Pestana Chelsea Bridge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$212
  • Room Service
US$269
US$200
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$114
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$120
US$218
US$191
galahotels.com
2,562 results
All reviewsbattersea parkbattersea power stationexercise bikesloane sqsauna and steam roomspa facilitiesmood lightinglovely hotelbus stophuge bedminute walkrooms are spaciousbooked this hotellondon hotelbreakfast was excellentlovely roomstayed for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Having searched for several hours for a reasonably priced hotel in central London we found the Pestana Chelsea Bridge. I can't pretend that the usual rates are particularly good value, however the late deals offered through their own web site are a bit of a bargain for the quality of hotel and location. Beware though that the last minute offers are payable in advance and strictly non refundable!

The hotel is located on the south side of Chelsea Bridge, opposite Battersea Park and next to the iconic Battersea Power Station. Although not very close to a tube station, you can hop onto a No 137 or 452 bus almost directly opposite the hotel and reach Sloane Square and the Kings Road in less than 5 minutes.

The executive double room was spacious and well appointed, very good black-out curtains, large bathroom with separate shower and bath, ample storage, small area for mini bar and kettle, a large sofa, and a television with 80 or so channels in a variety of languages. Being in a busy city, it is worth requesting a room on the higher floors to minimise noise, we were on the 8th floor which was fine.

My reason for dropping a mark on this hotel is the spa which is too small for a hotel of this size. The pool is only just big enough for lengths if you have it to yourself and the sauna is very small (max 3 persons) however the larger steam room worked well. There is a large relaxation area but limited changing, so you need to change into your robes in your room before you visit. My biggest criticism of this facility is that it is advertised as a quiet adult area, however when we visited at 5pm there were very loud children having a swimming lesson (which dominated the entire area) and at 8am the next morning we found a family with screaming babies. I can therefore recommend this as a nice facility for families to occupy their children for a few minutes however it is not the relaxing, quiet zone advertised for adults, unfortunately you can’t have it both ways.

Breakfast was good with a self service hot and cold buffet including fruit, yoghurt, cereals, breads and pastries, cold meats and cheese etc. The hot buffet only offers scrambled eggs however if you ask the attentive staff, the kitchen will happily prepare an alternative poached for eggsample. The only slight criticism here was the coffee, which came out far too dark and the tea which came out like water.

In the evening, the restaurant has a good looking menu with main courses at around £15, you can also choose from the bar menu which has some very good tapas. The bar and restaurant are a little expensive however there are some good alternatives for a cheaper meal near by. We found a lovely little Italian restaurant called San Gennaro just two minutes walk from the front door. Turn left as you leave the hotel, walk down the road and straight across the roundabout a few yards further and you come to the traffic lights at the junction of Battersea Park Road, turn right and the restaurant is immediately on your right. This is a small, friendly restaurant with excellent food and wine and great service at a very reasonable price.

All in all this hotel is great for a visit to central London and a bit of a bargain if you book a late deal from the Pestana web site.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jonimax
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Everything is fine with this brand new hotel. Good location, very convenient, clean, safe, modern decorated, luxury minimality. Tasty breakfast. Value for money. I will return. No slippers in the room. Should be arranged this failing.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Just returned from a two night stay at the Pestana Chelsea Bridge. We are regular visitors to (and ex residents of) London, and we have experienced a variety of hotels. I have to say that this is the best hotel that we have stayed in. The staff we very friendly and courteous at all times. My seven year old loved the pool. Lets face it, where else in the City will you find such fantastic facilities without paying a fortune. Would definitely stay there again, and we are considering visiting one of their partner hotels for our overseas holiday.

