“Pleasant stay”

Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
Ranked #192 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We spent 3 nights in February (3 adults) at this hotel and the whole experience was outstanding. A Big Thank You! to all the staff working here. Everybody made us feel welcome and was extremely polite and helpful during our short stay. The location is excellent and the price is decent for a 4 stars London hotel (considering the location). The room was very clean, modern decor and very spacious. We chose a room with a view to London Eye. Both, the bed and the sofa bed were very comfortable. We slept very well at night after long days of sightseeing. The bathroom was big, modern and very clean, with towels changed daily. Internet connection in the room was very good. I loved the fact that there was a mini fridge we could use for storing beverages and I also loved the tea kettle that allowed guests to brew tea at any time. We did not use the microwave at all, but it was there for guests who wanted to warm up something or to prepare a fast meal. Having 2 TVs in both, the living room and the sleeping area, was a nice touch. We did not watch TV more than 15 min total during our stay, but other people may watch TV more while vacationing.
I loved the fact that there were outlets in the room that allowed guests to charge their devices without using a converter. Not too many hotels offer this option to guests coming from North America or Asia.
The hotel staff was extremely polite and helpful at all times. The concierge, the porters, the reception desk staff and the waiters and waitresses were all providing an outstanding service. We were always greeted with a big smile and all our questions were answered in details and with a lot of patience.
The breakfast was good, with enough options to get you started in the morning. The food was always fresh, tasty and guests had lots of options to choose from. I really do not understand the negative comments some guests made related to the variety of food provided at breakfast. There was enough variety and the food was not boring at all. We never had to wait to be seated at the table in the morning and we never felt rushed to eat and leave. The staff was extremely courteous at all times.
We also ate one time at Primo Bar and at Brasserie Joel. The food was OK, nothing to rave about, but definitely something to consider if you want to eat light in the evening or during the day (if you do not care to go out if the weather is bad or if you need a quick snack).
We will definitely consider staying here again when returning to London. The location and the services are on par with the price you are paying for staying here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear monica1978,

Thank you for your detailed review, what a pleasure to read.

My team and I are thrilled you enjoyed your time with us in our great iconic location and in one of comfy rooms.

It’d be our pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit when London calls.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (17,617)

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed last month in January with family. We had 2 twin rooms. The rooms are very modern with good facilities and very clean. With so many bedrooms in the hotel, the cleanliness is excellent. Rooms are a good size for London hotels and all you need to hand. Breakfast was superb, great buffet selections of fruit, cold options and cooked breakfast. Well laid out and good breakfast room management even though a conference room on the ground floor had to be used.
The staff in the hotel are excellent, check was thorough and the bar staff were patient and obliging. With 12.5% added to your bill that isnt surprising. The door man from Leitrim was very friendly as were the porters.
The great aspect of this hotel is the location, in the heart of all London has to offer - close to Leicester Sq, Parliament area and the Mall. Great transport options also. Overall a very well run hotel, great customer service and superb bedrooms.

Room Tip: Get a room a with a view
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Great review, thanks Brian269. Glad you and your family enjoyed your time with us in one of our spacious family rooms.

We’re delighted you enjoyed our hospitality and hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Having stayed at the Park Plaza Riverbank many times, and watched this hotel being built, we had decided that next time we wanted a hotel in Central London, we would stay here.
Oh how I wish we had booked elsewhere!

A catalogue of small failures which added up to a very disappointing experience.
At check in we were told we'd been allocated a twin room. I checked our confirmation which stated a Superior Double. The receptionist offered the only available double which she called an "accessible" room, with a walk in shower. This sounded acceptable so we agreed. What she failed to mention was that the room had no natural light at all, since the only very narrow window was along a short corridor and right at the corner of the atrium in the centre of the building.I will upload a picture of the window in full daylight!
The TV was also in a very awkward position to watch from the bed.

Breakfast on both mornings was ok, but each time we were re-directed to a basement room, rather than the proper dining room, which was not as comfortably appointed.

On check-out, we left our case with the concierge. On returning, having picked up our luggage without a word from the staff, we were half way to Waterloo Station, when I noticed that a bag containing wine and plastic glasses for our train journey was missing from the "Kangaroo pouch" on the front of the suitcase.
My husband returned to the hotel to find out what had occurred.
He was only at that late stage informed that the bottles and one of the glasses had been broken and he was given £12 to cover the loss.
We understand that accidents happen, but are most upset that we were not informed when we first went back to pick up the bags, If we'd got any further on our journey home we would not have had time to return and find out what had happened.
I do not understand why we were not informed of the damage immediately we picked up the luggage.
All in all we will never stay here again

Room Tip: Avoid Room 402
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TravellingLil
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear TravellingLil,

Thank you for your review, however, I am of course disappointed that we did not meet your expectations.

My apologies for the unfortunate breakage of the items within your luggage and of course that you were not duly notified and compensated accordingly. I have shared your review with our Concierge team and they too would like to be associated with this apology.

We are of course pleased this has been resolved to your satisfaction and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I have been to Park Plaza many times and always felt good there but never posted a review before. After my last visit there though I promised myself I will do it. What triggered it was the way I was taken care off at the restaurant for breakfast. I always found the staff there professional but this time I was impressed. I want to thank Ioana and Alina Visan for being so kind and friendly with me. As a guest but also as a marketing professional I could not help but admire excellence in action. Adrian

Room Tip: some rooms have inside windows so I had to always specifically make sure at booking they have rooms...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review Adrian C, our Breakfast team are truly a dedicated passionate to providing a great experience at the start of the day!

