“Strangely disfunctional”

GreenLeadersGold level
Muscat
“Strangely disfunctional”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

If you want a busy, well appointed central hotel this is an option. Best for tourists though, as the wi fi is intermittent, the breakfast queue 10 to 15 minutes long, and the executive lounge, which apparently is the only place which has desks and chairs which are not in the room is the executive lounge which is an extra 39 GBP. You can order breakfast in your room, but they forgot to leave a menu in the room one night, which resulted in me thinking that service was not available. So I had breakfast at the Starbucks across the way, after bailing on the queue after 10 minutes.

So a luxury look and feel, but not actually what you need when you need it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank MuscatDesertdiva
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Dear MuscatDesertdiva,

Thank you for your review, however I am sorry to note you did not enjoy the usual service commensurate with Park Plaza Westminster Bridge.

With over a 1,000 guests at any one time, breakfast waiting times can increase during peak hours, and as you have rightly noted another great way to enjoy breakfast is via Room Service, without a tray charge. However, I apologise your breakfast menu card was not replaced, please for your next visit simply call Guest Service or Room Service and they will be able to replace it for you.

And don’t forget with the Executive Lounge for just £33 per night (single occupancy) or £49 per night (2 sharing) you can enjoy breakfast, afternoon tea and canapés and cocktails in the evening.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,288)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

I stayed here on a short break to London with my teenage daughters. It's in a great location, close to tubes, train, many places in walking distance (London eye, dungeons, Globe theatre). The studio room was spacious and well appointed, the wifi being a 'must' for the teenagers. Breakfasts were lovely (but expensive), great service. I only wish we'd had time to try out the swimming pool, gym and spa, from what we experienced of the rest of the hotel I'm sure they were great

1 Thank Elzbeth2
Dear Elzbeth2,

Thank you for your review, we’re pleased you and your daughters enjoyed our great location and well appointed spacious room.

We look forward to welcoming you all back on your next visit to London.

Lancs. UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

We spent our first visit to London during the October break, using the Park Plaza Hotel, Westminster as our base for four days, and it's ideally located near the underground (Westminster), the normal railway (Waterloo) the numerous buses, and the river too, if you fancy a trip on the boats.

The nearby attractions are, in no particular order, the London Eye, which we got a good view of from our room, the Houses of Parliament, the River Cruises, the London Dungeons, The Sealife Centre to name a few are all a very short walk from the hotel.

When we were there, it was the weekend of the 2013 storm, but we never heard a thing in our room, and it wasn't until we saw the news in the morning that we realised how close it had come.

The hotel itself is very modern, and our room was equipped with a Kingsize bed, and our daughter had her own double bed, each with their own T.V., the bathroom had a bath and a shower cubicle, and there was also a kettle and a microwave too.

Probably the best feature is the service, there were plenty of staff, and they all wanted to help, nobody was shy to come forward.

A mst enjoyable stay!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Wow, thank you for posting your amazing review AndrewClarkson.

Glad you enjoyed our hotel and our great location as a base for your visit to London.

Thank you for your recommendation and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Cardiff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel for a night whilst visiting London during half term. Took a while to check in although probably due to us turning up at 2pm so peak time.

I booked a family suite and was really pleased when I opened the room door. It was very well appointed, well designed and very comfortable, with small kitchen including microwave (although didn't make use of this).

Swimming pool albeit not huge was perfect for the kids to have a swim, and towels are provided in the changing areas as you would expect from a hotel of this rating.

I opted to pay extra for use of the executive lounge as its not much more than just paying for breakfast, and its from here that you get the best views of Westminster, Big Ben etc. You can use this on the day of arrival for hot and cold drinks, pastries, afternoon tea which the kids loved as the scones were to die for. We also used this prior to leaving for the theatre as they put out canapes and had wine and beer. You also take breakfast here and again the views of Westminster is a great way to start the day.

Room Tip: Executive lounge is worth paying extra for
1 Thank BarryBoy71
Thanks for adding your great 5 star review for our hotel BarryBoy71, we are delighted to have provided such a great experience for you and your family.

Your comments and Room tip is spot on …what great value the Executive Lounge is, for just £33.00 per night (single occupancy) or £49.00 per night (2 sharing) and £20.00 per additional person 12 years old and over or £10.00 per child under the age of 12, you get to enjoy breakfast, afternoon tea and cocktails and canapés and cocktails!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in October 2013. The location is perfect, Hotel is new, well furbished, Chekin-checkout was ok, I stayed at a suite room it was not as big as I expected but the room was ok. Internet is free in the room but the signal was weak if you are not standing next to the door opening to the hall. Another downsize was the weak continental breakfast. When you pay around 300$ per night, the breakfast should be better then a Novotel breakfast.

