“Fairly average London airport experience”

Pilots Bar & Kitchen Terminal 3
Reserve with OpenTable
Pilots Bar & Kitchen Terminal 3 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,614 of 24,268 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We were a party of 6 wanting a cocktail and dinner as a relaxing start to our holiday. The restaurant was fairly empty and yet they kept rushing us to order and then to sit at the table. I've no idea why as it still wasn't remotely full even by the time we left.
We had a broad cross-section of the menu between us, and the meals were not better than OK. Slightly overcooked burgers, chicken "in an oatmeal crumb" - effectively chicken nuggets for adults etc.
Why is it that we don't seem to be able to serve decent food at the main London airports? At terminal 3, where you have a captive audience for potentially quite a long time, you would think there would be a high level of demand for a decent restaurant but, if there is, it isn't being met.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

Have been a few times as a lone traveller. Food has been tasty, staff have always been friendly and helpful. Would go back

Reviewed 20 March 2013

As a seasoned traveller I was happy to discover Rhubarb at Heathrow T3. It makes a lovely change from all the chain restaurant serving fried anything for your meal. I had a long look at their menu and after debating on what to have I settled for a burger from the global burger menu. It was delicious, juicy meat on a fluffy bun with excellent chips! Brilliant food and a perfect way to start your journey.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Looking at their menu, Rhubarb seemed quite promising, but I was hugely underwhelmed by the whole experience.

After waiting to be seated for about 5 minutes (I was the only one at the entrance), someone finally acknowledged me and I was directed to a table. The staff, although not busy, had no sense of urgency and were distracted and disinterested. This was the tone of the service for the rest of my meal. In fact my waiter started the service calling me sir and as soon as I had my food, he just called me mate - a little too informal for my liking.

I ordered a Mexican burger and was informed that it had to be well-done due to British law (which is fine), but what actually came out was a hockey puck. It was dry and chewy. There were no jalepeno chillies and the guacamole was almost non-existent. On the plus side, the sweet potato fries were good and went very well with the sour cream.

With some major tweaks in their delivery, Rhubarb has the potential to be a good restaurant on the basis of their concept, menu and decor. They really need to sort out their staff issues in order to achieve that though.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

My wife and I had a meal 6.30pm on the 25/1/13 just before we flew to Bangkok and i have to say I felt totally ripped off!!
To start i have to mention what happy staff I think not! of the three that came to our table not a hint of a smile evident it was if they were deliberately trying to look miserable!
We ordered a bottle of white wine approx £25 ( I think the cheapest on the wine list ) the male waiter came to our table in what only can be described as dashing to our table almost skidding to a halt with our wine and a bottle of bubbly for another table he literally plonked ours on the table rushingly undoing the cap and disappearing off to the other table with their bottle of wine, we sat there bemused for a moment is he coming back to pour some for us to taste or even confirm it was the wine we had ordered or even pour some for us we just left it on the table for approx 6-7mins to see if he was going to return eventually I can only assume the head waitress came over and proceeded with things as they should have been done in the first place.
The tables are so crammed in you are sitting embarrassingly close to other diners you have more space between tables at a supermarket cafe!
We had the Angus burger approx £12.50 not impressed just tasted very rubbery i would have had the steak but the seating and ambience did not feel right so much so I was almost expecting plastic eating utensils to arrive with our food thankfully they didn't!

Try it at your Peril & Expense!!