They have already read your review (as many of our team members do) and they appreciate our kind comments.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Fancy the idea of overlooking Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament on your next visit to London?
I don’t mean with binoculars by the way – checking the time is as easy as looking at your wristwatch from The Park Plaza Westminster Bridge. We spent five very enjoyable days at this hotel recently and really appreciated its central location, upmarket, modern accommodation and excellent facilities. With more than 1000 rooms on offer, The Park Plaza caters for everyone from coach tour passengers to members of parliament. Don’t be daunted though – this is one of the best managed big hotels around. The foyer area is huge – easily big enough to cope with the crowds that mill about at peak times.
Finding a quiet corner for an evening glass of wine was never a problem at the foyer level bar which also serves delicious meals. My requests for copying and scanning at the business lounge were handled quickly – with a smile. Well trained staff are everywhere particularly at the entrance of the hotel to ensure everything runs smoothly.
Check-in was quick and easy and we were upgraded to a studio room on the floor overlooking Westminster Bridge Road featuring 37-inch LCD flat-screen televisions (bedroom and living area), bathrobes and slippers, floor-to-ceiling window, pull-out sofa bed (ideal for families), self-catering facilities including microwave and cutlery and to my mind an essential in any decent modern hotel these days – a separate shower and bath. The view was magnificent – but the studio decor makes a statement as well. Open the front door and hit the lights and in the lounge area you are greeted by a beautiful ballerina in full flight – well her picture anyway which takes up an entire wall. Even the carpet makes a statement with quotes from Keats poetry underfoot. The lounge is small but comfy with a three seater, coffee table, two ottomans and a flat TV. Lights are operated with a push button system that i never really mastered – one end of the studio would suddenly go dark. The fridge under the sink was well stocked and we had a microwave, cups, bowls, plates plus coffee/tea and milk. The bathroom boasted an excellent shower, separate bath, thick towels, a full length mirror and all the expected goodies. Lighting was A1. There was another full length mirror in the hall and the aircon was super quiet thanks to the fact that the fan speed could be turned right down. Spots made reading easy in bed – and at the desk. There were plenty of plugs including US and European fittings. The bedroom was a good size – comfy bed – and of course that view! As you would expect there was an iron and board pus a good sized safe.
The Westminster tube is just across the bridge the London Eye is at your doorstep – in-fact most major sights are a walk away. Want to take a longer rail journey? Waterloo Station is 10 minutes away. Head for the Tesco Express shop at the station for food – and a bargain priced bottle of wine.
Our advance saver deal was under UKP180 a night – so great value.
To conclude: A modern, well equipped and run hotel right in the heart of the action. Worth paying more for a Westminster Road view.
Ian McIntosh is Australia’s Senior Traveller

Room Tip: ask for a room with a Westminster Road view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ianmcintosh
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear ianmcintosh,

Thank you for your detailed review. As an avid traveller we know you have great expectations and we are delighted to have met them all, from check in, with a complimentary upgrade (we’re always pleased to do so when occupancy allows) to a spacious studio room, to our great hospitality throughout the hotel. We are delighted to have provided a great experience for you.

Thank you for your review and recommendation.

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

I 100% recommend this hotel! It's by far one of the best one I've stayed in. Service was excellent. The rooms were extremely clean. Staff were really friendly and welcoming and the beds were extremely comfortable. I had an excellent view of Big Ben from my room, and even though we were facing the main road we couldn't hear traffic at all.
All you can eat breakfast was impressive too! Great selection to choose from.
The hotel is located really close to attractions such as Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, London Eye, London Aquarium, the South Bank and Downing Stret etc! All of which take less than 5 minutes to walk to!
My stay couldn't have been any more perfect!
Definitely going to stay here again!
If anyone is reading these reviews in order to make a decision about staying here or not in future - I highly recommend you book here! Fantastic hotel!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Wow, what a review for us, thank you Juanybear, we are thrilled you enjoyed a fabulous stay with us and our friendly and welcoming team.

It’s truly a tonic when we see that we have provided a perfect stay.

I have shared your review with the entire team and we thank you for your comments and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I have just stayed at the Plaza hotel 14th-16th Feb for 2 nights with my husband for his birthday and our anniversary. We had a quick check in and we were upgraded to a suite, which was amazing. The hotel was clean and the staff were very helpful. The room was spacious and we had a living room area with a separate TV which was nice. The room was on the 12th floor, the lift takes you direct to the spa which was great so we could go down in our robes direct from our room. The pool was lovely and warm, the steam room and sauna were small but still good. The hotel was very close to the London Eye, about 2 minute walk, there was a bus stop outside the hotel, BUS 12 takes you direct to Oxford Circus in less than 10 minutes. The tube station is about 5 minutes walk away. Taxi to Leicester Square costs around £10. Continental breakfast was included in our stay, but we took the option to upgrade to full English breakfast for an extra £4. The hotel is highly recommended and I would definitely return.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1260 which had a window but not a view of Big Ben, ask for a room with a view of B...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

WOW indeed, thank YOU Kate S for your amazing review! We are thrilled to have provided such a great anniversary experience for your both.

Thank you for your review and recommendation and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.