“Upgraded for free...love this hotel!”

Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
Ranked #194 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 31 January 2013

I have been meaning to review this hotel for a year. It is beautiful, it is in a perfect location, the service was excellent, the sushi was excellent. The beds and linens were wonderful. We got an inside room, no view but it was so quiet and dark I slept better there than I do at home! We were upgraded for free to a suite and it was a trip of a lifetime. When we needed service, once because our adaptor blew a circuit, the hotel service person arrived within minutes and fixed the problem...with a smile. We were able to be picked up for various day trips from the front lobby. We were within a block or so of westminster station, a block or two from Westminster bridge. It really was amazing. I recommend it HIGHLY!

Room Tip: I liked the rooms that are on the inside because they were very quiet and dark for a good night slee...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jan45667
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2013

Thank you Jan45667, we’re pleased you enjoyed your stay with us last year and hope we can welcome you back later again this year.

Thank you for your recommendation and 5 star rating.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

Room I got was large with nice furniture. Friendly staff. Breakfast was good with a real good Variety. Hotel location was also good as it was near London eye. and Big Pen.
Hotel staff were friendly and very helpfull

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you Abdulmohsen for your review and 5 star rating.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

Me and my partner stayed here lastyear for a few nights get-away, From the minute we seen it from the outside, we knew we was staying in 5* luxury, we walked into the hotel and was greeted with wonderful reception staff and wonderful men, who took are bags to our room. The room is as good as it gets, nothing atall was there to complain about, best night sleep i have had in years. We looked out out window onto the inside off the hotel, but looked to are left and could see straight through massive panes of glass, the perfect view of big ben, location was just perfect. The only thing that was a concern was the bar prices, being a northerner, and being in thatchers part of britian, i felt serious pain as i dipped into my wallet for a couple of drinks. But then again in the location you are, we never ate or drank much in the hotel, theres some great Italian restaurants about and if your feel like a mcdonalds that isnt to far away. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, its out of this world.

Room Tip: Stay away from the bar if your a northener
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LeeCon7

Another amazing 5 star review, thank you LeeCon7.

Glad you enjoyed our comfy rooms and amazing location.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 30 January 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights on business. The room I was allocated was excellent, inward facing, quiet and very comfortable. Oddly, although there is a kettle, mugs and milk I could find no tea or coffee. This was not, for me, a problem but it could be for others.

Hotel facilities are excellent and I really enjoyed making use of the well equipped gym.

I only ate breakfast one morning during my stay and it was good. On my second attempt to use the restaurant the queue to get a table was so long I didn't have time to wait

My only other criticism was of the length of time I had to queue to check out; there really needs to be more staff around to bust the check out queue trailing around the hotel lobby at 8:30 a.m.

Other than those minor irritations this is one of the best big hotels I've used in London and I would recommend it to others

• Stayed: January 2013
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2013

Thank you for your review and 5 star rating johnpears.

Sorry about the lack of amenities, I have shared your comment with our Executive Housekeeper and I will keep an eye on this.

For your next visit, please do utilise our Express Checkout should there be a long queue. Having received your bill overnight in the Express Checkout envelope or by reviewing your bill via your TV, simply place the envelope in the Express Checkout box (located en route to Reception from the main lifts) and we’ll check you out using the credit card details pre-authorised at check in and send you a copy of your bill.

I hope you’ll be able to benefit from this service in the near future.

Reviewed 30 January 2013

I don't know why it has taken me so long to find this hotel, (It has been open for three years) but I am so glad I have.
Upgraded to a sumptuous suite with a swish lounge area, a proper coffee maker and a wonderful view over Westminster bridge to Big Ben, Parliament and Westminster Abbey. Elemis toiletries in the luxurious bathroom and a choice of a bath or walk in shower. Lots of storage space (If you need it) in the bedroom and the bed and the pillows are the most comfortable I have ever slept on in any hotel. Had a great dinner in the main restaurant, wonderful melt in the mouth Rib Eye Steak for me and my partner chose the Sea Bass, he said it was "delightful". Congratulations to the Chef. We had no problem getting seated for breakfast and found the choice to be varied, the food plentiful, tasty and very fresh. The greatest asset to the hotel, has to be the staff. From the doorman who greeted us on arrival, the bar and restaurant staff to the bell boy who put our luggage into our car, everyone was cheerful and gave the hotel the atmosphere of a very happy place to stay. The management of this hotel should give themselves a well deserved pat on the back however the marketing departing need to get a grip and shout from the rafters about this fabulous hotel in a great location in the worlds greatest city, London. Try it you wont regret it.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny and have excellent views.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank KMWShropshire

What review! Thank you KMWShropshire, what a delight to read your comments.

We’re thrilled you’ve found us! I have shared your comments with the team and it is proving to be a great motivator.

Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 30 January 2013

This hotel is located within very short walking distance to some of the amazing sights in London (London Eye, Houses of Parliament, St Margaret's Church and Westminster Abbey). We stayed 4 nights over the Christmas Period in December 2012.

We were offered free upgrade upon check in to a Studio room which was really nice and quite spacious for 2 adults. In fact this was the biggest hotel room we stayed at during our England & European trip. The studio room had separate lounge and bed area, two TVs and a microwave in the room.

We had to order room service for our dinner as we could not find any restaurants that were open around the hotel on Christmas eve and day. The food from room service was mediocre.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VerliS

Thank you for your review and 5 star rating, I’m pleased to note you enjoyed your stay despite our room service menu not being to your liking.

We have recently reviewed our extensive menu and I have shared your comments with our Executive Chef to ensure that we continue to deliver our usual great quality menu items.

Thank you.

Reviewed 29 January 2013 via mobile

Really nice hotel. Nothing but good things to say. Check in : easy as can be. Very helpful and friendly staff. Breakfast : maybe a 2/3 minute wait. Can't understand the negative comments about this. Didn't happen with us and the hotel was full this weekend (Jan 25th wknd). I did notice people behind us 'complain' they had to wait 2 minutes to get a table. Seriously people.. There were tables available, but the wait was simply for a staff member to walk you to your table. If your gonna complain about stuff like this , then stay home. No issues at all from check in, during the stay and to check out. Again, don't listen to these knuckleheads who complain when there's clouds in the sky. You're a tourist/traveller. Enjoy it!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Alsovian

Thank you Alsovia, your comments are truly appreciated. Our breakfast team and I will continue to ensure all our guests enjoy the same breakfast experience and of course, their overall stay experience with us!

Thank you.