a good size and has a four poster bed!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple