“Great Italian food & Service”
Review of Amici

Amici
Ranked #11,183 of 23,379 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$14 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Venue The decor is modern and the seating consists of curved booths at one end of the restaurant, with a large red wooden communal table as the room's centerpiece and smaller tables dotted around it. There is an outside area at the back that's perfect in warm weather. The Atmosphere Loyal regulars come back again and again for never-changing favorites, but seasonal additions keep it interesting. Service is reliable and there is no problem adding something to a dish if you wish. The clientele is a mixture of couples young and old, families and groups of friends. The Food The menu also hits all the right notes, with its line-up of well-turned-out comfort food: textbook carpaccio, calamari, perfectly cooked Steaks, veal milanese the size of Sicily, &, especially, knockout pasta (try the crab linguini). Alternatively, perch on a stool at the bar while knocking back Prosecco & snacking on Bruschetta. The Drink Amici is fully licensed and you can indulge in classic or Champagne cocktails for about £6. One particularly welcome addition is a larger choice of wines by the glass, bottles of wine start at around £15.95 And beer is available either in draft or bottles.
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Very nice environment.Food were really tasty. The person served us was very friendly and was always on smiley face throughout the time we stayed.Love the courtyard.

Houmi, Owner at Amici, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2013

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very glad to read that you have enjoyed your visit at Amici Kennington. I am pleased that you did enjoy both the food, the atmosphere and (smiley face :)). You are correct, We have a beautiful garden and hopefully on your next visit you can enjoy al fresco dining.

Thank you once again, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future

Houman and the team

Reviewed 13 May 2013

Despite being longtime Kennington residents we only recently came across Amici through the Tastecard app. After our first visit tonight I can say for sure that we will be regulars from now on. The ambience is lovely and the food was absolutely top-notch, everything I want from an Italian restaurant

Houmi, Owner at Amici, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very glad to read that you have enjoyed your visit at Amici Kennington. I am pleased that you did enjoy both the food and the atmosphere provided there. You are correct, Amici Italian Restaurant, Courtyard & Wine Bar is certainly a unique establishment in Kennington, We have a beautiful garden and hopefully on your next visit you can enjoy al fresco dining.

Thank you once again, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future

Reviewed 21 April 2013

Visited with a couple of friends as was in the area. For me the feel was a little like a suburban restaurant trying to make it in the city but just not quite hitting the mark. Staff were less than attentive although the owner was keen to chat on our departure. Food was average and overpriced. I felt like there wasn't anything we had that I couldn't have done myself. I eat at Italian restaurants frequently in London and just felt the ingredients, presentations and ambiance wasn't worth the the price tag. However portions were plentiful.

Houmi, Owner at Amici, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Dear Happygolucky81,

I always find it interesting that people who obviously care about food and ambiance do not try to put things right when they are in a restaurant, instead they make comments on websites that will not improve anything for anyone.

Any restaurant manager and owner I know would love to hear constructive comments about the food and service which they provide.

Here at Amici we are not pretending to be anything but a good local Italian Restaurant and during the last 10 years almost 85% of our business has been local and repeat. That must say something about the quality of the food & service we provide.

May I ask you kindly to be more specific about your comments because we are very proud of our quality of food as we buy the best ingredients. You mentioned 'felt the ingredients, presentations and ambiance wasn't worth the the price tag'
What dish did you have?
Compared to what other establishment - it was overpriced?
What time were you in the restaurant?

It would be good to hear from you because we do really want to be the first choice restaurant in Kennington but thank goodness we are only human so we appreciate your comments to better ourselves.

You can get in touch with me directly - my mobile number 07775843522

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Houman Meshkati
Proprietor

Reviewed 14 February 2013

Great service, very friendly, superb outside dining area but the Pizza's are the best outside Naples - try the quattro formaggi.

Houmi, Owner at Amici, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2013

What is there to say thank you thank you for your kind comment, All the staff have seen your review and feel one top of the moon, I love Pizza and it is our passion to make it the best in London. Thank again from us all. To stay in touch with the latest events at Amici please like us on facebook, we have a great Jazz night first Wednesday of every month.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

Went here for a nice pre-Christmas dinner. We had the brushetta which was really lovely. I had the chicken salad which was brilliant. Lovely staff, comfortable restaurant. Only reason it's not getting 5 stars is that it's a little on the expensive side.

Houmi, Owner at Amici, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2013

Thank you for your kind and supportive words, I really do appreciate them, to help us get a five from your next visit  please let me know what was the item on the menu which you thought could be cheaper? This information will have me to see if we can make any movement on the price
Thanks again

Houman
please visit our Facebook page for the latest news and offers