“Outstanding hotel and even better service”

Pestana Chelsea Bridge
Ranked #161 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Hidden just by Chelsea Bridge and opposite Battersea Park is a gem of a hotel. Having stayed at Pestana in Portugal, I was surprised to find the company also operated in the UK. I was looking for somewhere central (but not too central) to enjoy my 40th birthday. This hotel is about a 15 minute walk from Sloane Square and Kings Road and from there only another 10 minute walk to Harrods and a world of shopping/quality dining. The hotel itself is immaculately styled and as you enter the discreet entrance the reception and lobby is instantly welcoming. Having introduced myself following an online reservation, I explained why I was staying and asked for a quiet room to relax.
The reception manager provided a warm reassurance and explained that they would provide the best room available at the same rate. Having heard similar offers at other hotels I was not excited, however all this changed when I was took the keys, got in the elevator to the top of the hotel and found myself in a luxurious suite with separate lounge, dining area, bedroom and full bathroom!! a TV in each area, i-pod hifi and leather suite, rugs and a huge bed. The room service was excellent and needless to say I enjoyed one of the best nights sleep outside of my own bed. Will I be returning?? YES! This hotel in my view rates amongst the top 2% of all hotels I have stayed at ever, and is definitely the best I have stayed in for the past 24months. Not only was the room quality excellent, but the service deserved the same accolade (e.g. my coffee machine developed a fault, so the staff offered me room service coffee of my choice - gratis). My wife was beside herself with the treatment we recieved and vowed to return with or without me in the very near future....(lol!!).

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are best and if you can get an end of block room/suite, you will find it...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sisen
Pestana_Chelsea, General Manager at Pestana Chelsea Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

I am delighted to receive your positive feedback during your recent stay at Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel. Anticipating our guests individual needs is an important part of our satisfaction goals and I am pleased that we were able to meet your expectations on this occasion. Pestana opened its first hotel in the UK in March 2010 and the Hotel is one of the first to be established in the new south-side ‘Nine Elms’ area. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back in the future. Thank you.
Arturo Esposito - General Manager

There are newer reviews for Pestana Chelsea Bridge

Reviewed 13 March 2012

Stayed here in march 2012 for 4 nights as a birthday present for my boyfriend. It was a 15/20 minute taxi ride from euston as we didnt want to mess about on tubes with out suitcases and it cost about £15 taxi fare. Got a really warm welcome from the staff and the room was lovely. Our room was facing the power station with the train lines outside, didn't hear a thing all night and it was a lovely view. The rooms were really clean and spacious and found it handy having a seperate bath and shower. Had no issues with warm water etc. the nearest tube is sloane square or victoria, which are a 5/10 minute bus ride from one of the bus stops on the same road as the hotel so we got everywhere really easy! The bed was huge and very comfy, the room looked like we were the first people to stay there it was so nice! We didnt try breakfast as we felt £18.50 each per day was too steep so we stuck to early lunches and mcdonalds breakfast! Didnt try the spa either but it looked lovely and was open til 9pm most days which was good! Would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank BecJK
Pestana_Chelsea, General Manager at Pestana Chelsea Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

Dear BecJK,
Thank you for your positive feedback and your very accurate description of our location and accessibility. We are delighted that this special occasion left such a good impression and we look forward to seeing you back again in the future. We picked up on your constructive comment regarding breakfast – the Hotel actually offers a special discounted deal for guests on check-in, reducing the price from £18.50 to £14.50. It seems this option was not offered to you and we will follow this up for future. Guest perceptions are a key factor in our customer service attitude and we appreciate this valuable input.
Arturo Esposito

Reviewed 12 March 2012

nice staff, great clean rooms, massive choice for breakfast!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Basiaka
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Stayed from 05-March-2012 to 08-March-2012

The quality of the furnishings, bedding and general standard of the room cannot be praised highly enough. Excellent throughout. I didn't use the Spa facilities but did have a look and they also looked perfect. The bar area was very welcoming and the staff were fantastic. I didn't eat here as I thought at £16.50, it was a little expensive for breakfast and with a 10 minute walk to Chelsea and it's endless coffee shops, it seemed a no brainer.

The location is excellent, around 10 minutes walk from Sloane Street Underground station and the King's Road, Sloane Square etc. £8 cab ride to the 'heart of London'. Next to the Thames and great views of Battersea Power Station or Battersea Park.

All-in-all, I would highly recommend this hotel and would stay again while visiting the capital.

Room Tip: Ask for a 'higher floor' room and a view of the Thames/Power Station
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I stayed 5 nights in Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel, though it was quite a way to sloane square tube station, either bus no. 137 and 452 would bring us to the station within 5 and walking to queensway railway station about 10mins was also convenient.

Although there weren't a lot of choices to dine around battersea park, a 7 minute walk towards queensway railway direction, a few restaurants are opening early in the morning until 3pm as i know which i would strongly recommend is - Bridge the Gap Cafe @ Patcham Terrace. It is a lovely place for breakfast and lunch.

Last but not least, services of the concierge is excellent, very polite. Usually, the official check in time is at 2pm, however i landed early morning at 5 and arrive at 8. They allowed me to check in the room at around 12nn, quick and fast. Also, a tip for early arrivals, please call and check for confirmation if early check in is possible in advance since they might not have rooms available yet. therefore, the cafe i mentioned and a bus trip to sloane street harrods and harvey nichols are good time killers.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anson W
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel as its located close to Battersea Park, so ideally situated for our party at Evolution.
It was our first experience of a Pestana hotel and we were so impressed that we searched for an overseas Pestana hotel for this years summer holiday - and have settled on the Pestana Porto Santo.
Service is first class across the board, always with a friendly smile, nothing is too much trouble.
The only reason I did not award this hotel 5/5 was due to breakfast. Like all hotels this wasn't cheap, yet there were extra charges for such items as hot chocolate (we don't drink tea or coffee) and smoked haddock - which was out of stock. Also, the waiting staff here were not quite so attentive or happy!
Room is spacious and awesome bathroom with huge bath and walk in shower.
Would definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2012

My husband and I stayed 6 nights at Pestana Chelsea. The room was modern, spacious, clean, with a leather sofa. Bed very comfortable and great pillows. Tea/Coffee facilities and bathrobes. We had a quiet room facing the park. The staff are friendly. The location is a little out of the city. There are no restaurants or cafes in a walking distance. There is only a market beside the hotel. We need to take a bus to arrive at Sloane Square tube station, it is not near to go walking.
We had a nice stay, and definitely would reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple