“Excellent location for walking to sites.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
Ranked #193 of 1,086 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Fenton, Michigan
“Excellent location for walking to sites.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

My husband and I could not have been happier with the location of this hotel for our short, three day stay in London, as the hotel is approximately 500 feet from the Westminster Bridge. Located on the other side of the bride is the government district and all of the sight seeing we could possibly experience in three days. A 5-10 minute walk to the House of Parliament, 10 Downing Street, William, Kate and Harry's living quarters, Eye of London, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, The Aquarium, Churchill Museum, West End Theater District and the Princess Diana of Wales Memorial Walk Way. Check-in and our interaction with hotel staff was pleasant. We always received warm greetings as we came and went front the hotel. Our room was very small, but efficient, modern and very clean. We did not have an outside view, which was disappointing, as we could have had views of some of the above mentioned sites, including Big Ben. For the limited amount of time we spent in the room, it was quite nice. Breakfast was your basic breakfast buffet and came with our hotel package. We did not eat other meals at the hotel as we wanted to experience British "pub food". My husband was happier with the breakfast buffet than I, but more critical of the size of the room and the lack of view. But what a great location!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an outside view, preferably looking out over the Westminster Bridge and specify...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear ProfJ_1298,

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to London.

My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed our amazing iconic location, one of our comfy rooms and our hospitality.

As you can imagine with over 1,000 bedrooms not all of them can boast that great iconic view, therefore, we encourage our guest to review our room types on the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge website prior to making a booking to ensure they are not disappointed. For your next visit you will need to select a Studio or higher category bedroom.

I do hope there will be a next booking and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,268)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

When me and my boyfriend travelled to London for the first time we booked in with this hotel. We were going for two nights and the hotel was a little pricey but we assumed this is normal for a capital (which it is if you want a great hotel). We travelled down on a coach and when we arrived at Victoria coach station we called down a black cab and we drive to our hotel (black cabs are very expensive!!). The drive wasn't that far and was quite expensive but we just wanted to get in the hotel with out suitcases in tow. The drive was spectacular seeing a lot of tourist attractions on our way. When we arrived we couldn't believe the location of the hotel, across the bridge and opposite to Big Ben! The service was quick and before we knew it we were in the room. The room was stunning and just like the pictures on the website, it looked crisp and clean. We didn't have much of a view but we didn't mind. We stayed near to the hotel on the evening for dinner. The next day we walked to some of the tourist attractions which was easy as they flow in a path from one to the next it's a lovely walk, I would recommend. We have been on the London eye and to madam tussauds which were both amazing experiences. We travelled around a lot on the tube which was convenient as there are plenty of lines and stops plus it was only £6 for a all day pass for the centre zone (which is really all you need). We didn't pay for breakfast at the hotel as it was £17 ish pound each per day so we just found a cafe close which was easy to find and we didn't use the spa even though we should have. The staff were helpful and let you keep your suitcase in the hotel once checking out if you want to leave later on in the day. Overall, the hotel was amazing and in a perfect location and even though it is a little pricey I would definitely come back to this hotel (it's worth the money) and there was nothing to complain about or that I would change. London was great!!

Room Tip: If you want a view make sure you request as our room had a bad one.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your amazing 5 star review for our hotel (and London!) Charlotte B and for choosing our hotel for your first visit to London...how exciting!!

Sounds like you had a blast! And with our great iconic location you couldn’t have picked a better spot!

I do hope you’ll be back again soon when London calls so don’t forget we offer the Best Online Rate Guaranteed, subject to terms and conditions, so do register to receive our newsletter via the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge website.

See you soon!

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

My lovely friend bride to be booked the presidential suite for her hen do.
We ordered for nespresso coffee capsules from room service.
The staff bring decaf which we did not ask for (honest mistake which is ok)
We politely ask the lady to bring normal coffee and ask her to take a photo of the group.
She starts walking backwards and says no she is too busy.
WHO IS TOO BUSY TO TAKE PHOTO OF A HEN PARTY?!?!?!?
We call room service again, to ask for coffee and they say (this is a direct quote)
"we have other priorities" THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE AT ALL. ESP FOR PAYING FOR SUCH AN EXPENSIVE ROOM IN THE PRESIDENTIAL SUITE.
BAD EXPERIENCE.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank Yuka4588
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Yuka4588,

I am of course very disappointed and sorry to read your review.

I have identified your booking and investigated what happened. Thank you for your understanding with regards to the error of being brought decaffeinated coffee, my apologies for this.

Regarding the request to take a picture of your group, unfortunately there was a misunderstanding of what was required due to the number of guests in the room and the communication during the party atmosphere. Having spoken to the employee concerned the Room attendant was uncomfortable with the situation and the time and did not digest the request, however, she would like to be associated with my sincere apologies for the disappointment caused.

I am sorry this had a negative impact on your stay with us and would like to assure you and other guests this is certainly not the norm as we have hosted a number of hen parties with great success and without incident.

Your call was received by our Guest Services Manager and she was very apologetic and assured you your request was receiving top priority attention, however, you insisted you required coffee sachets and declined our offer fresh filtered coffee from Room Service as a goodwill gesture.

Once again, my apologies that you did not enjoy your stay with us and I hope we’ll have the opportunity to provide a stay commensurate with Park Plaza Westminster Bridge.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

The Park Plaza is a nicely appointed venue near the Palace of Westminster. The architect as worked hard to afford guest a stunning view of the clock tower of the Houses of Parliament from the reception and bar area. The hotel is easy enough to travel too, Waterloo is a 5 minute walk and taxi's ten a penny.

