“Great Modern Hotel in Good Location,”

Pestana Chelsea Bridge
Ranked #171 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We stayed at the Pestana Chelsea Bridge on a short city family break. The rooms are very modern, clean and comfortable.
Staff were excellent throughout.
The leisure facilities are small but clean and functional,.
Our room had good views over Battersea Park which is just opposite.
Although we never ate in the hotel we did use the bar which was good.
There is no tube nearby but busses run from outside the hotel and Sloan Square as well as Queens Town Road overground are within comfortable wakling distance.
When we left a mobile phone behind by accident staff went out of their way to locate and send it on to us. Particularly Ella who was very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank A20NEV

Reviewed 8 September 2011

My thrid stay at this hotel. just gets better with every visit. me and my colleague got upgrades to the club level rooms. lounge access was good to have but the wine and food was below average... otherwise good breakfast, extremely friendly and helpful staff. the swimming pool and sauna were perfect after a hard day's work :)

Reviewed 7 September 2011

Stayed here as part of a return to the UK, and got a really good rate of about 100 pounds a night.

Things didn't start well when one of the front desk clerks had a screaming fit at some poor person on a phone who I think had dialled a wrong number. Thoroughly unprofessional and if I was her manager I would have sacked her on the spot.

The other check in girl from Brazil was fine though, and I was soon in my room.

The rooms are ok, fairly standard business 4 star style, the only real complaint being the banging of doors, they do not close quietly.

The bar was occupied by tedious David Brent style lower middle management bores, but the location is excellent for the price so get out and enjoy London.

Had some troubles getting a taxi at the hotel.

Overall a decent place if you get a good rate.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank DJDB
Reviewed 7 September 2011

On arrival, we were upgraded to an executive room which was a pleasant surprise. I had booked the standard room through booking.com and had a great rate anyway (£169 room only). The room was lovely and immaculately clean. On the 10th floor, we had a great view of Battersea Power Station. The room had an exercise bike in it which might have been useful for a business traveller for example but was in the way a bit for us. The contents of the mini bar were complimentary which was a lovely treat. The bathroom was very well appointed with plenty of space to put things (one of my usual grumbles about hotel bathrooms). The only complaint would be that the air conditioning, even on the lowest setting, was not cool enough for us but this would likely not be a problem for others. The service at the front desk was respectful, helpful and polite. The car park right next door to the hotel was very secure and convenient. We stayed on a Saturday night so were delighted to find our 24 hour car parking was only £4 when we took our car out on the Sunday, as opposed to the quoted £20. We didn't eat breakfast (£18.50 a head seemed a bit steep) but there are offers of free breakfasts from time to time at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jarkspeak
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We stayed here as a family for two nights while my husband wa sin London for business. The hotel is in a great location by the river, just opposite Battersea Park. We booked it, having never stayed in a Pestana hotel before, but we will certainly stay in one again!

The staff here are amazing. Polite, helpful, friendly; everything you'd expect from a four star hotel. Travelling with an eight month old, I am aware of how some places can be quite restrictive for families, but here they couldn't be more helpful.

The rooms are spacious (even with a travel cot), stylish and of a high standard. The hotel in general feels luxurious and modern whilst still being comfortable.

For a central London hotel (£14 in a taxi to the west end and only ten minute walk from sloane square station) the price was very reasonable and definately considering the quality of our stay.

1  Thank kimbodia
Reviewed 6 September 2011

stylish, comfortable hotel however the first impression was quite poor...

having made a telephone booking; I asked for the room rate and was informed breakfast was separate at £15. I ask for the breakfast to be included in the room rate and happily, the reply from bookings confirmed they would include breakfast in the room rate. Great.

on arrival at the hotel, I was asked to pay for room AND breakfast and told the person on the desk breakfast should be included as per my call only hlaf an hour earlier.

I was immediately chastised and mocked. I replied that was my clear understanding, though the bookings lady "had a foreign accent" she spoker quite eloquently so wasn't concerned she had not had a full understanding of the conversation. Reception guy carried on mocking me even suggesting I could leave there and then.

I replied I did not want a discussion about it and found it "unpleasant". May be he thought I was a cheap skate! He insisted on getting the 'bookings woman' out to reception to prove his point and despite MY insistence that I had no interest in carrying on the conversation and merely wanted to check in; I was suddenly presented by two of them making me out like I was 'trying it on'!

For a classy hotel, I would have thought a clear misunderstanding based on the bookings clerk's poor-ish language skills would result in a "no problem sir, our mistake" instead of blaming me.

Their tact, over a damned breakfast, was pathetic.

A shame because the rooms are great and there is no issue really with railway noise at the back of the hotel and the rate I got at £121 was perfectly reasonable. I would have been rather aggrieved however had I been paying somewhere near their rack rate.

I wouldn't rule out returning as it is a clean and convenient hotel for central London and Chelsea and this guy could have been just one bad egg.

1  Thank x5ted
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We stayed here last year and came back again out of preference, great location, superb condition and really good value.
The spa is superb but book treatments in advance!

Room Tip: book spa treatments in advance in order to get a good time slot