“Convenient Location”

Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
Ranked #184 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge Hotel, London last month for an international conference. The Hotel is located on the South Bank of Westminster Bridge facing the Parliament and Big Ben. Its location is within short walking distance and convenient to Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, the Parliament, London Eye, Trafalgar Square and many other tourist attractions. It is also within minute walk to Waterloo and Westminster tube stations.

However, the room of the Hotel is disappointing. The Hotel is situated in a circular-shaped structure, and the rooms are lined up into four roughly parallel wings inside the circular building, with enclosed veranda in-between the wings. Therefore, most of the rooms have no outside windows. The room I had is on the second floor, and therefore the only windows I had was facing the veranda walkway. The size of the room is OK by European standards, but the bathroom is very small.

Check-in and out services are efficient. But the internet connection is bad. I had trouble log-in after I checked in. It took the Hotel one-hour to find out that the system was down, wasting me all the time trying to get connected. Wifi signal was also weak in the room, making the connection slow.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thank you for your review VTK, I’m pleased you enjoyed an efficient check in and check out experience, however I am sorry to note our hotel was not to your liking.

We encourage guests to review our room types prior to booking to ensure they select their preferred option. Our entry level rooms, Superior rooms, do not have an external facing view. For your next visit you will need to select a Studio or higher room category for an external view.

Sorry about the wifi and not being duly informed there was a system issue and I hope we can welcome you back in the near future to enjoy an improved service.

There are newer reviews for Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed for 3 nights in late June. This is a big hotel (it can feel quite busy), overall modern, nice, with good breakfast and all the ameninites you can expect. However I ended up getting a interior room, in a lower floor, next to the corner. There was a very small window which faced a concrete wall meaning the room was dark and somber with no natural light whatsoever. I understand there are many other interior rooms but the ones that aren't in the corners should have more light. I asked to change rooms (to another interior one) and they said it wouldn't be possible. For sure this is a good hotel but I see no point in paying what you pay when chances are you may end up in such a depressing room. It's a shame. Staff feels professional yet ice-cold.

Room Tip: Beware of interior rooms next to the corners!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Hugo L
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear halopes,

Thank you for your review, however I’m sorry our hotel was not to your liking.

As you can imagine with over 1,000 bedrooms not all rooms face that great amazing view.

As a seasoned traveller I can see you review many hotels, therefore we encourage all guests to review our room types on the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge website prior to booking to ensure they select their preferred room type to avoid disappointment. For your next visit you will need to select a Studio or higher room category for an external facing view.

I hope we’ll be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Excellent location near Big Ben, Westminster Bridge, The Eye, transportation, and a beautiful walking area along the River Thames. Near to good resataurants too! Clean, friendly staff, excellent buffet breakfast, and a good selection of lounge areas and food..all with a very upscale appearance. Would stay there anytime in London!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Terrific review, thanks Larry B, we’d welcome you back anytime!

I hope it will be soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed as a family bar staying in the house of commons garden or in the belfry of big ben you can't or won't stay closer to either and if you are it is a cardboard box it is a gem but you must also book the executive lounge otherwise you will have missed a surprise. Its not that its not free but It is worth it afternoon tea to Canapés in the evening , but it is breakfast that you will appreciate more looking out from the lounge onto big ben and hearing the chimes will bring back memories of those most talented news readers of time passed great memories as a child once news at at Ten and those famous soothing words and finally. ... usually a titter or a tear bust most of all good night and bed great place great memories enjoy .

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear brenno27,

Thank you for posting your review and for adding another 5* review for our hotel.

It sounds as if you truly enjoyed your trip down memory lane as you visited with us, the HoP and the Southbank.

I’m pleased we could contribute by way of the Executive lounge, truly is great value with breakfast, afternoon tea and cocktail and canapés in the evening.

Did you know you can enjoy afternoon tea in the Executive lounge even if you’re not a guest?! Just call us 0844 415 6790 to reserve a table.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

On June 26 I arrived to the hotel at about 9:30am because our flight came in at 6:30am. So the front desk told me that my room was not ready..They told me that they will call me when the room would be available. I waited and visit sights and waited I pop back to the hotel at about 12:30 pm. I continued to wait. Something told me to go ask if my room was available and it was. I said how come nobody called me. I am traveling with a child and she is also tired and cranky. The room was okay, the service okay, it was just okay.. But they need to accommodate more for people that have children. Also the light for the room that box is a bit old fashion and that crazy remote control. Then we went sight seeing early in the morning the next day only to come back at 2pm and our room is still not clean. This is depressing.. I have a child and she wanted to lie down. wow... I stayed at hotels less expensive than this one and the service was impeccable and I had a view. This is ridiculous. The housekeeping staff I can tell is overworked, they were nice. Room service was also nice and prompt. The front desk however needs work. They act like we have a blueprint to the hotel and we know where to go. I knew that the hotel have a pool but where. They were terrible. I guess if you don't have a million dollars to spare you will not get friendly people talking to you. Our view was facing a courtyard wall. Wow what a view.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Carla E
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Carle E,

Thank you for your review however, I am sorry to note you did not enjoy your stay with us.

My apologies for the lapse in service regarding the text, we have reviewed the system and it does appear that there was a system error, hence you not receiving the text.

I am sorry we did not actively assist you with directions and I have shared your comments with our Reception Manager.

As you can imagine with over 1,000 bedrooms, not all have that amazing iconic view, for your next visit you will need to select Studio iconic view or One bedroom iconic view.

I hope we’ll be able to redeem ourselves in the near future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My stay was a family holiday of 4 nights.I have stayed in this hotel before and it delivers beyond expectation. Firstly the location is perfect if moving around the city either walking or using Waterloo or Westminster stations.
The service throughout the hotel is consistent and seamless. Room service was prompt. The tuna nicoise is the best I have had anywhere.
Our room was 15th floor 1 bedroom suite with a terrace. It was large lounge with kitchen area which I used more than I expected.
I understood our suite would be a Westminster facing view and was disappointed to be above a building site with the accompanying noise.
Apart from this I would thoroughly recommend this very professionally managed hotel and look forward to my next visit.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alexandrina

Thank you for your review Alexandrina and for adding another 5* review for our hotel, my team and I are delighted you enjoyed our great location and complimentary hospitality.

Glad you enjoyed the 1 bedroom suite and terrace, please note for your next visit the room type must state iconic view.

Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Our 5th time there and it is always the same - clean, organised and great service. Room service amazing. Concierge excellent too. The only slight criticism is the price of the drinks in the bar. Really expensive - even for London. If you get a room looking over Houses of Parliament it's perfect!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your review and recommendation Deanowoo.