“Perfect location for acceptable price”

Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel & Spa London
Ranked #146 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Ricany
“Perfect location for acceptable price”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed in Pestana Chelsea Bridge during our bussines trip to WTM London. It was the first time in London and we have chosen very good located hotel. Double room was clean with comfort king size bed, but little bit noisy, we had room which was situated over the train crossing and of course we were hearing trains from early in the morning. First evening we tried to order drinks in a hotel bar, but we had to wait 15 minutes for order, no problem but waiter could be quickier!! Hotel staff professional. We returned around 4 pm back and room wasnt cleaned up. Breakfast too expensive, we didnt ordered!!
I can reccomend this property to everyone who want to stay near centre for acceptable price!

Room Tip: If you are not hurry, take room without breakfast, you can have very good breakfast for lower price...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (542)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed here for a week during the World Travel Market at Excel. Out room was good, with a view over the road into Battersea Park. Sound proofing was perfect and the staff discrete and hard working. Its little strange to return to your room t 4pm to find the room un made up, but that is London hotels these days.
Its only a short walk over the Bridge to be in Sloane Square and Victoria.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Have just returned from a 2 night stay which I was very apprehensive about due to previous reviews, but all I can say is..... that the hotel staff where very friendly, the room was immaculate and the spa was just what was needed on a Saturday evening having walked miles! I would definitely stay again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

I would highly recommend, the staff couldn't do enough and the hotel helped make our trip.

The location was lacking a tube stop but you can hardly blame the hotel for that!

Nice park across from the hotel and if you get a high room the views are brilliant

Please google @thestomabaglady for more details

• Stayed November 2013
thejerseygourmand
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I wasn't sure if I could post a review as I haven't actually stayed here, but I see others have posted similar reviews elsewhere.
I booked this hotel, for one night, on line and made arrangements for friends to come and meet us there for a drink before going to Chelsea to eat.
While in the luggage reclaim in Gatwick Airport, I had a phone call (at 17.43 October 11. - management please note if you are reading this) telling me the hotel was closed because of flooding.
I asked if the hotel was completely closed and they said yes it was.
We were told we could stay at another hotel further South, in Battersea, which didn't suit at all. So we had to find our own accomodation elsewhere.
We couldn't contact our friends so I went to the hotel to meet them only to find it was running as per usual.
When I asked the receptionist about a room he said they were fully booked.
I told him about my phone call and he said that clearly was inexcusable. I asked to speak to the duty manager but no-one "was available".
Clearly, they had overbooked and pushed us out, presumably because we had a cheaper internet rate.
Our whole evening was ruined.
I think this is absolutely despicable. I was going to write to the management but decided to post this on line instead as we will never stay in a Pestana hotel again even if they offered us a free night.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
25 Thank thejerseygourmand
Market Rasen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We recently stayed here a a family, with a double and twin room. We walked back over the bridge , turned left and headed to Sloane Square , not a bad walk, 15 mins at a slow stroll , We didn't have breakfast at the hotel, so can't review . Large car park next door, £20 for 24 hours, so not bad for London.
Would definitely stay again . First class !

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I chose this hotel because it was the closest hotel to Lister Hospital, where my husband was having major surgery. Our son was with us for 3 nights before he had to return to school. The surgery had many complications, my husband lost a lot of blood and his blood pressure plummeted. He was in the ICU for 2 days and the hospital asked that I come stay with him. I had prepaid the room and wrote to the Pestana hospital chain to request a refund for the remainder of my stay. They have refused. These people are monsters. They do not care if my husband is seriously ill in the Intensive Care Unit. They are greedy, selfish people.

Also, the views from the hotel are terrible. The breakfast was inedible. And they lied to me about getting a second room for my son. They told me the hotel was fully booked. When I checked out to go the hospital, I suggested that a refund should not be a problem, since I understood the hotel was fully booked. The staff replied that there were plenty of rooms. Then why did my son have to spend 3 nights on an uncomfortable fold-up cot, making our room so crowded, it was impossible to move around.

This kind of behavior should not be rewarded. Please find another hotel. I have never been treated so terribly in my life by hotel management.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family