The rooms are lovely, beds firm but hugging, and all the equipment you need to have a pleasant stay... i.e. good toiletries, iron and iron board, good TV fast and free internet, spacious seating area, well stocked and reasonably priced mini bar etc.

Staff are all very helpful and well trained.

Breakfast is a bit chaotic, and extremely busy, one of the days I ended up eating off my lap as the overworked staff member had run out of tables (not to manager, can you sort this)

I ate one evening in the restaurant and the food was expensive and pretty terrible, my steak was like cold hard leather. Avoid cocktail at this place also, they have no idea how to mix.

Overall, I would stay again, and would recommend, but for accommodation only.

Room Tip: There are a few nice places to eat within a short walk from the hotel, I would venture out for dinne...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JamesSharpe
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you for your review JamesSharpe and I’m pleased there were aspect to your stay that you enjoyed.

I’m sorry to note your poor dining and Primo bar experience, with recent great reviews in both these areas it’s disappointing that you did not experience the same. I have shared your comments with my appropriate departmental heads.

Glad you had an overall good stay and that you would return and thank you for recommendation.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

On the 10th May my self and wife were invited to a dinner function at the Houses of Parliament, so I made a reservation via lastminiute.com website and paid my £200 for the night , we were looking for somewhere close and a bit special. Upon arrival we drove up and not knowing where to go saw a man in a bowler ha the walked towards us, then ignored us and walked off. We eventually got parked. Now onto reception, we queued we got seen and gave my details to the lady, she asked for my passport when asked why she asked if I was English . Got to our room the view is into other peoples rooms. Went to the cafe for a bit of cake and coffee took ten minutes for someone to tell us take a seat, looked at the menu and choose what we wanted another ten minutes went by, eventually after walking up to the bar did a waitress come over, started to order the food told that the menu was an old one so could not order food from there was offered some chocolate cake, which was very stodgy and not as fresh as I would have liked . Went back to room, got a phone call from the reception asking who I was told them was then told I was in the wrong room and would need to move (we are now trying to get ready for the function at the Houses of Parliament ) they had mixed up the reservation with similar names. Told them not by fault and would not change rooms as we had to be somewhere at 4pm, was told they would call back in 5 mins, said that was not acceptable they said call back in 3 mins. Now a knock on the door with a load of bags for someone else. We are now running very late. Reception call back and tell me that I should be in another hotel somewhere in Victoria I say no, they say I am wrong I should be at the Victoria hotel. I tell them my reservation number etc they say that I am in the right hotel and will need to come to reception to sort this out, I refuse as now late for the function at the Houses of Parliament . After the function I go to reception have been told all is sorted, have a breakfast and will all be sorted out in the morning. One very sleepless night. The breakfast is £21.00 each not sure if I have to pay that or settle that on booking out. Went and asked to speak to the manager, was shown to a desk and spoke to a lady who listened to the above and said that as I had paid they could not do anything today, but it would be discussed with the manager the next day and they would contact me to let me know what they were going to do about this. Was given a breakfast , no eggs very dried and burnt bacon, had to wait ten minutes to get some toast as it as do it your self and this cost £200 better value from the travel lodge. So far we have heard nothing, I sent an email to the lady who took my complaint nothing heard from her either. I gave them a chance so I have written this in the hope other people will really look into this hotel and save there money and go elsewhere. I have never felt so embarrassed

Room Tip: Go else where
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rob T
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Following your correspondence with our General Manager, we are of course disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Starting initially with the misunderstanding of your booking as you were checking in under your middle name, therefore it appeared as if you did not have a booking with us.

However, your subsequent concerns and our oversight in not contacting you is a matter that has been duly addressed as promised in our earlier communication.

We continue to do our utmost to resolve any concerns of our guest whilst with us and I am sorry that we were not able to do this prior to your departure.

Assuring you of best attention at all times.

Franklin, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Normally I stay in 2 or 3 star hotels but this 4 star hotel was in a very nice location just minutes from Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, and Buckingham Palace. The room was spacious and I liked that it had a refrigerator albeit small but it came in handy. Loved the service and they even surprised us with a little anniversary dessert that was excellent. They also upgraded the room for us knowing it was our wedding anniversary. I really recommend this hotel and would definitely stay at the Park Plaza Westminster again.

Room Tip: Location is important and sometimes it makes sense to spend more to be just walking distance to th...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear howcol,

Thank you for your review and recommendation. We’re pleased to have provided a great experience for your special stay with a complimentary upgrade, we’re always pleased to do so when occupancy allows.

I hope we can welcome you back for another great stay on your next visit to London.

paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

This hotel was very nice: impressive lobby, nice large room with a living room area separated from the bed area. High level of equipment and comfort.

The view from my room was not exceptional, but I could not complain since I got a very good rate.

The location is exceptional for those who want to visit London (a few minutes walk from the Thames, Westminster, etc.).
One complain: the indoor pool closes at 10PM, with is definitively too early…

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review manywhere, we’re pleased you enjoyed one of our comfy rooms.

For your next visit you will need to select a Studio Iconic view or 1 bedroom suite iconic view room to enjoy one of our many rooms with a view. Please do visit the Park Plaza Westminster website for a full listing of our room types and views and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.