Room Tip: If you are fan of the London skyline, ask for a room facing Battersea Power Station, as long as you don;t mind the sound of trains!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen P
Reviewed 7 May 2012

This is a really modern, friendly, clean Hotel. We are just back today after spending two nights there. I paid, on their website £298.00 for two nights including breakfast. We usually stay at the Millenium Copthorne at Chelsea and couldn't get booked there so looked on Tripadvisor and picked this Hotel going by the reviews and I'm very glad I did. I never even knew it existed before and had never been to that area before (right beside Battersea Park). The reception is very modern and clean and the staff were exceptionally friendly. I had to ask them a few directions etc and they were more than helpful, printing me out directions and explaining them. At no point did I feel as if I was putting them out or that they were rushing me to get the next guest. The room was a very pleasant surprise, again modern and clean with lovely big plush pillows and really good quality sheets and duvet! The bathroom was lovely with separate bath and shower, magnifying mirror (always useful for us ladies) and hairdryer. The view was of trains but that didn't bother us at all, we weren't in London to gaze out our Hotel window, and we didn't actually hear any trains! We went down to the bar area for lunch and I would say this was the only thing I was a bit disappointed in, not the food as it was delicious, we had a triple decker sandwich and chips between us, the chips being the nicest I have ever tasted!! My problem was, firstly there were only about 8 chips and the price of the food was over the top. We had that, a coffee, tea and a bottle of beer and it came to £27 (including a service charge). If the prices had been a bit more reasonable we would have stayed there for dinner as the food was really good. Anyway, the next morning we went down to breakfast, I see some people have mentioned the hot food buffet was round the corner in the restaurant and they didn't know it was there. I can see how that might happen if you were positioned in a certain way and no one mentioned it was there, however they did tell us and I had already read about it on T A so looking on this site first is definitely the way to go. The breakfast was really lovely, a great variety of cereals, breads, muffins, pastries, toast and orange (served by waiter) scrambled egg, sausages, bacon, beans, mushrooms, meats and cheese and I heard other people asking for fried and poached eggs and they are more than happy to do that for you.

Here are a few tips if you decide to stay here. If you come into Victoria Station which is half an hour from Gatwick, go to the side entrance of Vic station (if you happen to come out the main entrance go left and left again) and catch the number 44 bus, this will take you to Chelsea Bridge, then you walk a few yards and the Hotel is to the left. If you go onto the next stop you will go up the hill past the QVC shopping channel building and the Hotel is to your right. Also, on the other side of the road you can catch a number 137 bus which takes you to Marble Arch which is the beginning of Oxford Street. In fact we caught the 137 bus from outside Selfridges (on the other side of road) right back to the Hotel, I didn't realise it came that far up Oxford Street so it was a real bonus as we prefer the bus. You can catch the same bus to Sloane Square tube station to go to other areas. It is a good 20min walk to Sloane Square and I could see how this might be off putting if it's raining. It is £2.30 for a single bus fare which will take you one stop or right to the end. There is another bus no 452 but I have no idea where it went(as far as I am concerned it could have went to Scotland lol). We went to a pub which was quite near for our dinner on the Sunday night, now that was another experience!! If you are hip trendy and young or even young at heart this is the place for you!! I will be writing a proper review on it if you want to look at it. It's called the Lost Angel and you can get to it by taking the no 44 bus on the same side as Hotel. We walked and it took us half an hour, it is in Battersea Park Road. So I highly recommend this Hotel and have joined the loyalty programme. Once I got familiarized with where we were I was extremely comfortable, plus I forgot to say there is the beautiful Battersea Park to walk in or jog if you're in the mood (which I will never be)!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Dramaqueen50
Pestana_Chelsea, General Manager at Pestana Chelsea Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Thank you for your really impressive review – not only because of your positive comments, but the way in which you described your stay and general experience – I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and am sure other viewers will too! The location of the hotel is sometimes underestimated I think and I am therefore delighted by your ‘guest friendly’ directions – for your information, the 452 bus takes you to Kensington Palace and Portobello road/market – so a well worth-it trip to take too since Kensington Palace is now open to the public again. We have also noted your constructive comments on the breakfast buffet location, as well as pub food prices – thank you for your comments and they will be taken into consideration. Your loyalty is highly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Thank you.
Arturo Esposito, General Manager.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

Very clean and modern hotel....loveley beds and pillows...just felt a little isolated on location...ok to walk to sloane square if weather is good if not a cab is needed overall an ok stay....

• Stayed: April 2012