“Very nice hotel, with kitchenettes in room”

Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
Ranked #184 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We booked this hotel as it was a reasonable price for a family room for 2 adults and 2 children, and it looked nice on their website. We usually stay in the Radisson Mayfair, but know that their family rooms are 2 double beds, which doesn't suit us now that our son is old enough to need his own bed. The room we were allocated at the Park Plaza Westminster had two single beds and a double sofa bed in a separate seating area, separated by the bathroom and a little kitchenette area, with a microwave, sink, mini fridge and enough plates, glasses, cups and cutlery for 4 people.

Having young kids, we really appreciated the compact kitchenette area, as we were able to bring food in from the nearby supermarket, to microwave and serve. A nice family-friendly touch that you rarely get in a city centre hotel.

The floor to ceiling windows overlooked Waterloo station, but there was very little noise through the glass. The bathroom was clean and housekeeping was good.

We didn't eat in the restaurant. It was open p,an from the first floor reception desks area, across the large lobby. It didn't look the sort of place that would be keen to have small children running around. We opted for the ground floor coffee shop, which was very relaxed and welcoming.

The hotel is located on the south of the Thames, very close to both the London Eye and the London Aquarium, which also shAres it's roof with McDonalds! So the kids were happy with the location choice.

Taxis were easy to find, lined up outside the hotel main entrance, and also on Westminster Bridge.

We enjoyed our stay, and would definitely stay there again. We also recommended it to my sister as she's planning a trip to London with her husband and children, and felt that the kit hen area would entice her to book a room here.

Room Tip: City-view / Landmark view rooms aren't much more expensive than those overlooking Waterloo. Mi...
  • Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Ash1971
There are newer reviews for Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London

Reviewed 27 July 2011

This hotel was located perfectly for our visit into London.
As you enter the hotel, you climb a set escalators and enter a contemporary lobby. There's a wonderful bar serving rather expensive cocktails- the atmosphere is very moody! We sat in the bar for several hours (ordering drinks we really shouldn't have purchased) and just enjoyed ourselves. The view from the coffee area is spectacular.
the rooms are fantastic- kitchenette, seperate living room, stunning views and clean/modern bathroom.
I've stayed at both park plaza's (county & westminister). this is my favourite and has a different clientele- I think this is targetted at the professional/business traveller. They have conferences on the ground floor and basement- very friendly staff- can't help enough. We needed to move rooms and they organised it all for us without any problems.
I would highly recommend this hotel for its location on southbank- a real contender against Royal Horseguards which we also love.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lovetotravelal
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Booked a double room but was given a twin room. I did ask to be moved but was told it was fully booked. The beds are not very comfortable (hard mattress on top of what seems an iron bedstead) and the pillows give no support at all. The bathroom was realy nice though with separate shower and bath. The room was quite small and was interior so not a lot of natural light, but it was quiet. The wardrobe was very close to the bed so I did knock my leg on the iron bed a couple of times whilst unpacking.

The internet did not work via the TV for 2 days but I was still charged for trying to log in. Also, there is no audio on their internet either. I put out the sign for my room to be cleaned, when i came back a few hours later I saw the cleaner by my room so went to the bar to give them time. When I went back I found my room had not been cleaned. I called housekeeping and they said they would send someone, so back down to the bar to wait. Bit of a pain as I wanted to get ready to go out.

Anyway, the hotel is in an excellent location but you do pay for it. It is clean and the staff are friendly. Oh and they give you a little space in the fridge for your own foods/drinks but not much space. When I completed a survey for my stay to the hotel I was offered a complimentary upgrade on my next stay (within 6 months) but of course that means spending another £300+ pounds. I would stay again but only for it's near location to places I was visiting.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2011

My husband surprised me with a trip to London for my B-day. If you are looking for a great place to stay within walking distance of many of London's attractions this is it! The hotel is very modern, the room was spacious and had lovely views, the staff were friendly and helpful. The Sushi restaurant was a great place to enjoy lunch and take in the amazing view of Westminster Bridge, Parliament and of course Big Ben and you're only a stroll away from The Abbey - you can walk the aisle like Kate Middleton & Prince William. We look forward to returning to this great hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frither
Reviewed 27 July 2011

The location of this hotel cannot be beat. You can ride the tube from the airport and get off at either Waterloo or Westminister stations, each about 5 minutes from the front door of the hotel. We could actually see Big Ben from the windows in our room. The rooms are very modern and spacious. The food from room service wasn't great, but it was edible. For the location, I would highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Miloman10
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stayed here on a business trip in September,2008. A decent hotel with a good breakfast and extremely good location

Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We visited this hotel for my partners work party. There had been a spot of bother being booked for the room that we had asked for, though once sorted out our room was great. The bed was comfy, decor was nice and modern and it was well furnished. We spent our night in the function room and the food provided from the hotel was amazing, it was a fantastic night. Next morning we went for buffet breakfast which again did not disappoint! The hotel itself is in a handy location easy to get down to the riverbank and also the underground.

Room Tip: get in touch with staff-try not to email
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple