“An amazing hotel true class with amazing staff”

Pestana Chelsea Bridge
Ranked #181 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Me and my partner stayed here for my birthday and was not disappointed such lovely helpful staff and an amazing room with a great view of the park! We ordered room service breakfast which was a tad expensive but was well worth it great tasting food and was still very hot. My only complaint about this hotel was when we walked into the spa the lady working kept staring and i believe that she shouldnt really be sitting on a desk facing the spa as it felt very uncomfortable.. Other than that it was an amazing stay andnwould deff recommend to anyone!!!

Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Becca B
Pestana_Chelsea, General Manager at Pestana Chelsea Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Thank you for choosing Pestana Chelsea Bridge to celebrate your special occasion and I am pleased we did not disappoint your expectations. I also appreciate your constructive comments regarding the breakfast and SPA issues. Remaining competitive is important for us, while at the same time not compromising on service and delivery which all come at a cost. We also undertake regular comparison pricing checks within our area to make sure our rates are realistic. As far as the SPA is concerned, I will discuss your diplomatic remarks with our SPA manager who I know will appreciate this feedback to assist them in improving their guest satisfaction levels further. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future, thank you.
Arturo Esposito - General Meeting

Write a ReviewReviews (2,446)

Reviewed 19 March 2012

Apart from the bed, which was noisy.
The hotel was stunning, we had breakfast in bed, extra charge of £5.
The breakfast was brought in on a tray and not a trolley.
We would of benefited more from going down to breakfast, as one slice of bacon and one sausage, we ordered pastries, which we did not get.
The car parking for one night was only £4 so that was very good.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Pestana_Chelsea, General Manager at Pestana Chelsea Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Thank you for staying at the Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel and your comments are very useful to assist us in improving future service areas. It is true that the breakfast variety available in the restaurant will offer you a much wider choice and unfortunately in order to be able to provide a professional room service, it is standard practise to charge the tray charge – I have noted your comments though about the portion size that appeared to be a little small. Our rooms face the Battersea Power Station on one side and the Battersea Park on the other side – we have guests that actually request rooms overlooking the Power Station which has the railway line in front of it, and our rooms are equipped with triple glazing – it is possible at times to hear the trains but we can also allocate a room on the ‘park’ side of the hotel if that is your preference in the future. I am pleased to hear that overall your stay was enjoyable and I hope that you will return on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

A very glamorous hotel. Loved the design of the room. Didn't try the spa or the £18 breakfast!
Worth spending the money on the room for a special occasion.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your favourable comments and the recommendation. The Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel prides itself on our extraordinary size rooms as we believe that is one of the most important features to create a memorable experience. For your next visit, try the SPA which as been designed specifically to offer guests a wonderful indoor heated pool, sauna and steam room, as well as professional therapists for beauty treatments. We value your support and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Easy parking; easy to find; the most amazingly comfortable bed with the softest bedding. Air Con/heating easy to control. Super stylish - great ambiance. Quite. Gorgeous bar food but quite expensive. Right opposite Battersea Park. Efficient check in and out. Only point to say is make sure you maximise on breakfast - half of its round the corner in the breakfast room - don't miss out!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank leolaura

Thank you for your favourable comments on your recent stay at the Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel, including your ‘breakfast tip’! We find most guests truly appreciate Battersea Park across the road as it is ideal for walking, jogging, picnics in summer, rowing and even a children’s zoo. For business travellers our intent is to make sure we provide efficient and friendly service, with comfortable accommodation facilities and I am pleased we were able to meet your requirements in that regard. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Just got back from a 2 night stay booked with Superbreaks,excellent value as breakfast along with train and tube travel included in the deal , requested an early check-in on Friday and when we arrived at Noon our room was ready, gorgeous Executive , fab staff, Pool and Spa brilliant, sandwiches and drinks in the bar perfect, Breakfast was great, very efficient service, had dinner on Saturday night and although the staff were attentive the food was mediocre and there was a lack of atmosphere in the Restaurant, this area of London is the best, really chilling out of the hustle an bustle but near enough to the tube to visit everywhere, would highly recommend and certainly return ASAP, well done Pestana, impressive hotel and service

