“A wonderful hotel”

Pestana Chelsea Bridge
Ranked #181 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Stayed here on a theatre break. Its very out of the way to get to places. The closest tube station is a little walk away. It was however a lovely hotel.

We stayed in a suite which was lovely and clean. the staff were very friendly and actually seemed to care that you were happy with how your stay was going. We had a pre booked breakfast which was delivered to the room the following morning which was fantastic. Everything you ciould possibly want for breakfast was brought to the room.

If youre looking for a room with a view at best i would say there isnt one. Our suite overlooked battersea powerstation and battersea dogs home. Luckily we were so high up that the barking never reached us.

Apart from that its a fab hotel that i would reccomend to anyone who doesnt mind a little travel to the main attractions

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,446)

Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights in December. On arrival the receptionist was lovely and asked if there was anything we needed
Room was lovely, very clean, good size, lovely bathroom, fridge and tea making facilities aswell as a safe and wardrobe, tv and desk
Location is fine, obviously beside the Chelsea bridge and a short taxi ride from Victoria train station
Had dinner in the restaurant the first night and it was lovely. Quite expensive but that was to be assumed for London
Spent our nights at the pool, with a sauna and steam room and a sitting area with loungers which was nice. Pool is shallow and not really suitable for a rigorous swim but perfect for relaxing
Second night after a long day of sight seeing room service was called. Generally snacks and bar food but was very nice.
Breakfast was also good, hot food was sausages and bacon with selection of eggs and also fruit and croissants and muffins, the usual but very nice.
All in all perfect for a few nights relaxation

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I booked this via Trivago for about £150 (2 nights - weekend stay) and wasn't disappointed. We had a very spacious room, well designed and very modern and bright. The bed was very comfortable and plenty of extras are provided. The staff were very friendly and helpful and pointed us in the right direction to busses and tube stations. Breakfast was overpriced at around £25 per person and the bar expensive but this is in Chelsea after all. Great to have an underground spa. Relaxing swim and sauna after a long day walking around the city. Expensive spa treatments though! We would return but wouldn't pay any more than what we did.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank m.obrien83
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We stayed for three nights and had an absolutely fantastic time, the staff were all excellent, the public areas were spotlessly clean, the cocktails were lovely, we ate in the restaurant which was also gorgeous and reasonably priced. I would recommend anyone staying in London to give this hotel a try. A taxi into covent garden was only 15.00.
The rooms and bathrooms are to die for ultra modern, we will stay again next time we are in London without a doubt.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

That it is a little bit out of the way but otherwise one of my new favorites in London.

Room was large and well designed with a large bathroom with tub and shower. Room service was good and efficient. Spa downstairs has a nice sauna and steam and a smallish pool. My main complaint was that the wifi quality in my room was rather poor for making Skype calls - maybe because my room was at the end of the hallway. Room tip - if you are sensitive to noise, rooms on the back side face train tracks.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Pestana. I loved the location, it was right on the river and the beautiful Battersea Park was literally just across the road. It is a short walk from the Sloane Square or Victoria tube stations which I actually think is an asset to its location, you're not right in the middle of the noise and congestion of hotels closer to the centre - but then I really enjoy walking and open air spaces - not everybody is the same I know. The little convenience store just up some steps from the hotel is also fantastic and good value too.
The room itself is beautifully clean and the bathroom is really spacious with both a walk-in shower and a bath, there is even space for a leather sofa in the room!
There is a great range provided at breakfast, really fresh and tasty food. I think the breakfast is expensive and I would have gone somewhere else nearby if it hadn't been included in the deal that I found. The service was a little bit over the top in clearing away the plates almost as soon as you've taken the last mouthful but conversely I had to ask for a second glass of orange juice and more coffee.
In all I would definitely stay here again but only when using a deal (I hope the prices don't go up even more as and when the powerstaion is developed!!).

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 December 2013

My mother and I stayed here earlier this week. In every way, it was superb. The key highlights were:
- incredibly helpful and smiling staff (it makes such a change to see people who appear to be extremely happy in their work - these staff couldn't have been more helpful or cheerful, no matter the time of day)
- a very spacious room - even though we were staying in probably the cheapest room available
- excellent décor - light and bright
- a 10-15 min easy walk from Sloane Sq. Also frequent buses from Sloane Sq (137 and 452)
- absolutely delicious buffet breakfast. High quality items.

We absolutely loved our stay. I cannot think of a single negative, and usually in my reviews, I can! This was our first stay in this hotel, and I'll certainly be returning next year.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family