“Excellent Service at Breakfast”

Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
Ranked #204 of 1,063 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
“Excellent Service at Breakfast”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The hotel is good, I had a real good experience at breakfast today, the waiting staff especially Zenaida was excellent, making sure that I was offered food that wasnt on the menu and she constantly made sure I was being taken care of and all that with a smile.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thanks for your review Murtuza A and for sharing your great breakfast experience and for your kind words for Zenaida.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,313)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Oconomowoc, WI
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This hotel was booked through a tour group so we didn't expect much. What a surprise!
The location was fantastic----Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, The Eye, and many other sites all close by.
The studio room was far beyond expectations. The sitting room turned into a separate bedroom for our granddaughter with it's own large TV. She loved having her own space. With a large bathroom separating the 2 sleeping areas, this would do well for 2 couples.

The buffet breakfast was one of the best we have encountered in all of our travels. The restaurant, Joel, was also excellent, with a host at the desk who was most helpful when plans changed.

My only negative comment is that storage was at a minimum with a small closet and 2 small drawers.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review Paytons, we are pleased you were pleasantly surprise that we were able to offer you great value for your tour group stay.

Our Studio category rooms are great for families, and if you’re a large family then our 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom suites could be ideal.

Delighted to read you enjoyed a great breakfast experience as well..

Thank you for your recommendation and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you all back for another great stay.

Mumbai
Reviewed 29 June 2014

If there was a rating more than 5 I would definitely give this property . This hotel has 1000+ rooms but I am amazed the way they run the hotel . Excellent staff , quick check in/ check out , smiling and friendly . I have travelled all over the world but this is the first hotel with so many rooms yet top class service . When the rooms are these many the service levels are horrible and the staff is over stretched

Firstly the location of this property is a killer ,. I shortlisted this one on the basis of reviews on tripadvisor and that was a great help . Bang in the heart of hearts of London , what more can you expect . Walking distance to Big Ben , London Eye , Westminster Abbey and little ahead to Trafalgar and Picadilly . All the major buses pass through here so if you have a oyster pass you can travel anywhere, . We had booked for a Mamma Mia show the evening we reached and the theater district is just 15 minutes away by bus . Just opposite the there is a grocery store A.P.Foods which stocks everything from biscuits to sodas to liquor which was a great help as we did not have breakfast in the rate . Though it is not cheap I guess if you book well in advance one can get a better rate which I think I got . Ironically I could get a booking to this hotel through booking.com when the hotel site showed that rooms were not available for my dates .

I booked a studio room which is a large room good enough for 2 adults and 2 kids . I reached the hotel a little before the check in time but the room was ready . Miss Kong checked us in and was very quick and we go tin our room Had requested for a higher floor room and got one on the 11th floor . We had a partial view of the Eye . Clean rooms , spacious beds and nice large windows . Housekeeping was excellent (though they forgot keeping coffee) .

The concierge staff was par excellence , to specifically mention Jose who was my tour guide . He lucidly explained the bus systems and major areas and that was it . It was so clear that I could blindly move around . Thanks Jose for your great directional help . The other concierge was Anto was also helpful . They have a large business center to print and internet surfing .

On check out Sujith was excellent in quickly settling the bill .I spoke to the Front Office Manager Garrick and congratulated him and would like to again complement him through here for the great work they are doing

So all in all , I would highly recommend this property and if someone if going for the first time to London this is the best place to stay in terms of getting around the city and major attractions . If I plan to come again then surely this is the place I would stay .

Thanks again to the hotel and team for making my visit to London a comfortable and a memorable one

Room Tip: If you have a family of 3 of 4 best to book the studio rooms . Even if a couple I would recommend st...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Parvin T,

Where do I start?! Thank you very much for your gracious detailed review and for highlighting individual members of our team for demonstrating their passion for delivering great customer service and for making your stay and experience with us that much more special and memorable.

Thank you for your recommendation and I hope we will be able to welcome you back for another amazing stay in the near future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I Have stayed here three times now and each time its a fantastic experience. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and most have really good views. We could see the London eye. Its situated close to trains and taxis are outside the hotel. Very close to central London and within walking distance of numerous attractions. Our room was spacious and clean and lovely. The restaurant has lovely food and the bar friendly and relaxed.
We paid extra for the executive lounge which was worth it as we had breakkie there each morning and evening drinks.

Room Tip: Loved the views especially overlooking the thames so would request that view. I think you have to pa...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review Aussiechrissy and for your continued loyalty.

The Executive Lounge is certainly great value, for just £33 inc vat per night (single occupancy), or £49 inc vat per night (double occupancy) and you’ve mentioned you can enjoy breakfast, afternoon tea and cocktails and canapés in the evening.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

what can I say, its a top quality hotel. Excellent location. Friendly staff, top notch rooms. A visit to the Japanese restaurant is a must - quality food and excellent service. Sushi and sake are a must- even for a first timer like me. I was here on business and will definitely be back again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank anto r
We look forward to welcoming you back anto r, thank you for your review and recommendation.

Singapore
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

The location is excellent! Walking distance to Big Ben, London Eye!

It was usu a headache to get a room for our 2 adults and 2 kids at a reasonable rate. Although this place isn't exactly cheap, it's decent cost to accommodate all 4 of us.

We had an upgrade to the london eye facing room. Well, the london eye is blocked by the County Hall and not quite the photographer standard. It's nice nonetheless.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank GreenieSingapore
Great to have you and your family with us GreenieSingapore, thank you for your review and recommendation.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Good morning
I always come here park plaza westminter bridge london
I want to appreciate three of your employed working in the resturant for breakfast
Mr zenaida
Ms salome
Ms adesegun
They are one of the best they really always make my breakfast well
Thanks
Best regard
Binjahlan

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Datu Bandar B
Dear Datu Bandar B,

Thank you for your review, what a pleasure to read and thank you for recognising Zenaida, Salome and Adesegun for their outstanding service.

Thank you for your continued loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.