Room Tip: We had a nice night view of Tower Bridge, think some rooms overlook the disused power station
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank charlottelucas99

Thank you for your positive review and I am delighted that your stay was enjoyable. Meeting guests expectations and leaving them with a positive impression of their stay is exactly what we strive to achieve. I have noted your comments about our restaurant and while there is no excuse for mediocre food, and I will follow that up, I do agree that to compete with ambience in London is a real challenge. However, our restaurant is an important guest facility and therefore your constructive comments are valuable – thank you. I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Hidden just by Chelsea Bridge and opposite Battersea Park is a gem of a hotel. Having stayed at Pestana in Portugal, I was surprised to find the company also operated in the UK. I was looking for somewhere central (but not too central) to enjoy my 40th birthday. This hotel is about a 15 minute walk from Sloane Square and Kings Road and from there only another 10 minute walk to Harrods and a world of shopping/quality dining. The hotel itself is immaculately styled and as you enter the discreet entrance the reception and lobby is instantly welcoming. Having introduced myself following an online reservation, I explained why I was staying and asked for a quiet room to relax.
The reception manager provided a warm reassurance and explained that they would provide the best room available at the same rate. Having heard similar offers at other hotels I was not excited, however all this changed when I was took the keys, got in the elevator to the top of the hotel and found myself in a luxurious suite with separate lounge, dining area, bedroom and full bathroom!! a TV in each area, i-pod hifi and leather suite, rugs and a huge bed. The room service was excellent and needless to say I enjoyed one of the best nights sleep outside of my own bed. Will I be returning?? YES! This hotel in my view rates amongst the top 2% of all hotels I have stayed at ever, and is definitely the best I have stayed in for the past 24months. Not only was the room quality excellent, but the service deserved the same accolade (e.g. my coffee machine developed a fault, so the staff offered me room service coffee of my choice - gratis). My wife was beside herself with the treatment we recieved and vowed to return with or without me in the very near future....(lol!!).

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are best and if you can get an end of block room/suite, you will find it...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sisen
Pestana_Chelsea, General Manager at Pestana Chelsea Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

I am delighted to receive your positive feedback during your recent stay at Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel. Anticipating our guests individual needs is an important part of our satisfaction goals and I am pleased that we were able to meet your expectations on this occasion. Pestana opened its first hotel in the UK in March 2010 and the Hotel is one of the first to be established in the new south-side ‘Nine Elms’ area. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back in the future. Thank you.

Reviewed 13 March 2012

Stayed here in march 2012 for 4 nights as a birthday present for my boyfriend. It was a 15/20 minute taxi ride from euston as we didnt want to mess about on tubes with out suitcases and it cost about £15 taxi fare. Got a really warm welcome from the staff and the room was lovely. Our room was facing the power station with the train lines outside, didn't hear a thing all night and it was a lovely view. The rooms were really clean and spacious and found it handy having a seperate bath and shower. Had no issues with warm water etc. the nearest tube is sloane square or victoria, which are a 5/10 minute bus ride from one of the bus stops on the same road as the hotel so we got everywhere really easy! The bed was huge and very comfy, the room looked like we were the first people to stay there it was so nice! We didnt try breakfast as we felt £18.50 each per day was too steep so we stuck to early lunches and mcdonalds breakfast! Didnt try the spa either but it looked lovely and was open til 9pm most days which was good! Would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank BecJK
Pestana_Chelsea, General Manager at Pestana Chelsea Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

Dear BecJK,
Thank you for your positive feedback and your very accurate description of our location and accessibility. We are delighted that this special occasion left such a good impression and we look forward to seeing you back again in the future. We picked up on your constructive comment regarding breakfast – the Hotel actually offers a special discounted deal for guests on check-in, reducing the price from £18.50 to £14.50. It seems this option was not offered to you and we will follow this up for future. Guest perceptions are a key factor in our customer service attitude and we appreciate this valuable input.
Arturo Esposito