“Fiasco with this hotel and HotelsClick.com”

Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
Ranked #198 of 1,063 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
NY
“Fiasco with this hotel and HotelsClick.com”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I wanted to advise everyone who has already booked a room here (if you're still planning to stay here) to make sure they reconfirm their reservation directly with the hotel before arriving.

I called the morning I was checking in to make sure everything was fine, and the front desk had no record of my reservation despite my spelling out my name 5 times. They then forwarded me to their Reservations department, who also had no record of me. I told them I had an emailed confirmation from hotelsclick.com, and they said that was basically worthless because they didn't have my reservation on their side (in other words, my forwarding this email from hotelsclick.com to them would be pointless.) They said I had to contact hotelsclick. Of course, I call and email hotelsclick. No one answers the phone, and I would end up getting an emailed reply 3-4 days later from hotelsclick. Without question, I am never using them again.

In desperation, I call the hotel again and have to demand to speak with the Reservations Manager. She is able to pull up my reservation. At this point, I am practically screaming asking why two separate people at the hotel couldn't do it at all, and she just apologizes and apologizes. I ask her to please look into this and make sure that when I check in there is no issue. I specifically ask her to go tell the front desk now about my reservation.

Of course, I go to check in a few hours later, and the front desk has no record of my reservation. I was livid. They want to know who I spoke to, who told me that I *did* have a reservation, etc. I really thought I was going to have a heart attack. Fortunately, I had written down the hotel room reservation number somewhere and gave that to the clerk, but if I didn't have that, I probably would have gone elsewhere. It's horribly annoying showing up at a hotel having to hear they have no record of you. More importantly, no one at the hotel seemed to be the least bit concerned about how this issue could potentially be affecting other customers.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank uluvbs
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear uluvbs,

I am of course very disappointed to read your review.

As per my message dated 7 June 2014, please do let me have your details so I may investigate and respond accordingly.

Thank you.
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,315)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The Park Plaza Westminster Bridge Hotel is a large hotel, well located at the eastern end of Westminster Bridge. The hotel is large, and the foyer has plenty of hustle and bustle about it, but once up to my room I found it pretty quiet. My room was reasonably well sized and equipped, clean, and had a large bathroom containing a shower and separate bath. It looked 'out' into the atrium, but as I was only there at night and hence had the curtains closed that was not a problem. The buffet breakfast had al you could need (although the coffee could have been better), and access to free Wifi was available.

Overall, if you want a well located, comfortable hotel near Westminster Bridge and Waterloo station, you could do a lot worse than stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Thank you for your review 007Sydney and recommendation of our great location and comfortable rooms.

Wilts
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was a big dissapointment. It is very dark and gloomy everywhere. Our first room was bad. It overlooked the atrium lounge and when we opened our curtains people were drinking coffee outside our windows. No natural light. We complained and moved to another room which was even worse. This room just faced onto an atrium wall and you could not see at all without putting on full room lights. We were eventually moved to the executive floor but still facing onto the atrium. With only a small amount of light. The corridors are so dark it is difficult to see the room numbers on the doors. The rooms are very clean but lacked basics. No mirror above the dressing table to do your make up and terrible lighting so you ended going out looking like aunt sally!! Breakfast very busy. Ended up waiting 30 mins for cold eggs and waffles. We went to the bar for drinks and the only free table needed clearing from customers before. The waitress cleared away and used the previous customers dirty napkin to wipe the table with. Disgusting. Only after I told her did she go and get a spray and paper towel to clean it properly. There are many better hotels to stay in london. If you do decide to stay here make sure you do not have an atrium facing room.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank TammyWilts
Dear TammyWilts,

Thank you for your review, however, I’m sorry our hotel was not your liking.

We encourage all guests to review our room type listing on the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge website to ensure they select their preferred room type to avoid disappointment. For your next booking you will need to select a Studio or higher room category for an external facing view.

I’m sorry to read of your experience in the bar this is very usual and unheard of. I have shared your comments with our Food and Beverage Director and we shall be speaking with the team to ensure this practice does not happen.

Thank you for your feedback.

Motherwell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This was the second time that I stayed at this hotel and I must say it was much better the second time round. As I was staying on business both times my reservation and consent forms had been sent through to the hotel but the first time they claim they never received it.

This meant that I had a very irate hour or so trying to get the forms faxed back through to them. However on this occasion, much better! It went by with ease!

The rooms are just fantastic. Very spacious, beds are extremely comfy and just overall a really lovely hotel. it is right next to all the tourist places such as Parliament, the London Eye etc. Great hotel, lovely staff :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank DYoung28
Amazing review, thank you DYoung28, great to have you with us again and delighted you experienced a better check in experience.

I hope we’ll be able to welcome you back again soon.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The Hotel's location is very near the places of interest in London and a walk along the Queen's Walk will allow to reach all icons of the city including the Parliament House, Big Ben, London Eye, The Trafalgar Square, Tower Bridge, Buckingham Palace, St Paul's Cathedral and many others. It is very near the Waterloo Train Station and Westminster Station for travel outside the city and the tube. We booked the Iconic View room which gives you unobstructed view of the Parliament House and the Big Ben. Breakfast at Brasserie Joël was good enough. Hotel security needs to be improved specially in guest access to the rooms.
I would recommend this hotel for first timers in London who wants to have a walking tour of the city.

Room Tip: Book the Iconic View rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Joel D,

Thank you for your review, we’re pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and our amazing iconic views and great transportation links to the city.

I am of course concerned about your comment regarding security, as per my message dated 19 June 2014, please do let me have the details of what your concerns are.

Thank you for recommendation.

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed here one night at the end of a tour. Reservations were completed and keys ready upon our arrival. The room was an inner one overlooking an atrium. It was a single room with two single beds. The bed was comfortable and the quilt was not too hot. The room was quite spacious and was air conditioned. In the bathroom was a bath and a separate shower. The hotel is only a short distance to several of the local sights such as Big Ben, The London Eye and the Thames. It is definitely a hotel that I will stay at if I return to London.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ray F
Thank you for your review and recommendation Ray F, we are delighted you enjoyed one of our comfy rooms and our great location.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Was here in January for business and loved it. Came back in May for pleasure and enjoyed it even more!! Great location, modern, comfortable, well-appointed rooms with great bathrooms and comfy beds. Customer service was great and it's the best breakfast in town! They have a great bar/lounge that serves coffee/tapas during the day with live music in the evenings. Prices are very reasonable, especially for the quality of the hotel. This was our third hotel during our trip and it was the most restful and most fun. Also appreciated the numerous tv channel options, which has not been common during our trip (after a long day of sight-seeing we enjoy lounging about with a cocktail before we go out again).

Within walking distance to many tourist attractions, restaurants and bars. They also have two fantastic restaurants in the event you would like to stay in one night. I can honestly say that this is one of my favorite hotels (and I travel a lot for work and pleasure) and I recommend to everybody.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Greta V,

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel for your leisure stay.

We’re delighted you continue to enjoy our hospitality and hope you’ll be returning to us soon.

Thank you for your recommendation.