“Still impressive!”

Pestana Chelsea Bridge
Ranked #175 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Our second stay at the Pestana. Still impressed by the quality and service experienced here and will definitely return.
Couple of tips for other travellers:
(1) Catch 452 bus to Knightsbridge tube station to pick up Piccadilly line for Leicester Square and surrounding theatre area;
(2) Save yourself some money by not using taxi cabs contracted to hotel. They are double the cost of the usual black cabs.

Room Tip: We have had excellent, quiet rooms overlooking both the old Power Station and Park.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Invernesstraveller

Reviewed 19 June 2012

Hotels in the more obvious London locations can be noisy and somewhat overpriced. If you know London then this is a great find. Even after a night on the town it only cost us £22 to get back from Soho. The only negative was that we we woken at 0730hrs, thanks to the guest next door taking a shower, or at lest that where's we think the sound of running water was coming from? I've no hesitation recommending the hotel if you're wanting somewhere a lot nicer than the likes of a Travel Lodge to crash! Be sure to check the likes of lastminute.com to grab a deal.

A top tip: There's secure underground parking available to Hotel guests for an amazing £4 for 24 hours at weekends. For London that's an absolute bargain.

Room Tip: Room 226 is where we stayed and heard the running water at 0730hrs on a Sunday morning, maybe a one...
1  Thank TUC10
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Having lived in London many years I knew this hotel was easily accessible both by bus and train and so its location relative to its price was why I chose to stay here. Although I was 2 hours too early for check in the staff (very helpful and happy) managed to find me a room immediately. The room itself was very nice (the bed was huge) and the bathroom was spotless and had both a bath and a seperate shower which was nice but made it comfortable rather than roomy. The room was very clean. The iron I requested for the room was delivered very quickly. I did pay for the interent access £15 which annoyed me but it was only 1 night so I could justify it to myself - if I'd been staying longer this would have been a drawback. I would stay here again if I needed to access the west end or (especially) the south of the city.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2012

We held a corporate event here this week. We took over a number of function rooms across 2 days and around 100 bedrooms.

Staff helpfulness was 100%. Hotel facilities and rooms 100% many guests complimented us on our choice of hotel.

Only one thing let it down in my opinion, the hot buffet breakfast was limited in choice and not really hot, just warm.

Overall, the breakfast didnt bring the score down and I still would give 100%

Room Tip: High floor, Executive rooms are nice but maybe not worth the extra ££
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike - Jayne L
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Stayed the night before the pageant and used the hotel the next day as a base for battersea park and a vantage point from our room overlooking the Thames.
Spacious and comfortable rooms with good facilities.
Restaurant however overwhelmed by number of people and inability to maintain alevel of service beyond 9.00 p.m. Waited a long time for our food and got through a lot of wine in the process toasting the Queen!

Room Tip: Seventh floor for good view of the river and battersea power station/
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank WalesPirate
Reviewed 15 June 2012

As I was having Moh's surgery at the Chelsea/Lister Hospital and live in Suffolk I needed to find a hotel that would be very clean and comfortable to stay at while recovering, and like many people I have booked hotels that are 4 or 5 star and have been disappointed with how dirty and smelly they are. I was really worried about where to stay. I did a lot of reserach on hotels in Chelsea and found the Pestana Chelsea Bridge to be highly recommended so I booked 3 nights and hoped for the best. I am extreamly fussy when it comes to cleanliness and there are not many hotels I go to where I don't end up getting out the detox wipes (OCD or what!). This hotel is superb. When we arrived we were greeted by friendly, helpful staff. As well as having surgery hubby and I were celebrating 15 years of marriage and the staff were wonderful. They upgraded our room to a suite and there was a bottle of Champagne on ice and a fruit basket. The room was large, immaculate and presented in a lovely modern chic style with quality fittings and comfy large bed. As I was in and out of hospital for surgery the hotel was our main base and we made full use of the room service. I must say after going through a very stressful time with surgery it was so good to stay in a hotel that was just perfect. Our room was cleaned daily, I could only eat scrambled eggs which are not on the room service menu but the staff went out of thier way to organise this for me.The hotel and staff are excellent! If you google the hotel you will see it's next to 7 railway lines. We like fresh air so we slept with the patio door wedged open (note to hotel; you could do with a hook for the door) and yes you do hear the trains but even though we're from rural Suffolk it didnt keep us awake. if the door is shut you hardly hear them at all or just ask for a room on the Battersea park side. For us we found the location ideal and we will definately come back. EXCELLENT HOTEL but its the staff that make it really enjoyable.!!!!!

Reviewed 15 June 2012

The hotel looked after us very well. We ate in the restaurant on Sunday evening and enjoyed a first class meal served by very helpful staff. The bedroom was clean and spacious and the bed very comfortable.

1  Thank CheshireLadyP