“My Birthday treat”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 1 February 2011

Took 25 0f my friends to Budda Restaurant for my Birthday treat. The Staff were excellent if food needed to be replaced it was done quite quickly==Stir frys were excellent. Everyone had plenty of different foods to choose from , even able to satisfy 2 Veggie friends.
I was given a set of little Buddas & some beautifully decorated chopsticks as a present. Friends had brought a birthday cake, staff put on the candles & supplied extra plates & forks, with a smile ,even though they were busy.
It is a GOOD place to take friends & very inexpensive M . A. C.

Reviewed 30 August 2010

What more can I say? £5.50 for all you can eat, I probably ate 20p worth of the most horrible junk ever. Cheap and nasty freezer bag chicken, fatty beef, bright red "glow in the dark" sweet and sour chicken and greasy unidentifable deep fried objects.
The only decent thing was the stir fry Brocolli and the pleasant lady on the till ! Dont bother with this place unless you only care about fodder to fill the stomach!

1  Thank Pinners
Reviewed 6 April 2010

My partner and I went to Buddha Kitchen after the Boat Race. It looked like a good deal (£5.50 all you can eat for lunch/afternoon) for an extensive buffet with many options, including a make your own stir fry and also a choice of lovely-looking noodle soups. Sounded like just the thing to smooth the cold away.

On walking in, there was no one there. So we waited.... and waited a little bit more... and finally seated ourselves. We ordered a couple of glasses of wine and got stuck into the buffet, each assembling a stir-fry.

The buffet food was lukewarm at best, cold at worst. We could only assume it might have been tasty at one point, but certainly not now. We told this to several waiters (when we could find them). We waited for our plates to be cleared and finally ended up stacking them on the table next to us, as did other customers in the restaurant. they stayed there for the entire duration of our meal. There appeared to be about 5 people working on the floor, all of whom were deeply interested in whatever was going on in the kitchen and were scarce in the front.

After about 15 minutes, we finally found one and asked as to where our wine and our stir fry had gotten to. We were met with blank stares and shrugs. Finally one girl went to get someone else and they eventually (5 minutes later) brought our wine. No apology was offered. The stir-frys still had not appeared and apparently had been "lost" - amazing when you hand a plate to the stir fry guy and it wasn't a full restaurant.

No worries, we thought. Let's forget about the stir fry and we'll order some noodle soup.

20 minutes later we had to chase up the soup. At this point, we were starting to find the whole thing strangely hilarious. We continued to sit there with empty wine glasses, and the ongoing fun of "Find the Staff Member". No sign.

We went up to the counter to pay and asked them to just forget about the soup. At this point I expressed how disappointing the whole thing had been as we really hadn't gotten to eat anything that was promised to us. Again we were given the blank stare and shrug, followed by them telling us the buffet was now £8.50 per person as we had stayed after 5pm (due to the delays!). We demanded to see a manager, and finally settled on the promised price of £5.50. We weren't offered an apology of any sort for the abysmal service and lack of food we recieved.

In short - steer well clear, unless you love playing "Where's Waldo" with your waiter!

1  Thank cheesybellybutton
Reviewed 20 January 2010

My husband and I decided to go here for a quick bite to eat before a show at the Hammersmith Apollo.

Shortly after entering the restaurant we were approached by a tired, somewhat depressed looking waiter. Whom, not only failed to make the slightest of eye contact, but attempt any form of greeting at all.

After being seated we decided to order from the main menu. It was quickly apparent that our waiter didn't speak much English, and seemed to have difficulty clarifying what we'd ordered.

"Buffet?" he questioned, pointing to the Buffet stand.

"No, no, we've ordered from the main menu, so no longer want the buffet" I replied.

The waiter skulked off with no further comment.

10 minutes later he returned with just my husbands meal, dumping it on the table, before walking away without a word. A further 20 minutes later my own meal (finally) arrived. To my dismay, I discovered it was actually a very small starter! (This was not made clear on the menu).

We liked the food, but such bad service really let them down. We will neither return to, or recommend Buddha Kitchen.

Reviewed 20 January 2010

I'm just blocks away from Buddha Kitchen and we haven't been there before so we decided to try out the buffet .

Amazingly , it was a great deal for the £5.50 lunch buffet eat all you can..Also we tried the new A la carte menu had some dim sum , surprised me , it was so good and I'm not going to go China town no more . Price was good , love the dumplings ..

I would strongly recommend this place .