“Great London Location”

GreenLeadersGold level
Lyndhurst, New Jersey
“Great London Location”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We arrived the day before the two day bicycle charity race. Because of its location, there were no problems navigating the area because the tube (subway) was right over the bridge. We loved this hotel for one simple reason: location. The room itself was very nice but be forewarned, if you don't specify that you want a room with a view, you may be staring at an empty courtyard. The food and drink at the little coffee shop was good and they have Italian night every night for a fixed price. The staff was pleasant and more than willing to answer your questions and help out with tours, etc. I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Make sure you reserve a room with a "VIEW."
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Loujou,

Thank you for taking the time to write following your recent visit to The Park Plaza Westminster Bridge. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our team were always available to meet your requests.

Yes you are correct, if you would like to have a room with a external view you will need to book one of our Studio rooms or higher categories as all our superior rooms are internal facing. Don’t forget we offer the Best Online Rate Guaranteed, subject to terms and conditions. Just visit the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge website for more details and also to register to receive our newsletter, and then you’ll be kept up to date with future offers and promotions.

Thank you for the recommendation, I hope we can welcome you back to the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge on your next visit to London.

Kind Regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,334)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Well.. where do I begin. I am no hotel inspector but I feel I have to comment on this hotel, the Park Plaza – Westminster Bridge. We have stayed in many hotels over the years and all the big names. It was our main year’s holiday, we booked 6 nights, 16 yr old daughter, husband and myself, as part of my husband’s 60th birthday and our wedding anniversary.

From beginning to end what excellent service we received. From arriving at the front door, concierge, to walking to check in, we have received so many hellos and smiles from the staff and this was just the beginning! From reading previous reviews, I arrived under the impression that queues for checking in seem to remain a problem. We had arrived on Tuesday lunchtime, 5th August, peak time, and there was only perhaps 2 or 3 people waiting. So perhaps another day and it may have been different but our experience was only positive. The young lady Jennifer could not have been more helpful.

We booked a 1 bedroom iconic view we were upgraded as a surprise, to the room with a terrace! ( Room 1321 ) How fantastic was this. This room was amazing, From listening to Big Ben chime to a view of the London Eye. It was huge, kitchen area, breakfast bar, to the bedroom with mini bar and fridge etc. Just awesome. The view and terrace, unbelievable! Every part of the hotel was immaculate, the staff.. what more can be said. Then came the breakfast.. this was NOT just the average breakfast. You name it, it was there. Absolute perfection. Then… came the staff, from the lovely welcoming young ladies at the entrance with the beaming smiles, ( sorry I just cannot remember all the names) to the fantastic ADE and BIANCA. This fantastic duo made our holiday breakfast. We were treated as royalty and made to feel very, very special indeed. Ade and Bianca are an ASSETT to the Park Plaza Hotel, with their passion and ‘commitment to serve’ going beyond their role description, they have a unique skill. They made our holiday. We felt and were made to feel, part of one large family! WOW!!! Thank You.

There is so much more to say, but finding the words to describe this hotel is very difficult. The whole experience left us not wanting to leave. All that is left now is to say a massive thank you to all for a fantastic holiday and see you all next year. We will be coming back!

If you are contemplating this hotel, don’t’ think too long just book, you will not regret it, I can assure you! It is one in a very few hotels that can give all that one would expect from a hotel.

Room Tip: Book an Iconic View. You will not regret it. Money well spent.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MumandAbs
Wow Mumandabs, what a great review! It was our pleasure to have you and your family stay with us. I have shared your detailed response with the team and given a special thank you to Jennifer, Ade and Bianca. It is always a delight to read fantastic feedback like yours it serves as a great motivator to my team. It shows them that their passion and efforts to provide exceptional service are appreciated by those who receive it.

Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge on your next holiday.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I went to the hotel for a tour and to present my practice campaign pitch to Bradley Werb. The hotel is very very nice. The way the hotel is laid out is so organized. As a young student, I would love to visit this hotel to have cosy and fun nights. During my tour, I visited the penthouse in the hotel. It was superb. The view on the balcony was the icing on the cake as the view of the London city lighted up my eyes. To make things even better, my tourist guide Bradley Werb inspired me in several ways. During my tour he explained how he became involved in the industry. He took me on an adventure as he unravelled his story about his life. One thing I certainly learned from Bradley Werb was to never give up in life as there is many opportunities out there. You just need to seek in the right places. On that note, Bradley Werb has got to be the most inspirational and fun person at Park Plaza.

