“awful food!!”

Pilots Bar & Kitchen Terminal 3
Reserve with OpenTable
Pilots Bar & Kitchen Terminal 3 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,652 of 24,242 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We had a main course hear prior to flying and would honestly rather have had a packet of crisps!
The 2 mains were Mile High Club sandwich - the lettuce and tomato were past their best and soggy - the bacon was barely cooked and had a huge slimy edge of fat all round it - if bacon is going on a sandwich it needs to be crispy & cooked!! The bread was cheap and plasticy!!

The other main was crispy chicken and chips (I think it was coconut and chilli) - chicken was tough and tasteless. The chips served with both mains were cold and soggy. Staff were busy and never came back to check how the meal was - it was obvious when we asked for the bill we had not enjoyed it as it was pretty much left on the plates. We were in a hurry and when we said it was not a good meal - we were told we should have told them before asking for the bill. Fair enough but we did not have time to wait for them to make anything else - we got a discount of 15% - in our opinion we should not have been charged except for the drinks. Other people round about us were also leaving a lot of food.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Simply put I ordered Eggs Benedict, the yolks of the poached eggs were solid and tasted of the vinegar some cooks (unnecessarily) use to produce poached eggs. I wasn't impressed and I won't eat here again when at T3.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Not being regular travellers from Heathrow we obviously valued the TA reviews. For once, they were not wholly accurate. We didn't expect cordon Bleu and we weren't disappointed. We had a Full English, and Cranachan. Not too taxing for the chef but the bacon was obviously not freshly prepared and over cooked and came with a 12 inch flat inedible breadstick (??) that you could hammer nails with. The tomatoes, sausages, oily mushrooms, were adequate and the scrambled eggs were a delight. With only a small handful of other diners, the pressure of numbers wasn't a contributing factor to a fairly lacklustre breakfast. Cold toast and slightly warmer coffee rounded off this perfectly ordinary fayre. Okay but nothing special.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

OK, you've had to put up with the traffic, managed to park your car in the only space available which is 3 miles from the pick-up point, crammed all your liquids into a see-through bag and had your body zapped by an x-ray machine. And lost a shoe. Relief. Now I'm starving as the 3 peanuts on the plane isn't exactly going to satisfy my need for food.

Here, what's this place called? Rhubarb? Whats all that about? Jeesh, ok worth a try i suppose.

"Can I have the English Breakfast with some toast, pot of tea with the errr.. the poached eggs please?"

Oh, thats a nice touch. Clean newspapers not covered in jam or ketchup.....
Nice cutlery too. Blimey, real metal ones...!

Her comes the tea. Nice pot!
And the breakfast... how can I put this.....? It looked absolutely lovely. Wonderful presentation with fried break stick and water cress on top.
But here's what you come in for. What did it taste like?
1. Mushrooms - juicy and fresh
2. Sausages - very very nice.
3. Tommies - yum yum
4. Bacon - 2 slices, minimal rind
5. A healthy 2 slices
And the poached eggs?... Absolutely perfectly cooked!

In summary, 3 words... Very very nice!

OK, its not cheap, but in life you get what you pay for. It was by a country mile the best meal I've had for the location. Service was excellent too with very helpful staff who didn't ask me every 12 seconds if everything was "alright with the meal Sir?".

Would I eat there again? YES
Would I recommend it? YES
Would I go anywhere else in Terminal 3? NO

Yum Yum...!

I have no affiliation with Rhubarb. Or Custard. Apart from that Video I have of them in loft. Adios

Reviewed 25 March 2014

This restaurant looks inviting and is located directely after World Duty Free in Terminal 3 so that makes it convenient too. My husband and I had breakfast here before our flight to LA and we weren't disppointed. Our host offered to let us sit anywhere we liked and we chose the back wall so that our luggage wouldn't get in anybody's way. The service was professional and efficient. I had a continental breakfast and my husband had a cooked breakfast. Both were very good and I will definitely go back next trip. A good start to my holiday!