“Fantastic Location”

Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
Ranked #183 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Located strategically at the Thames River bank. Just few steps to London Eye, Westminster, Big Ben and Waterloo station.

Front desk staff were not too friendly, may be we are ASIAN.

Nevertheless, the Concierge staff were helpful and fantastic.

Breakfast buffet is good enough with lots of variety.

Overall it is value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear SemanthaChong,

Thank you for your review, however I must address your comment regarding alleged discrimination.

I would like to assure you that none of our team members are discriminatory in any way. We pride ourselves on welcoming all our guests, this is our business and it would be of no advantage to us to discriminate in any way. I am sorry that the welcome was not our usual warm welcome and I have shared your comments with our Reception Manger as this is not the impression we want any of our guests to have.

I am pleased that our Concierge team proved helpful and assisted you.

I’m pleased you enjoyed great value for money and hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Staying at this Hotel was the Crown Jewel of our summer vacation. The second we walked in the door, weary from travel, we were made to feel so welcome, as they grabbed every stitch of luggage from our hands and whisked us speedily through checkin and then sat us down with our tour company representative. Our tour company erroneously booked us a room with two single beds, which the hotel immediately rectified. The hotel is right at the foot of Westminster Bridge with an excellent view of the London Eye and Big Ben. They have an excellent, helpful concierge staff. The rooms are spacious, modern, and very clean. Our lodging included a sumptuous daily breakfast. We will positively stay here again on our next london trip.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the view of Big Ben
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RowenaandDavid

Thank you for posting your great review for our hotel RowenaandDavid and for adding another 5* review for our hotel.

Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is a huge tourist hotel that is really conveniently located near many landmarks and attractions. If you are in town to do that, this is good choice.

This is *not* a business hotel. If you are coming to London for business, avoid this property. It is crawling with families and it does not cater to the business traveler as a default.

Also if you decide to stay here, do not pre-pay through an Amex travel etc. The front desk is a processing function, they will not upgrade you, give you options to go to a bigger room etc.

We are staying three in a studio room. Okay for a night. Not three. I understand there are bigger and better rooms, they are probably quite worth the added expense. Also go for iconic views if you can get them, lovely as I understand.

I will update my review at the end of my stay.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dave H

Thank you for your review LiveDave, I hope you had a chance to update your review.

Not sure what happened at c/in but regardless of payment type, upgrades are subject to availability and guests are not penalised as Amex users.

We encourage all guests to review our room types via the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge website, where it clearly states the various room types and room rate accordingly. As you can imagine with over 1,000 bedrooms, not all room have that amazing iconic view. For an iconic view you will need to select Studio iconic view or One Bedroom iconic view.

It is our pleasure to welcome both business travellers and leisure/families guests to our hotel, however, during half term or the summer holidays obviously there may be an increase in families visiting as they enjoy the holidays together.

Thank you.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stay at this hotel around 40-50 nights per year when visiting London, so have got to know it pretty well.

It's well located for Westminster Tube plus Waterloo tube and railway station. Close to the London Eye, The Houses of Parliament and the River Thames, so excellent if you are a tourist and wanting to be within walking distance of the West End of London (10-15 mins to Piccadilly by foot by a scenic walk).

The rooms are very comfortable and of a good size with a modern design. Beds have nice linen, bathrooms a good size with bath and shower plus decent towels. I always look to get an outside facing room, rather than atrium facing. The rooms are well insulated against outside noise, have a/c, a mini-bar, sink and tea/coffee facilties plus good TV and channels. Wi-fi is free upon registration throughout the hotel.

I've also had one of the suites on the upper floors which had amazing views of The Shard (rear view of the hotel). If you get a front facing Big Ben view it will be a special treat for your stay.

Breakfast is plentiful with a good choice for all tastes. Adesegun and Bianca in the restaurant are always helpful and give a big helpful smile and both deserve a special mention for their positive attitude and welcome for regular guests, always going the extra mile.

The hotel has a nice sushi bar, plus coffee shop. I have dined in the restaurant, where food quality was also very good. The bar can get busy, especially if there is a large conference on, it also offers entertainment on many nights.

The hotel has a pool (which is often used for mother/baby swimming lessons on weekday mornings), a sauna and steam room. There is also a gym (which I haven't used). Staff are helpful and friendly in the spa.

My only continuing niggle is the check-in process, the hotel is aware of this and has looked to try and improve the process. I think they should put a roped area in front of the desk for people to queue as often there is confusion as to which desk to approach. However, this is a minor point and should not influence your decision to stay.

I think tourists and business travellers will find the hotel very acceptable in terms of comfort, location and cost.

Room Tip: Ask for one exterior facing room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Philby37,

Thank you for your detailed review and for your continued loyalty, sound like you have enjoyed some of our different room types.

We’re pleased you found our team friendly and welcoming throughout the hotel and thank you for your kind words for Adesegun and Bianca.

Thank you for your recommendation and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Having never been to London I was a bit stumped on what location would be best. Boy am I glad I went with my gut and picked the Park Plaza. We had a tremendous view of Big Ben and the Parliament building from our room, and getting there by foot couldn't be easier.

The staff at the hotel were tremendously kind, especially the concierges who helped us secure some last minute reservations at Gordan Ramsey's restaurant Petrus. Nes and Ivo at the hotels lobby bar were terrific, very professional and personable.

I had to take a star off due to the service in the lounge area of the lobby bar was a bit slow but I chalk that up to them being understaffed while we were there. Also, the housekeepers only seemed to make the bed and drop off fresh towels but did no other picking up.

All in all, I would certainly stay at the Park Plaza the next time I visit London.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review and recommendation NYGiants4xChamps and for your kind words for Nes and Ivo.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for three nights last week. We had been here before and were impressive so we returned. The location is brilliant. There is a 5 minute walk to Waterloo or Westminster for the tube and some good tourist attractions: London Dungeons and London Eye. The rooms are clean and nicely decorated and the staff were very helpful. There are a couple of reasons that I have given 4 out of 5 instead of 5: Check-in took about 30 minutes (there was a big queue but even when we went to check-in it took ages, it should have been straight forward as we did not have any requests we just wanted our room key) and the room description was that it was a Superior room. However, this type of room is the most basic you can have in the hotel. If something is described as Superior it is meant to be a higher standard than something else (which it isn't in this example). We would not rule out staying here again in the future but as there are so many other hotels in London we would be tempted to see what we can get elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review kt1979, and for returning to us for a second visit, my apologies for the lengthy check in experience.

As you have noted, our Superior rooms are our entry level rooms. We encourage all guests to review our room types on the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge website types prior to booking to ensure they avoid disappointment.

I hope we’ll be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Great hotel, excellent placement on south side of Westminster bridge. Great views of Big Ben and the eyes check in was easy and the lady that served me was very nice. Room was lovely, we had a small suite on the 10th floor over looking being ben. Breakfast was really nice and waiters all very helpful as you would expect.

Now my niggle. I have a better shower at home. When I get in a hotel shower I want a power shower that has some grunt it should also be a fixed shower and not on a pole that you can get in B&Q, nod that when you turn it on the water shoots out here there and everywhere. This is the only reason the hotel didn't get 5 stars.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review ben2975-1, glad you enjoyed our great location and iconic views from your room.

I’m sorry to note our shower was not to your liking and thank you for your feedback.

I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.