Anyway, I'll recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Before you book your room, be sure the room has a window. I upgraded my room to suite because the ro...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Seyahatnasihat,

Thank you for your review and choosing our hotel for your 4 night stay in London and we’re pleased you enjoyed a warm welcome.

I’m sorry to read your comments regarding your breakfast experience, which I have shared with our Breakfast Manager. We will continue to monitor and ensure we are providing the best start to the day for all our guests.

Bromsgrove, Worcs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband have just come back from a one night stay here to celebrate my husband's birthday and our 2nd anniversary...all I can say is that it was perfect!
The hotel is first of all extremely easy to get to, Waterloo station and Westminster tube station are both within short walking distance. It is a stunning building, right on the south side of Westminster Bridge, looking at Parliament, Big Ben, the London Eye etc, so it is in a prime sightseeing area, you can see loads of the main sights just by walking. The hotel itself is beautifully set out, very well designed with lovely decor. Check in was very easy and the staff were all extremely friendly and helpful, which was lovely after being held up by the train cancellations due to the storm and having a very long National Express journey meaning we got down there 5 hours later than expected!
We stayed in a studio room on the 10th floor, I paid extra to upgrade to an iconic view, which did not disappoint, in fact it exceeded expectations, stunning view of the bridge, Big Ben and Parliament, so lovely to watch all the lights of London through the floor to ceiling windows from the comfort of bed! The room itself was very well equipped, with a living room area, very large bathroom with a separate bath and shower, two televisions, minibar and a large queen bed which has to be said was much more comfortable than any hotel I have stayed in before...in fact it is the first time I haven't started wishing for my own bed at home!
I paid to have access to the executive lounge, and this was well worth it. Because we spent so long travelling we hadn't eaten and were going to the theatre on the night so we popped in here to have some of the canapés and drinks that were available in the early evening. There was a vast array of food on offer and also plenty of drinks, both soft and alcoholic, and all this is included in the price. All the food was fresh, tasty and replenished regularly. We also had breakfast in there and it was a hot and cold buffet with again a vast array of food...cold meats, bread, cheeses, pastries, full English and plenty of hot and cold drinks. It was easily the best breakfast I have had in a hotel and we had to test a little bit of everything! The executive lounge is in the atrium of the hotel and has amazing full glass windows with the same view as in the room, a lovely setting to sit and relax with a drink.
The hotel also added a very special touch as they knew it was a celebratory visit and on arrival we found a lovely chocolate mousse cake with a Happy 2nd Anniversary card and message in our room...a really appreciated touch there from the hotel so thank you!
When we got in from the theatre, the Apollo Victoria - Wicked, brilliant show, we decided to order room service and both had a beef burger. Very needed and so so tasty! Arrived very quickly, freshly cooked and with all the trimmings. Personally I thought that for room service late at night the price was very reasonable and the girl that delivered it was so lovely! Wish I had got her name, all I know is that she had only worked there for a month but obviously enjoyed her job and has a lovely friendly way with the guests and I wish her all the best!
All in all I think this is the best hotel I have ever stayed in and I am already longing to get back there for another visit, and try out the spa and pool, and the other facilities that we didn't have time for this time. All the staff should be praised for their customer service skills and be proud of making the guests' time there an extremely good one!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank EmsWilliams
Wow, EmsWilliams, thank you for your amazing detailed 5 star review!

I have shared your comments with the entire team and it is bring us all great pleasure that our passion and dedication to provide a great experience for our guests shining through.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to enjoy some great treatments in Mandara Spa.

Thank you again for your review and recommendation.

North Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

This very busy, contemporary hotel delivers everything promised and more. I was also upgraded to a studio room from the superior room booked, which in addition to having two bedrooms also had a microwave and sink, highly suitable for a family stay and the bathroom was tasteful. The beds were really comfortable and the bedding was high quality. The staff were also focused on custome needs.

Room Tip: Pay the extra £39 per room and gain access to the executive lounge which provides that extra special...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you for adding your 5 star review for our hotel Christopher B.

We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and that you could see our passion and enthusiasm to provide you with a wonderful experience by focusing on all our guest needs.

The Executive Lounge is something, isn’t it....and what great value! For just £39 per night (2 sharing) you can enjoy breakfast, afternoon tea and canapés and cocktails, what’s not to like!

I hope we can welcome you back again soon.