“Good Hotel”

Pestana Chelsea Bridge
Ranked #175 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My friend and I stayed there for two nights - when we arrived I asked if we could have a view over London, this was no trouble and we were given a room overlooking the work going on at Battersea and a view over London, which was ideal for us. There was no iron in the room, we contacted room service and one was delivered immediately. The room was clean the bathroom plently big enough. Battersea park is just opposite the hotel. Our price included a free continental breakfast, which I have to say was not great, but adequate - the staff were very efficient and friendly, and the orange juice kept flowing.
We didn't have time to use the spa as we ran out of time but both looked very good.
I also left an item of clothing behind and when I contacted the hotel, this was found for me and kept until it could be collected for me. Excellent service in my view.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed for two nights and this hotel was brilliant. The room was lovely and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We ate and drank at both the bar and the restaurant and both we great; fabulous food and wine. We didn't use the gym or spa just because we ran out of time but both looked very nice. The only slight negative is the closest underground station is a 15 - 20 minute walk away to get around however would I definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed one night with two kids and called the room service to order us a dinner. I have been told over the phone " sorry madam I'm busy with another customer I will give you a call later"
What is that kind of service ?
After I finally got the food I was not allowed to put it on the room number and needed to pay straight away ( it disturbed our dinner as I had to wait till the guy will go downstairs to bring a card machine to pay)..??!!!
I never had such an experience before in my life!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank inna2241
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel is just average in my opinion. The bed was not very comfortable and the room was small. On the plus side the room service food was actually was pretty good. The hotel is clean and modern and not far from most attractions in London. There's a small market/café located within walking distance from the hotel. I asked the front desk assistant to put me in a room facing the park, not the back of the hotel which faces train tracks. They accommodated my request with no problems. The bathroom was nice with a shower and a separate bathtub. The bathroom also had "mood lighting" (a blue light which you can turn off if you don't like it). I heard no noise from the street and the room had blackout curtains. Other than the uncomfortable bed and small room (I purchased the "family room" so I expected it to be larger) the hotel isn't bad. Although, when I return to London I'll be staying somewhere else.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the train tracks
2  Thank BrookeAB
Reviewed 5 August 2014

we were looking for a reasonably priced hotel, just for the one night and as a base to go and see a west end show. Imagine our delight to find not just excellent value for money - but with such great facilities and excellent staff too. We ate at the hotel bar and the meal was very good and priced competitively. Breakfast in the restaurant the next morning was super and the staff very acommodating - we only just made breakfast time by the skin of our teeth - but the welcome and service were just as good as they gave every customer -well done!

Best staff member - the doorman - he was our first impression of the hotel and his constant welcoming smile and helpfull manner (nothing was too much trouble) provide a great first impression of the hotel, which was continued throughout our stay by all the staff.

Room Tip: it doesn't matter - all the rooms are just as nice - we had a King room
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is easy access to victoria or sloan station via bus or walking. Vey nice hotel . Staff is frendly . Very quite nice pool i will definetly come back here again . Rooms are big and spacius love it. The free internet was a plus . It is locate right in front of the park and by the river which makes and good combination. To relax

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Love The Pestana, our second time here and hope it is not the last . Can't fault the staff, the cleanliness , the chilled out ambience.
Rooms have everything you could want, bed and bedding super. bathroom lovely, robes, toiletries and lots of lovely fluffy white towels.
We didn't get a chance to use the pool or spa this time but sure it is as lovely as last time.,
Breakfast great, you must be very fussy indeed if you could not find anything you like, massive selection, cereals, porridge, full English, fruit, pastries all in addition to tea, coffee, toast and preserves and orange juice served at your table, thought that they even improved the service from last visit (and we had no complaints then ).
So well done to all at The Pestana a team to be proud of.
thanks