“Excellent food and service - Presentation top class!”

Pilots Bar & Kitchen Terminal 3
Reserve with OpenTable
Pilots Bar & Kitchen Terminal 3 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8,404 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British, Contemporary
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service - Presentation top class!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

OK, you've had to put up with the traffic, managed to park your car in the only space available which is 3 miles from the pick-up point, crammed all your liquids into a see-through bag and had your body zapped by an x-ray machine. And lost a shoe. Relief. Now I'm starving as the 3 peanuts on the plane isn't exactly going to satisfy my need for food.

Here, what's this place called? Rhubarb? Whats all that about? Jeesh, ok worth a try i suppose.

"Can I have the English Breakfast with some toast, pot of tea with the errr.. the poached eggs please?"

Oh, thats a nice touch. Clean newspapers not covered in jam or ketchup.....
Nice cutlery too. Blimey, real metal ones...!

Her comes the tea. Nice pot!
And the breakfast... how can I put this.....? It looked absolutely lovely. Wonderful presentation with fried break stick and water cress on top.
But here's what you come in for. What did it taste like?
1. Mushrooms - juicy and fresh
2. Sausages - very very nice.
3. Tommies - yum yum
4. Bacon - 2 slices, minimal rind
5. A healthy 2 slices
And the poached eggs?... Absolutely perfectly cooked!

In summary, 3 words... Very very nice!

OK, its not cheap, but in life you get what you pay for. It was by a country mile the best meal I've had for the location. Service was excellent too with very helpful staff who didn't ask me every 12 seconds if everything was "alright with the meal Sir?".

Would I eat there again? YES
Would I recommend it? YES
Would I go anywhere else in Terminal 3? NO

Yum Yum...!

I have no affiliation with Rhubarb. Or Custard. Apart from that Video I have of them in loft. Adios

• Visited April 2014

• Finnish first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Tasty Breakfast”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This restaurant looks inviting and is located directely after World Duty Free in Terminal 3 so that makes it convenient too. My husband and I had breakfast here before our flight to LA and we weren't disppointed. Our host offered to let us sit anywhere we liked and we chose the back wall so that our luggage wouldn't get in anybody's way. The service was professional and efficient. I had a continental breakfast and my husband had a cooked breakfast. Both were very good and I will definitely go back next trip. A good start to my holiday!

Visited March 2014
Walton, United Kingdom
“Excellent service and lovely food”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Flight delayed so easiest is to find somewhere nice to eat. Couldnt default the welcome, friendly without going OTT. Had a bacon sanie, lovely presented and tasty too! Decafinated coffee was excellent. Although the place was bussy the staff were coping very well without rushing around. All in all a nice place to while away some unexpected extra time and great to get away of the rushing hordes of travellers. Definitely will make some time to come here again when flying out of terminal 3. Well done to the manager and staff.

• Visited March 2014
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Good Quality”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My wife and I called in here to grab a bite whilst waiting for our flight. The place, as expected, has a modern theme and very clean, the staff we encountered were professional and friendly. We chose a New York Burger and Smokey chicken with a mustard dip, served with chunky chips. Both meals were tasty and quite filling. Along with two hot drinks, the bill came to £34, maybe a tad pricey, but the food quality is good and you are being waited on, so not too bad.

• Visited February 2014
Woodham, England, United Kingdom
“Tasty breakfast”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Popped in for breakfast before Air Canada flight - yummy eggs Benedict and full English with a bit of style. Glass or two of the sparkly stuff to help it all go down a treat. Staff friendly and attentive but not pushy. Will call again.

• Visited February 2014