Dear Samuellmie,

Thank you for your kind review.

I’m happy to read you liked the hotel and the presidential suite, the view is quite spectacular. I am glad that you found Bradley inspiring.

Good luck with the rest of your studies, I hope we can welcome you back to the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge soon.

london, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

i stayed with a friend to celebrate her birthday. lovely spa, although too many people, especially children in the small pool at times. otherwise, great room, great service, friendly and helpful staff. will definitely return.

Review collected in partnership with Park Plaza Hotels

Dear Karen P,

I am glad you chose to celebrate your friend’s birthday with us! I am sorry to read that you found the pool too busy. We do offer adult only sessions between 6am and 8am and then from 8PM until 10PM. The swimming pool is not as busy during these periods.

Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back to the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge on your return to London.

Regards

MELBOURNE
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The overall experience for my family was very pleasant over our 12 night stay. The wow! factor was the looking out the massive glass facade and soaking in the view of Westminster Bridge, the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben. You gasp and realize that you are really in wonderful London.

This is a very busy hotel, many business people and ongoing conventions happening with a few weddings thrown in during our stay. Breakfasts were always popular and the efficient staff would extend the dining areas depending on demand. Our accommodation was a Studio Room on the 5th floor with glimpses of the EYE (Wheel of Fortune). The room was sufficient for 3 people but more suited to a Business couple. My daughter and I used the compact Gym with its modern equipment and enjoyed the indoor pool which at times were so busy you had to book a swim time, this was a deterrent to me. Also there was no spa after a day of sightseeing.

Room Tip: Choose an outside room facing Big Ben on the upper floors.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Pinzyvic,

Thank you for your kind review! The Park Plaza Westminster team are extremely happy that your experience with us fulfilled your expectations! We are glad that you made the most of executive lounge with its views of Parliament and Westminster Bridge.

Yes you are correct, with 1019 rooms we are a very busy hotel a significant amount of analysis is performed in order to identify these busy periods, and ensure that the staffing levels reflect this.

I am glad to read you were able to make use of the gym and swimming pool facilities. The swimming pool can get very busy at times, so we recommend guests to book a time slot. We also offer adult only sessions between 6am and 8am and then from 8PM until 10PM. The swimming pool is not as busy during these periods.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge on your next visit to London.

Magherafelt, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

good all round stay handy for sights etc. We booked in on a Thursday and left on Monday. The hotel is expensive but well located. However roads were closed due to cycle race for two days of our stay which hampered us visiting sights.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Park Plaza Hotels

Dear MargaretD,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your long weekend stay at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge. I am pleased you found the hotel to be well located, yes some roads we’re closed due to a cycle race which took place over London. I am sorry that this hampered your sightseeing.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

My adult daughter and I stayed at the Park Plaza August 10 through August 13th, before leaving for Paris. The hotel location was a perfect conduit to sightseeing and shopping. The hotel staff was exceptionally courteous and responsive to our questions and requests. We had breakfast at the hotel daily, and enjoyed lunch and late cocktails in the Primo lounge. The hotel is close to the London Eye and a walk along the Thames in that area provides access to numerous restaurants, many moderately priced. We had a room with the twin beds. The rooms were beautifully decorated and very modern, and this is a newer hotel. The beds were sooo comfortable (though we didn't spend a lot of time in them). The bathrooms were gorgeous - with separate shower and bath. The hotel itself is gorgeous and there were many opportunities to capture beautiful photos in the lobby and other areas. Make sure you take pictures in the Green Chair on the lower level, or the 'Eye' chairs in the lobby. They also have a large Business Office where you have access to multiple computers and printers, and a wide assortment of daily newspapers.
My only complaint with the hotel was the poor (low) lighting in the rooms and the bathrooms. For us girls, it was almost impossible to apply makeup because the lighting was so low, and that was a common complaint from other travelers.
Overall, the hotel stay was a great experience.

Room Tip: We had an 'inside' room, which mean our room faced an inner wall. It didn't make a diff...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
ParkPlazaWestminster, Manager at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Dear DawnaR,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. It truly sounds as though you both really enjoyed your experience at the Park plaza Westminster Bridge.

I hope you had a great time in Paris!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge in the near future.

Kind Regards,