“Pestana Chelsea Bridge”

Pestana Chelsea Bridge
Ranked #199 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Great visit again. As always, really helpful staff. They just couldn't do enough. I had time for a spa treatment and yet again it was great. Location is great for Victoria but also a short taxi ride to Paddington.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,470)

Reviewed 28 March 2013

This Hotel is probably more suited to business users than families in my opinion.

The nearest Tube is 10 minute walk and across Chelsea Bridge into Sloan Square and Kings Road.

Service was good and staff helpful.

The rooms were clean and to a standard expected.

I was attending on business and probably would not come here for a family break if am honest - just didn't do it for me from location, space and set up.

Breakfast was adequate and staff service excellent throughout.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

When I first arrived at Pestana I was initially impressed with the service, it soon went down hill from there. I was asked for £50 deposit for incidentals and the mini bar which I was more than happy to pay then when I arrived in my room there were only 2 complimentary bottles of water in the mini bar, when I called reception to request it be filled I was asked for another £50 to do this! and then when I contested I was laughed at.

The room itself was dusty and not very clean, the bed spread had stains on it and the maid decided to barge into the room without knocking.

The mini bar then took 2 hours to fill from the time of requesting this with reception.

I checked out the next day and was asked to pay £35 for the mini bar goods when all I consumed was 2 products, their response was that if you have a filled mini bar you pay for the entire contents.

Very unimpressed with this hotel all in all.

4  Thank Bobbyjo23
Pestana_Chelsea, General Manager at Pestana Chelsea Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

I regret the disappointing experience you have had at Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel and from my analysis of your feedback, I think there was poor communication that created misunderstanding. I apologise that your initial good impression was not the ‘lasting’ impression and perhaps I could clarify our policy please. The £50 deposit is an amount that is held to guarantee any additional costs as your accommodation was already paid. Included in your room rate are two complimentary bottles of water in the mini bar. Should you wish to have the mini bar stocked, it is charged according to the items you select, as a room service charge. Therefore if you had ordered items to the value of £35, you will have been charged accordingly. I hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future to rectify this unfortunate experience and it will be my pleasure to offer you an upgrade and complimentary bottle of wine please. Thank you for taking the time to draw this to our attention.
Arturo Esposito, General Manager.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Attended an Awards dinner across the road at Evolution in Battersea Park and was delighted to find out had been upgraded to a Junior Suite and it was lovely. I work for a 5 star hotel so do get spoiled and used to certain levels of service and I must admit I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms was very clean and had great views, the bar in the evening courteous and quick and breakfast the next day was great too.

Room Tip: Highly recommend the Junior suite on the 11th floor, was opposite the exec lounge, which I didn'...
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We just spent 4 nights at the Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel. The room for 3 was a king bed and a fold-out couch.The facilities are nice- rooms modern but a bit dark. There is a window with blinds separating the bathroom from the bedroom which is fine for couples but not for shy people. There is no concierge so you have to ask the desk for information...a couple of the staff seemed cold and bothered but several were nice. The lounge was large, but I did not eat in the restaurant or use the spa so I can't comment on them. Wireless is free in the lounge but not in your room- you have to ask for code. The TV went out for a couple of hours and the maintenance man was kind but unable to fix. There are 2 computers in lobby area connected to a printer for boarding passes (a posted note says 20 pence a page but we were not charged). We walked to Victoria Station but it is too far to walk with luggage and cabs are very expensive-cost about 12 pounds from Victoria. Hotel is about half hour walk to Harrods and 45-50 minutes to Trafalgar Square for able-bodied people on a nice day. Cost of a mini-cab to Heathgow Airport was 55 pounds . Overall a nice place but I will probably stay closer to the epicenter of London or where there is more to do closer to hotel- once we left the hotel we were out for the day since it wasn't close to anything but Battersea Park.

Room Tip: Our room was on the park side and was quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with a friend for a girly shopping weekend. We parked in the car park next to the hotel and were amazed to find that it only cost £4 for 24 hours at the weekend which is cheap for any city let alone London. The room was spacious, modern and spotlessly clean, a pleasure to stay in. The hotel is not that close to the tube. We did catch a taxi to Oxford street which cost £12. We did use the hotels spa facilities which were lovely if a little small. The breakfast was delicious with a wide variety to choose from. The staff were friendly and very helpful - nothing was too much trouble. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wanted to visit London.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Tealeafs
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I have stayed here numerous times now and it has become my regular choice of hotel to stay at here in London.
The food is top quality, the rooms are very stylish. The spa is lovely. Overall it's a very comfortable/enjoyable stay. However just recently I have done some shopping around for other hotels in this area to compare..
(I am a regular visitor to London) I think Pestana need to have the wireless Internet included in the price and the breakfast.. There are other 5 star hotels in this area with much better rooms which include both of these for the same price directly through their website.. So unfortunately it has made me go to them because of the value for money and what is included.. Maybe I will return to Pestana in the future. But at the moment it is unlikely due to your competitors offering 5 star quality at the same price as your 4 star with breakfast and free wifi included in the price.. If you can get 5 star and more for the same price then it really is a no brainer. I think Pestana need to incorporate a few small changes to match up to these other hotels. Then maybe I will go back.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank JetSetting30
Pestana_Chelsea, General Manager at Pestana Chelsea Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Thank you for your positive review on our property and of course we are disappointed to hear that you have been attracted to other properties recently. There is no doubt that there are a wide variety of deals out in the marketplace offering outstanding value for money, and Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel run similar offers from time to time which also include complimentary wifi and breakfast. We would not like to lose your loyalty and I am sure we can address this issue to your satisfaction please. If you could make contact with my office I would be delighted to resolve the matter and welcome you back to our hotel in the future. We value guest support and do not take it for granted. I look forward to hearing from you and thank you for drawing this to our attention.
Kind Regards,