“Warm welcome in London”

Pestana Chelsea Bridge
Ranked #187 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Stay regularly on family trips to London from Yorkshire. The hotel is modern, exceptionally clean and the staff helpful, courteous & very pleasant - nothing is too much trouble. The food is excellent - breakfast, bar and evening meals and are all good value for money.
Rooms are roomy and warm with spacious bathrooms - bath & separate shower and the beds are big & comfy. The location is quiet and the rooms well insulated so a restful sleep is guaranteed.
Situation is good with a direct bus link to Kensington, Hyde Park corner and Oxford Street (137) or Victoria (44). Overlooks Battersea Park which is a lovely location and from the back you can see the Thames and many of London's landmarks.
We've been about 15 times in the last 2 years and find it a comfortable London base where we can relax and enjoy the experience. We would recommend it. Chelsea Bridge carries on the wonderful Pestana tradition that we have experienced in Madeira and Portugal & in June we are going to their new Hotel in Berlin. We anticipate nothing less than the best!

Room Tip: Stayed front & back and although the main train lines run behind the Hotel - the rooms are well...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,449)

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Couldn't get a room in the Victoria area and was offered this little gem as an alternative, we use a third party to book our business rooms, although a little further away, 5 minutes walk from Battersea Park Railway Station, but it was very nice, the staff were friendly and the rooms very clean and tidy, the breakfast was varied, well presented and very tasty and all good quality items, decent orange juice for example. It is clearly a hit with oversea visitors as there were many nationalities staying and it had a pleasant friendly bustle to it.

To cap it all off there was a fantastic view of Battersea Power station and the Thames! Crucially I'd stay here without hesitation if paying out of my own pocket!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We only stayed one night but a great hotel in a good location , very friendly helpful staff . We stayed in a one bed executive suite which was very clean and smart . Nice bar to sit in and good quality breakfast . Would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: Go for a suite !
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night only at the Pestana for an evening business event in London. I didn't spend much time in the room but they were modern and very nice. They were decorated really well too and generous on size. The bathrooms were great too with a bath and shower. Enormous and comfy bed too. View over Battersea power station from my window but I wasn't there for sightseeing and spending time in room. Hotel very quick to help out with an iron and ironing board and responding to my call when I accidentally locked myself out of my room while returning the ironing board! Really lovely breakfast and friendly service too. Would look at staying again and having a proper look around the hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed at the Chelsea Pestana Bridge as part of a group booking whilst myself and some colleagues attended the Best Companies Awards at Battersea Evolution.

Upon arrival at reception, we were greeted and checked in promptly by very friendly reception staff. The process was smooth and on first impressions the reception was modern, clean, spacious and very welcoming.

I was even more impressed when I got to my room and realised that I had been upgraded to a one bedroomed suite for which I have one word and that is AMAZING.
In my role as an Executive Assistant I have viewed lots of hotels and their Exec rooms but this was outstanding. Spacious, modern, all the facilities you could need, spotlessly clean and a wonderful size.
I had a view over Battersea Dogs Home and it was lovely to watch the dogs being walked in the morning. To the other side of my balcony was a beautiful view over London.

We spent time in the bar following the awards and there was no rush for you to leave despite it being the early hours of the morning, there were plenty of staff on hand to assist you with drinks and nothing was too much trouble.

Breakfast the following morning was lovely with a nice selection of breakfast options and some freshly squeezed orange juice which was topped up as many times as you liked.

From a business trip point of view this hotel was fantastic and I will endeavour to return with my partner for a couples trip as I would love him to experience the excellent service, atmosphere and the fabulous accommodation at this hotel.

As I said in the start of my review, we were attending the Best Companies Awards. Well Pestana Chelsea Bridge...I think you definitely deserve one!

Room Tip: If you have the option to take a suite you must do...absolutely beautiful!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Excellent location, an exceptional staff, very clean and modern accomodations. An excellent service.
A very good hotel for business, tourism and visit our family, with a friendly staff and good amenities. I had a short stay but, in my next visit, I would use it. I recommend. Thank you!

Room Tip: Rooms are sunny and quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Excellent guest accommodation and very friendly staff. A relaxed atmosphere and easy access to central London.The room was of good size with wonderful bathroom though it would have been nice to have had a room with a view of old power station.

Room Tip: Choose a room with view
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple