“Good Pub”

Ranked #3,684 of 24,268 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$14 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Notting Hill
Description: The Phoenix is comfy pub located conveniently around the corner from Bayswater underground station. The pub serves traditional cask ales, premium spirits, cocktails as well as a wide variety of soft drinks. There are some great drinks offers. There is an extensive food menu with pub favourites such as Fish and Chips and Burgers, through to lighter snacks and sharing platters. We also have some great food offers with two main meals starting from only as little as only £12.99 for the pair. The pub has a large screen to show sporting events as well 4 others, there is also free Wi-fi for your convenience. The team at the Phoenix look forward to welcoming you!
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Although a chain, liked the feel of this pub. The bartender was very nice and took her time to explain both the menu and beer selections. It was late afternoon and the place was not busy, but the place seemed very relaxed. i had something with chicken (after a few pints) that I remember liking.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Me and my friends stopped by this pub as we were trying to get drunk as young 20-something-year-olds in Europe for their first time. It's really conveniently located nearby our hostel so we scampered up. AT the time, I think a pitcher was 8 or 11 euros depending on what you got. The staff was really friendly and helped us pick good drinks. They had a pretty good variety. They had football on the televisions so it was nice to be in an English-type environment. Definitely what we were looking for. The food wasn't half bad and after 2 or so pitchers, I really enjoyed the salty-ness. Definitely a great place and would love to come back here if I ever made it back to England.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Just what I needed an excellent 'real' pub in Bayswater!!
No nonsense; great bar staff; good selection of beer at normal prices.
Menu was uncomplicated with just standard pub favourites with a couple of Korean inspired dishes for those wanting something different.
I went for the traditional cod & chips with mushy peas...and this will be the standard all future fish & chips will be judged by!! Excellent piece of cod, well battered and not in the slightest bit greasy; chips again excellent, crisp outside fluffy middles!! Superb.
I'm in the area a lot so I will be back. Really recomend this place.

Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

we went for lunch and watching a game. we had sunday roast and fish and chips were very good. but when we ordered some bread and butter the bread was frozen and not so good. and only 2 pcs for 99p. the else very good and delicious. recomanded

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Nice cozy little pub with great atmosphere, friendly staff, tasty food and a good selection of beers. This was our first visit to a British pub in 15 years. How I miss it... I'd go back there.