“Corporate hotel.. You are a number.”

Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
Ranked #195 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 December 2013

It was a stingy corporate hotel when I stayed.

The lobby seemed to be full of little groups, dressed in black...If I'd only had a large bowling ball.

The company who had booked it had booked two of us in different rooms. So throughout my stay I was referred to as 'Mrs M' , who I'd never met and was in another room, despite my protestations.

Thinking that I should of ordered several bottles of Krug under Mrs M's name.. I ordered an in-room breakfast instead..( 'thank you Mrs M' said the order taker n the phone ) And paid cash... .

It was stone cold.

The room was excellent, and bath superb.

The wardrobe turns out to be behind enormous cheap looking picture representations of women by the way.

The staff are all very smiley and seemingly eager to please so apart from not knowing who the hell I was and the cold breakfast excellent hotel to stay in for Westminster,if you are a corporate, or as a tourist.

And they even send you a nice message afterwards.

Although mine was addressed to .....Mrs M. Of course.

Room Tip: Try for one with a view...other than the street.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JaneFrost
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear JaneFrost,

Thank you for your review.

I’m sorry to note that we couldn’t seem to update your booking name, my apologies as this is something that requires a simple amendment once reported. I have shared your review with our Front of House Manager and our Reception team.

My apologies again for your poor Room Service breakfast experience, this is highly unusual. Our Room Service team pride themselves on delivering great service and quality dining experience. I have shared your review with our Room Service Manager and he too extends his apologies for this shortfall in service.

I hope we’ll have the opportunity to redeem ourselves in the near future.

Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on the 28th for a work party. It was beautiful. The check in was easy. Room stunning. The evening was brilliant from everyone I spoke to. We all had a amazing night. The only small issue would be maybe fresh milk in the fridges instead of the milk portions. Bed was comfy everything was fab no issues from check in to check out. Well done park plaza no wonder they chose you to host our night!!!

The Christmas decorations were amazing too.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Gemma W,

Thank you for posting your great 5 star review for our hotel, we're delighted you enjoyed your work party with us and your stay too.

I hope we’ll be able to welcome you back again soon..for business or pleasure!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Very smart hotel right in the middle of town, quite literally handy for everything. Beautifully appointed rooms, smart public spaces, lovely breakfast with a view over Westminster Bridge. Very cosmopolitan both in staff and clientele. An unexpected jewel, we will definateley be back.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Malcolmw7
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Dear Malcolm7,

Thank you for posting your great 5 star review following your stay.

We are indeed in a great a location for iconic views and walks by the Thames on the South Bank, also for great transport links with Westminster and Waterloo tube/train stations.

We’re pleased you enjoyed our hotel and hospitality and are delighted you’ll be back.

We look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

On 27 November I was a guest at the Westminster Bridge Park Plaza Hotel. A case containing valuable equipment which was booked into the secure cloakroom, was negligently given to a stranger. Throughout the entire proceedings, the hotel treated me as the perpetrator, not the victim. The loss was caused by the negligence of hotel staff, but the management showed no concern for the guest nor for their property.

I checked the case together with another bag and a coat into the secure manned cloakroom, highlighting the valuable nature of the case contents. At the end of the evening I returned to the cloakroom to collect my belongings. I gave over my ticket, which had never left me throughout the evening, but only the coat was returned. The cloakroom was searched but there was no sign of either the case or the bag.

Security were called in and the CCTV camera showed a coach driver leaving the hotel with my case, which had distinctive handles, together with the bag. My property was taken to Heathrow Airport and then abandoned in the coach company’s office.

Hotel Security wanted to handle the matter internally, but I called the police. It took an unbelievable seven days for the hotel to recover the case. The hotel then agreed to send the electronic contents to the manufacturer for checking, but a week later this had not been done, and the manufacturer had to collect the equipment from the hotel.

Security at this hotel is suspect and the management do not care.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
10  Thank DEAA16
ParkPlazaWestminster, General Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear DEAA16,

Thank you for your additional feedback following our subsequent meeting.

As you have noted we have been in constant communication and have provided immediate assistance following your initial report on the day and subsequent email to myself and also during our meeting.

As we discussed, using CCTV footage we identified the coach company that inadvertently removed your items. As we reviewed the footage, you were immediately advised that as you wished to report this to the police that you would have to contact the police to make a report as they do not accept 2nd or 3rd party reports of incidents.

We explained that the delay in returning the items were that we had to get the drivers company details from the organiser of the event who booked the transport, the company they booked it with and then subsequently the driver themselves. The coach driver did confirm he had inadvertently loaded your bag with other items and had identified your bag by your business cards and had duly texted you to confirm this.

Although we were happy to have the camera checked professionally, there was an obvious delay as you chose not to leave the protective case for it and we were initially unable to locate a courier who would accept it and of course this led to the inevitable delay.

We are pleased to advise that we did resolve this and apologise for the inconvenience and remain at your disposal for any further assistance.

Daniel Pedreschi

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Opinion: Perfect location for travelers on vacation (close to sights) or business (close to rail.) View from the front of the hotel is of Big Ben clock tower and in walking distance of almost all major London sights. There are excellent places to eat near by and the hotel has a very good breakfast buffet or a coffee shop to eat at. In the evening they have top notch dinner and bar area.

Hotel: Clean, pleasant staff, nice rooms, nice bathrooms, did I say clean.

Attractions Near Hotel: The London Eye is a 4 block walk away. Westminster is across the bridge near BIG Ben. Buckingham Palace is near 1 mile away. A 25 minute walk fropm London Bridge. A 30 minute walk to China town and I highly recommend going there for pubs and food. Try to make it in the evening to Piccadilly Circus for the night time flare.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Brian D

Dear dowood27,

Thank you for your review and for posting and adding another great 5 star review.

Sounds like to you had a great time seeing London and staying with us.

Thank you for choosing Park Plaza Westminster and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I Had breakfast in this hotel for 3 nights stay on business trip. A gentleman was asking people next to us if he could refill their tea and coffee. He got to us, served coffee and also asked if there is anything he could do for us? I jokingly told him I want sausage but not pork sausage. He then told me he could offer me vegetarian or chicken sausage but will check with the chef. I chose chicken sausage. So he came back and said it will be ready in 15mins. Adesegun came back with the chicken sausage at the exact time. He was very friendly and I asked if he is the manager, he said his role is Guest Service Ambassador, looking after guest at the breakfast, making sure we okay. He really looked after us. Well done to you Adesegun and the chef unfortunately, I do not know his name. looking forward to coming back next time.

Room Tip: I will advice that you don't assume things. You never get what you don't ask for. So e tr...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Yousouf M,

Thank you for your review and kind comments about Adesegun.

We are thrilled he could serve you so well as he truly is proving to be our Ambassador for delivering and showing great hospitality.

I have shared your comments with Adesegun and our Breakfast Manager and the entire team and we all look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

I arranged a trip to the hotel to propose to my girlfriend!!! I was greeted with the most amazing surprise with an upgrade and complimentary prosecco!! The staff where amazing for the whole of our stay. We used the French brasserie, sushi bar and even the room service. All of which where of the highest standard and very reasonably priced for the location. I have stayed in many hotels all over the world but the this is one of the best!! The complete package!!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ian7777
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thanks for posting your fantastic 5 star review for our hotel Ian7777 and congratulations!!

Now you know where we are I wonder where you’ll spend your honeymoon??!