Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
18,376 results
All reviewsbig benlondon eyestudio roomiconic viewprimo barmodern hotelsouth bankbig hotelthe executive loungeexcellent locationsofa bedfantastic hotellounge areaan upgrademini bartube stationwestminster
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed 3 person for 3 nights at this hotel . We upgraded the room to Family suite which was great and lovely. The decoration of the hotel & room very nice,
All the hotel's area well clean, comfortable and the staff very kind and smiling all the time ! this something not usual for British persons so really impressive !
The restaurant was busy during 8-10am but the food was tasty and allot of variety at the buffet bar.
The main purpose of choosing this hotel must be his great location to the main attraction: nearby Westminster Bridge and Big Ben, London Eye , walking distance to the Buckingham Palace
And Metro station is less than 100 meter from the hotel
Most recommend hotel.
Enjoy life friends or mates..
Sassi

Room Tip: try to get with view to the bridge/Big ben view
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sassi g
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear sassi g,

Thanks for positing your review and for your recommendation.

Our iconic location is ideal with the tube so easily accessible for visiting many other sites in London.

It’s pleasing to read that our hospitality complimented our surroundings and that we gave you such a wonderful experience.

I hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed here between Christmas and New Year's. It is a large modern hotel. The location is great. The staff is polite but no one goes out of their way for you. The several concierge's we asked for help answered the questions we asked but never tried to make additional suggestions or facilitate navigating difficulties. The rooms were generally well appointed but the lighting in the bathroom was horrible - putting on make-up here was like putting in on in the dark. The light switches in the rooms were on an ongoing challenge. The gym and pool facilities were nice. My husband and I enjoy have a drink at night in the hotel lobby bar, but this bar was large and loud and not a relaxing place. Basically - this hotel is a good base from which to explore London, but unlike other hotels, there is not much about the hotel to enjoy in its own right.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear 3girlsBethesda,

Thank you for your review, however, it is of course disappointing to read that we let you down.

We have received numerous positive posts on our friendly and attentive team members, I am sorry that this was not your experience.

I’m glad you enjoyed other aspects of the hotel and I hope we’ll be able to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very modern and has a strong corporate feel. I loved my stay overall.
Room was very comfortable and bed great. Had a really nice sleep. Didn't like the lighting in the room though as it was always a little dark.
Plenty of areas to eat and drink within the hotel. However the place was very full on the Saturday and Sunday which meant breakfast was a bit of a cattle stampede and food was luke warm and bacon smoked which I can't eat but these are small points which should not spoil the overall experience of the lovely stop over

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear StuartJ64,

Thank you for your review we’re pleased you enjoyed our fab hotel and fab location.

I’m sorry to note your poor breakfast experience, we have worked and focused very hard on improving on this area, I’m sorry this was not your experience. I have shared your comments with our Breakfast Manager and we will both be keeping an eye on this.

I’m pleased this hiccup did not mar your overall experience and hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

In September 2013, we booked a premium double room as part of a large group reservation. Our group has stayed at this hotel on a regular basis since it opened three years ago.

We checked into the hotel just before midday and our debit card was swiped for 'extras'. Our room wasn't ready so we checked in and stored our luggage and returned at about 1615 to collect our key card. When we got to our room it was a twin, not a double and our mini-bar was still locked. We called reception and were told that a double room was not available in the rest of the hotel (comprising 500 rooms!).

I went to reception to see what could be done to rectify this situation and was told that rooms were allocated in order of check-in. I said we had checked in at 1200 and for a 500 room hotel to have no double rooms available at that time was beyond belief. The receptionist went to see the duty manager, came back, shrugged his shoulders, and repeated that there was nothing he could do about the room.

Eventually the mini-bar was unlocked and about 10 minutes later reception rang to check that the mini-bar was now unlocked. I said it was and the receptionist asked if she could do anything else for us. I said she could give us the double room which had been booked in September and, to add insult to injury, she laughed at me!

Shrugging shoulders and being laughed at by receptionists is a completely unacceptable level of service at a 4* hotel. Truly atrocious treatment which ruined our weekend!

We will never stay here again and nor will our organisation.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank TCMuffin
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Dear TCMuffin,

Thank you for your information which has allowed me to review your booking and the circumstances upon check in.

As per my correspondence and as you have rightly noted, your booking was part of a large group booking and was subject to the terms and conditions of the group contract. The rooms booked were double/twin rooms and were not guaranteed. Therefore, upon check in you were allocated a Superior twin as there were no Superior king rooms available. We would have gladly accommodated your request for a double as per the group contract, regrettably we were not able to do so as we did not have any Superior King rooms available due to the hotel being full.

We did have higher category double rooms available, however, this would have required an additional charge to your room rate. I am sorry this option was not offered to you.

I am sorry to note your comments regarding the reaction from one of our Receptionist during your call, this is certainly not the behaviour we expect from our team members. I am endeavouring to identify the Receptionist but of course my sincere apologies if your conversation was anything but professional. I have shared your comments with our Reception Manager and I would like to assure you that the whole team is very disappointed that this is the view you have of them.

I note that you state you will not be returning as well as advising your organisation not to use our hotel in the future, I do hope this will change and that we have the opportunity to serve you better in the near future.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

We stayed here for one night and were very impressed on arrival with the lobby and reception area. We were upgraded to a studio room which was a nice surprise and it was absolutely lovely. It was a very good size with a lounge area and also a bedroom, the decor was nice, it was all very clean, comfortable and had everything you could need.

The hotel bar had entertainment in the evening and although we didn’t visit it as we returned from a show in the evening, it looked as though it was a good night in there and the singer sounded great!

I visited the pool in the next morning before 8am which was a child free zone until then; thought this was a great idea as you can have a proper and peaceful swim, which I did and really enjoyed. Decent sized pool, nice relaxing ambience, clean changing rooms and showers.

The restaurant was extremely busy and crowded at breakfast, but the service was still fine and the buffet had plenty of good food on offer.

The hotel has a great location right near Westminster Bridge and Big Ben, excellent tube connections and also nice for a walk along the Thames.

Would not hesitate to recommend it and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Dear jerseykathyl , thank you for your detailed review.

We’re pleased you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, from check in to breakfast the next morning.

Thank you for your recommendation and I hope you will be able to visit us again soon.