Pestana Chelsea Bridge
US$247
US$232
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$210
US$170
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Park Plaza London Riverbank(London)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$155
Agoda.com
US$254
US$224
galahotels.com
2,562 results
All reviewsbattersea parkbattersea power stationexercise bikesloane sqsauna and steam roomspa facilitiesmood lightinglovely hotelbus stophuge bedminute walkrooms are spaciousbooked this hotellondon hotelbreakfast was excellentlovely roomstayed for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Just returned from a two night stay at the Pestana Chelsea Bridge. We are regular visitors to (and ex residents of) London, and we have experienced a variety of hotels. I have to say that this is the best hotel that we have stayed in. The staff we very friendly and courteous at all times. My seven year old loved the pool. Lets face it, where else in the City will you find such fantastic facilities without paying a fortune. Would definitely stay there again, and we are considering visiting one of their partner hotels for our overseas holiday.

Room Tip: If you are fan of the London skyline, ask for a room facing Battersea Power Station, as long as you don;t mind the sound of trains!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen P
Reviewed 7 May 2012

This is a really modern, friendly, clean Hotel. We are just back today after spending two nights there. I paid, on their website £298.00 for two nights including breakfast. We usually stay at the Millenium Copthorne at Chelsea and couldn't get booked there so looked on Tripadvisor and picked this Hotel going by the reviews and I'm very glad I did. I never even knew it existed before and had never been to that area before (right beside Battersea Park). The reception is very modern and clean and the staff were exceptionally friendly. I had to ask them a few directions etc and they were more than helpful, printing me out directions and explaining them. At no point did I feel as if I was putting them out or that they were rushing me to get the next guest. The room was a very pleasant surprise, again modern and clean with lovely big plush pillows and really good quality sheets and duvet! The bathroom was lovely with separate bath and shower, magnifying mirror (always useful for us ladies) and hairdryer. The view was of trains but that didn't bother us at all, we weren't in London to gaze out our Hotel window, and we didn't actually hear any trains! We went down to the bar area for lunch and I would say this was the only thing I was a bit disappointed in, not the food as it was delicious, we had a triple decker sandwich and chips between us, the chips being the nicest I have ever tasted!! My problem was, firstly there were only about 8 chips and the price of the food was over the top. We had that, a coffee, tea and a bottle of beer and it came to £27 (including a service charge). If the prices had been a bit more reasonable we would have stayed there for dinner as the food was really good. Anyway, the next morning we went down to breakfast, I see some people have mentioned the hot food buffet was round the corner in the restaurant and they didn't know it was there. I can see how that might happen if you were positioned in a certain way and no one mentioned it was there, however they did tell us and I had already read about it on T A so looking on this site first is definitely the way to go. The breakfast was really lovely, a great variety of cereals, breads, muffins, pastries, toast and orange (served by waiter) scrambled egg, sausages, bacon, beans, mushrooms, meats and cheese and I heard other people asking for fried and poached eggs and they are more than happy to do that for you.

Here are a few tips if you decide to stay here. If you come into Victoria Station which is half an hour from Gatwick, go to the side entrance of Vic station (if you happen to come out the main entrance go left and left again) and catch the number 44 bus, this will take you to Chelsea Bridge, then you walk a few yards and the Hotel is to the left. If you go onto the next stop you will go up the hill past the QVC shopping channel building and the Hotel is to your right. Also, on the other side of the road you can catch a number 137 bus which takes you to Marble Arch which is the beginning of Oxford Street. In fact we caught the 137 bus from outside Selfridges (on the other side of road) right back to the Hotel, I didn't realise it came that far up Oxford Street so it was a real bonus as we prefer the bus. You can catch the same bus to Sloane Square tube station to go to other areas. It is a good 20min walk to Sloane Square and I could see how this might be off putting if it's raining. It is £2.30 for a single bus fare which will take you one stop or right to the end. There is another bus no 452 but I have no idea where it went(as far as I am concerned it could have went to Scotland lol). We went to a pub which was quite near for our dinner on the Sunday night, now that was another experience!! If you are hip trendy and young or even young at heart this is the place for you!! I will be writing a proper review on it if you want to look at it. It's called the Lost Angel and you can get to it by taking the no 44 bus on the same side as Hotel. We walked and it took us half an hour, it is in Battersea Park Road. So I highly recommend this Hotel and have joined the loyalty programme. Once I got familiarized with where we were I was extremely comfortable, plus I forgot to say there is the beautiful Battersea Park to walk in or jog if you're in the mood (which I will never be)!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Dramaqueen50
Pestana_Chelsea, General Manager at Pestana Chelsea Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Thank you for your really impressive review – not only because of your positive comments, but the way in which you described your stay and general experience – I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and am sure other viewers will too! The location of the hotel is sometimes underestimated I think and I am therefore delighted by your ‘guest friendly’ directions – for your information, the 452 bus takes you to Kensington Palace and Portobello road/market – so a well worth-it trip to take too since Kensington Palace is now open to the public again. We have also noted your constructive comments on the breakfast buffet location, as well as pub food prices – thank you for your comments and they will be taken into consideration. Your loyalty is highly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Thank you.
Arturo Esposito, General Manager.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

Very clean and modern hotel....loveley beds and pillows...just felt a little isolated on location...ok to walk to sloane square if weather is good if not a cab is needed overall an ok stay....

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank suzanneFarnhamSurrey
Reviewed 5 May 2012

THe hotel/ room was clean and well furnished, although not really to my taste. Beds were comfortable. We had view of Battersea Power Station and the trains, which you can hear but don't disturb your sleep.

The Spa and gym, whilst tastly done up, were fairly basic and small. Swimming pool was particularly small and with more than 2 swimmers it seemed busy. Missed a hot tub but had a sauna and steam room. The gym was also fairly limited.

Parking in car park next door cost £14 for under 24 hours. The room was a last minute deal at £119 which for location is pretty good I guess. However the hotel was missing something, character I guess.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I was very impressed with this modern hotel. The facilities are top notch and the rooms are very stylish yet comfortable. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The only down side was the walk to Sloane Square to get the nearest tube. Normally not a problem for me but as it was raining heavily the two days I was there became a pain.

Booked through lastminute.com as a mystery hotel and very impressed with the result although have to say the confirmation did quote "FREE" minibar (didn't expect it, so no surprise it wasn't) and a turn down service which for a hotel of this standard did expect.

All in all very happy, and as we were there to finish off our honeymoon before going home, my new wife was happy too

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple