“Brilliant” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #152 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Everything that I expected was there. Covered everything that you would need whilst away from home. Nice room and helpful and friendly staff. Spa facilities were also very good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Really enjoy this hotel when I stay in London , rooms are spacious with very comfortable beds and sheets , great views over battersea park or the iconic battersea power station if your facing either , staff friendly at tentative ... Only negative is sometimes it does take time to get a taxi first thing in the morning .... Highly recommended and I stay at many hotels !!

Stayed February 2014
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

My boyfriend booked this as a romantic trip for valentines. We drove into London and used the car park which is expensive if you arrive on a Friday, but great weekend rate of £5 a day. disappointed on arrival after struggling from car park to front of hotel no porter or anyone to help with the bags, or even offer to help us to our room. The room was lovely, enormous bed and lovely bathroom with a bath and a shower, The room was 4th floor over the front of the hotel which was not the best view but not noisy. Definitely not enough tea and coffee in the room, only 4 tiny milks we had to ask for more which I think in a 4 star hotel is not great. Also Wi-Fi is an extra if in your room, another thing which should be free when staying in a 4star hotel! We ate in the bar twice, the food was excellent my only complaint is the 12.5% surcharge which is added and says 'discretionary' which we didn't notice for the first day, but the second day we asked for it to be taken off and were asked 'why, did we have a complaint with the service' which I found very uncomfortable and made me feel like we should not have asked for it to be taken off. If this charge is discretionary it should not be added to the bill as a total, it should be under the total as discretionary so there is a choice when paying. Whilst I am on the complaining thing, the cooked breakfast is terrible I have had better in a B&B in Blackpool, the hot (which is cold) cooked breakfast is not kept warm under the lamps, the hotel needs to find another way to keep it hot. Bacon was greasy and hard, sausages were not plain they were Cumberland, mushrooms not cooked enough, need I go on. The toast was bought out with the tea, so if you had cereal by the time you wanted some toast that too was cold, and on the second day not even toasted more like bread. You just finish eating something and the plate is taken, I personally don't like someone there straight away when I have just finished my food.
The position of the hotel is good, we took a taxi in the evening and also walked into Oxford street on the second day a lot of walking but we like that, didn't try the bus or the underground to get to and from the hotel. Did not really find the staff over friendly, and staff talking in their native language whilst in the work environment, I personally find it rude they should be speaking English when at work.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Haverhill, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Where to start.. At first arrival late on a Friday night after a long day working, the reception staff were very helpful and we were checked in straight away! Straight up to our room and in immediate luxury. First thing that struck me was the ample size of the room. There was more than enough for the two of us and the decor was lovely. Everything felt quality.

The shower was excellent and with the bathroom being a wet room there was plenty of space to keep the towels away from the water. Small bottles of shampoo/shower gel were provided and replaced everyday. All the expected facilities were in order. Kettle, tea, cups etc. A nice sized desk and wardrobe space were also lovely features. As well as a nice quality television. The room was also provided with mood lighting, which was fun and made for a nice feel to the room late in the evening. The colours contrasted well but weren't to overpowering. A nice touch I feel.

The view from the room, for me, was great. I can understand for some people the image of Battersea Power Station looming over them might not be their cup of tea, but I enjoyed having the landmark outside my window. Below this was train tracks, however the trains can hardly be heard so prove no problem.

We never got to check out the spa or the dining facilities however I'm sure the standard of the hotel is continued throughout these.

The location of the hotel is great. Next to the Power Station, and a couple minutes walk away from the banks of the River Thames and the lovely Battersea Park where I was working. Next to the hotel is a small supermarket providing everything needed should it be required.

There is an underground car park right next to the hotel providing safe and secure parking. Costing £20 a day Mon-Sat and £4 all day on Sundays. With cheaper fees for shorter stays. I was able to keep my car at the event in the park but on Sunday I used the car park which was ideal.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at Pestana Chelsea Bridge and will definitely consider returning! If you book at the right time, the value for money is excellent!

Just excellent!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Rooms are light and spacious , staff very friendly.Breakfast was disorganised and a little disappointing, the staff have a habit of whistling away your plate the minute you rest from eating whether you have finished or not.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
New Romney, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

This was our first stay at the Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel, having read a few negative reviews but outweighed by the positive ones glad we booked.
Best decision ever!

Superb rooms and bathrooms worthy of five stars. We ate in the bar so cannot comment on the restaurant but the quality of food was excellent. Highly recommend and will be our go to hotel in London.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

I was worried at first that we may be a bit out of town as I had to attend a conference just by Westminster, but it was a breeze - hopped onto one of 4 buses right outside the hotel taking me to Sloane Square - then tubed it to Westminster - Simples !!!
As for the hotel - wow - it was amazing. Huge King size bed, lovely bathroom, great view over the city and onto Battersea power station, breakfast was excellent, service was attentive and polite - what more can you ask for - we will be staying here again. Ps - if you are down for a few days buy an Oyster card for the bus and tubes - I put £20 on mine and it got me around in and out of the conference for 3 days - it is also really east to get the overground train to Queenstown Road from say Waterloo and then its just a 5 min walk to the hotel. Thanks Pestana team - you now have two more loyal customers.

Room Tip: Not as difficult to get into London as you think from here on public transport