“Only a very short stay but seemed great”

Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel & Spa London
Ranked #143 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Bury, United Kingdom
“Only a very short stay but seemed great”
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night only at the Pestana for an evening business event in London. I didn't spend much time in the room but they were modern and very nice. They were decorated really well too and generous on size. The bathrooms were great too with a bath and shower. Enormous and comfy bed too. View over Battersea power station from my window but I wasn't there for sightseeing and spending time in room. Hotel very quick to help out with an iron and ironing board and responding to my call when I accidentally locked myself out of my room while returning the ironing board! Really lovely breakfast and friendly service too. Would look at staying again and having a proper look around the hotel.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Manchester
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed at the Chelsea Pestana Bridge as part of a group booking whilst myself and some colleagues attended the Best Companies Awards at Battersea Evolution.

Upon arrival at reception, we were greeted and checked in promptly by very friendly reception staff. The process was smooth and on first impressions the reception was modern, clean, spacious and very welcoming.

I was even more impressed when I got to my room and realised that I had been upgraded to a one bedroomed suite for which I have one word and that is AMAZING.
In my role as an Executive Assistant I have viewed lots of hotels and their Exec rooms but this was outstanding. Spacious, modern, all the facilities you could need, spotlessly clean and a wonderful size.
I had a view over Battersea Dogs Home and it was lovely to watch the dogs being walked in the morning. To the other side of my balcony was a beautiful view over London.

We spent time in the bar following the awards and there was no rush for you to leave despite it being the early hours of the morning, there were plenty of staff on hand to assist you with drinks and nothing was too much trouble.

Breakfast the following morning was lovely with a nice selection of breakfast options and some freshly squeezed orange juice which was topped up as many times as you liked.

From a business trip point of view this hotel was fantastic and I will endeavour to return with my partner for a couples trip as I would love him to experience the excellent service, atmosphere and the fabulous accommodation at this hotel.

As I said in the start of my review, we were attending the Best Companies Awards. Well Pestana Chelsea Bridge...I think you definitely deserve one!

Room Tip: If you have the option to take a suite you must do...absolutely beautiful!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Fafe, Portugal
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Excellent location, an exceptional staff, very clean and modern accomodations. An excellent service.
A very good hotel for business, tourism and visit our family, with a friendly staff and good amenities. I had a short stay but, in my next visit, I would use it. I recommend. Thank you!

Room Tip: Rooms are sunny and quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Excellent guest accommodation and very friendly staff. A relaxed atmosphere and easy access to central London.The room was of good size with wonderful bathroom though it would have been nice to have had a room with a view of old power station.

Room Tip: Choose a room with view
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 28 February 2014

What a pleasant surprise! This hotel meets American standards in everyway, from the beds to the size of the room and the service. Chelsea is a little far from the hustle and bustle of the city but the hotel was very affordable, modern, trendy, with excellent service. I highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014

This was our second stay at the Pestana stayed Valentines weekend and booked the valentine promotion, 3 course meal with a bottle of prosecco with access to the spa.. We had a lovely time & the food was very good no complaints.
My only disappointment was we were unable to get a treatment in the spa as it was fully booked till the Monday, we were checking out Sunday. I think maybe when you book especially if its a direct booking with the hotel it should be mentioned that you need to book spa treatments well in advance..
Other than that I had requested a late check-out when booking also double checked it was in place on arrival at check-in which it was however on the day of check-out reception called the room & were quite abrupt as to why we had not vacated our room I explained I had called & arranged late check-out & also reconfirmed this on arrival, his reply was "ok" and the line went dead!!! other than that had a lovely time & will definitely stay again...

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Brighton, UK
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Stayed here for one night when we went to the rugby at Twickenham, it was easy to get to from Victoria and reasonably priced. It was very clean, modern, well maintained and good sized rooms for a London hotel.

The spa was a nice addition too. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends