“Saved My Vacation”

Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
Ranked #189 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 June 2014

To make a long story short, I traveled from the US for a week in London, and despite many prior successful apartment rentals, my friends and I had one of those horrific experiences where we could not stay in the place we paid a lot of $$$ for.

Fast forward me frantically trying to find a place with running water... and I knew about the Park Plaza from a previous trip. Booked a room that could sleep 4 (I have to admit we were nervous if it could really sleep 4), and we headed over.

Walking in the front door was like a breath of fresh air. I can't quite describe the feeling we got as we erased the hellish night from before with the lobby decor. The room was just as good. A pull out couch with a TV in its own alcove, nice bathroom (running water!!) and a great bed with a second TV. It's exactly what we needed. The bar area was great too since we expected to have a full kitchen at our apartment, we were glad to have a sink and glasses for wine etc.

We had breakfast every morning at the hotel (got a deal for this). It was a nice selection though I am not sure if I would pay extra for it. The location was great as well, although it is definitely in the more touristy parts of London. The Westminster tube station is just down the street and you get a really iconic view of the London Eye as you walk over to it, so perhaps there is something to be said about staying in the touristy parts of the city.

I also really appreciated the extra plugs for US adaptors, saved us from having to share our one converter. I would stay here again for sure, although I am still hoping to redeem our apartment rental experience in London, so maybe on my shorter visits, as it is a pit pricey.

I would recommend staying here on first visits to London. It is perfect for the first-time traveler.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thanks for your review StellaCO and I’m pleased we were able to salvage your trip for you with one of our spacious, well equipped and comfy rooms.

Now you know where we are I hope we’ll be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Remember, we offer the Best Rate Online Guaranteed, subject to terms and conditions, so do register via the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge website to receive our newsletter with great offers and promotions.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is a beautifully designed modern hotel adjacent County Hall and opposite the Palace of Westminster. Travel connections are obviously brilliant with both Waterloo and Westminster stations just a couple of minutes away.

Check-in was a bit slower than I would have expected, although there seemed to be plenty of staff. I took advantage of the room upgrade and it was definitely worth it. We stayed in room 723, a suite with a superb uninterrupted view across the river to the Palace of Westminster. It has plenty of room and was attractively decorated with a contemporary feel. There was a dining table, sofa-bed, chairs, desk and table, as well as a sink, microwave, Nespresso machine and plenty of cutlery and crockery. It felt very comfortable and I thought as a treat it was worth the extra. There is also an internet enabled TV in both the living and bedrooms. The sound insulation was also superb, making for a very peaceful night.

We had breakfast included, and you can take it in your room providing you hang your order on the door by 2am. It arrived dead on time and was excellent both days. It was great to eat breakfast in peace with a superb view. Late night room service was also excellent.

The Primo bar on the lounge level has plenty of live acts and if you like afternoon tea the 1WB lounge does a great job. We enjoyed the leisure complex each morning, which was both very relaxing and quiet. You'll find this in the basement of the hotel and is a superb little retreat included in the cost of your stay.

Let's be clear - this hotel is not cheap. You pay for the location, the view, and the quality. But as a bit of a treat for a couple of days in London it was a superb choice and I'd love to go back. I have very little to fault about the hotel and when I get some more cash together I'll be back for sure. Top class.

Room Tip: If you're on a short break, go for an upgrade to a suite - it's worth it!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Lambsie_the_Wanderer,

Thank you for your detailed review, we’re thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope you’ll get a chance to wander over again on one of your future travels. Don’t forget we offer the Best Online Rate Guaranteed, subject to terms and conditions, so do sign-up via the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge website to receive our newsletter with great offers and promotions.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Chose this hotel for its proximity to all central attractions. Fantastic views of Big Ben, Westminster Bridge and The Shard. Less than 5 minutes to the London Eye and the South Bank.
All staff extremely courteous, helpful and made you feel welcome. We upgraded to the Executive Lounge and were very impressed with its amenities, lovely to sit in the sun with a comfy chair to watch the world go by outside and enjoy afternoon tea or some canapés before going out to the theatre. Will definitely return.
Valet parking recommended and again valet staff courteous and addressed you by name each time .

Room Tip: Disability access room was excellent, especially good if you use a wheelchair.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for adding another 5 star review for our hotel lynn3198, we're thrilled you enjoyed our great iconic location and our friendly and helpful team.

Glad that you’ll be returning to us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We spent 3 nights at this hotel and we think it is excellent. The rooms are lovely. It is clean. The staff are well trained and helpful. We had a complicated reservation and the staff sorted it out beautifully. The location is superb. Nearby are the metro, bus stop, post office, and restaurants. I recommend a room with a view of the Thames if you can manage that. We also stayed at this hotel 1 year ago and also found it excellent at that time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Great to have you with us again DAD/BOB, thank you for your review and continued loyalty.

I hope we can continue to welcome you on your visits to London.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We took our 4yr old boy and 2yr old girl to Park Plaza Westminster for his 5th birthday as he had never been to london, this hotel was recommended by a friend who works in london at said it was a great family friendly hotel. We had a suite which had a separate bedroom for the children so when they went to bed we ordered room service which was fantastic. The suite was amazing with great views over London and Big Ben. The hotel is very classy and clean and loads going on fir everyone. Our overall impression of park plaza Westminster is this is a fantastic hotel great for families and although it is quite expensive I am I firm believer you get what you pay for we are already planning to go back in December.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review Chas B, we're thrilled you we’re pleased with your friend’s recommendation and thank you for your own recommendation with your review.

We’re delighted we provided such a great birthday treat for your son and your whole family and we look forward to welcoming you back in December.

Don’t forget we offer the Best Online Rate Guaranteed, subject to terms and conditions, so do sign-up via the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge website to receive our newsletter with great special offers and promotions.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hotel has a great location- right off the Westminster bridge, across from Ben and next to the Eye. It's large, crowded and impersonal. There are lines for breakfast and it seems busier than needs be, it is a business hotel so keep that in mind.

However our room had a great view, we loved the beautiful pool after a day on your feet. The surrounding restaurants were good quality and diverse. So if you want to splurge and don't need personal touches it may be perfect. We enjoyed it for the first part of our England journey.

Room Tip: View of Big Ben
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review Triangletravel and I am pleased to note there were aspects of your stay you enjoyed, however, of course disappointed our hotel was not to your liking.

We are a large hotel and as a team we pride ourselves on delivering great personal service, I am sorry if this was not the case for your visit and I hope we’ll have the opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The staff were so friendly and helpful. My daughter had her 10th Birthday here. A cake and card were sent to our room, which was a lovely touch and made the stay all that more special.
We normally do not stay in these large sort of hotels, but for a special occasion it was great, especially having a pool and great Location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jane C

Thanks for your review Jane C, glad your daughter enjoyed her special stay with us and the treats!

I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.