Jeff Wayne's The War of The Worlds: The Immersive Experience
Review Highlights
The best so far!

The entire experience was brilliant! From the moment we walked in we felt we had been transported... read more

Reviewed 11 October 2020
sanjaylimbachya
via mobile
Fantastic

Had a fantastic time. Didn’t want it to end. Staff were amazing. Would highly recommend to anyone... read more

Reviewed 23 April 2020
siancoventry
Billericay, United Kingdom
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around London
from US$124.33
from US$81.49
from US$49.03
from US$20.95
More Info
All reviews virtual reality themed bar live action motion sickness real actors hot air balloon hg wells balloon ride musical version immersive theatre head sets minute break special effects brilliant actors their roles christmas present brilliant experience
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 January 2020 via mobile

Wow amazing what more can I say! Hubby loved it, every single part of it was so good, easy to find from aldgate Station, it was so good

2  Thank Lesley W
LayeredRealityUK, Guest Relations Manager at Jeff Wayne's The War of The Worlds: The Immersive Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2020

Wow, what a review! We enjoyed reading your comments. We hope you return to fight the martians with us again.

Reviewed 11 January 2020 via mobile

I brought tickets for this with money from Christmas and it was the most fun I have had in a long while, the actors and sets were amazing, bringing you into the experience and the use of VR took me even further, I am so glad I came and would go back again in a heartbeat.

1  Thank kizzyw2020

You survived! Thanks for the review. It’s great to hear that you had such a fun time with us. Please come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 10 January 2020

Just finished with the War of the worlds experience, and I have to say, as a HUGE WOTW fan - this was absolutely breathtaking and amazing. It was a genuine struggle not to roleplay back too hard the amazing actors (I larp), and the VR was honestly so much fun, I found myself laughing more than being afraid during those sections. Truly an amazing thing, 10/10 suggest if you're a fan of WOTW, and even if you aren't!

Date of experience: January 2020

Thanks for the lovely review. Your kind words are much appreciated. It’s great to hear that we exceeded your expectations. Keep an eye on our website for future experiences and we hope to see you there.

Reviewed 10 January 2020

Backstory warning: lifelong fan of wotw. Grew up with the 50s movie and the musical. As a kid I remember borrowing the 30s radio drama on cassette from the local library.

Against the typical comments, I enjoyed the Spielberg movie, dislike the drawn out BBC TV series and have even watched the asylum wotw movie (also known as invasion) though probably never will again.

I'm reading the book to my daughter and after every couple of chapters, we are listening to those chapters in the original version of Jeff Wayne's musical (we both prefer the original the the new generation).

I have the original vinyl which was played as entry music to school assembly during my primary school years.

However I missed the live on stage performance due to living too far away. Tickets, trains, hotels combined would equate a small holiday.

When this show appeared, I begged and pleaded my wife that we go and to no avail but as luck would have it I was passing by on a work trip by sheer chance. I knew it was in london but didn't know where.

THE ACTUAL REVIEW PART- beware spoilers

I rushed in and got a ticket to the next available show that night and was surprised how easy it was. I had expected higher demand. The box office is in a beautifully decorated themed bar with a Martian fighting machine that emits coloured smoke that let's it know when it's your turn to go through the tour.

Mean time you can get a themed cocktail or food but consider getting there early so you have time to eat as the show wont wait for you.

As you enter the tour, a performer takes you through to a room, explains the rules and how to use the vr headsets and sends you through to a theater.

At first I wasnt entirely impressed but giddy with excitement anyway especially when I heard The Eve Of The War.

Then through to a very impressive Ogilvy who's story plays out as per the book. The effects aren't the best in the world (you can see the technical equipment before you see it working) but the performance is brilliant. To me it compares with london dungeons. It's not supposed to be true to life accuracy but a show for the senses.

And all senses will be tested.

As the show goes on through pitch black horror (with Strobe effects!) crawling through holes in walls, riding a VERY effective sea (sea-sickness) simulator and talking to various characters you will recognize.

The VR as has been mentioned is iffy. It works but the effects (other guest's avatars) are a bit below expectations. Graphically compared to ps2. But it really doesnt take away from the awesomeness of it all IF you don't let it.

The red weed bar is fantastic and I'll recommend the red weed cocktail. The bar is card only -you have been warned.

The second half of the tour involves some scarier moments in the Spirit of Man section, a tube slide that I hurt my back in (stairs are available) and another projection show which I found more gave me more motion sickness than the boat ride.

The end of the show is another magical vr experience that I wont spoil and upon exiting the show you get your photo taken (£15 for one or there is a bundle for more) which I would have loved but the photographers hand was in the shot of one of them. I was offered the chance to go and have it retaken but declined.

There is some merchandise but not much. No shirts, but a much with the red weed art, the CD, the vinyl and some (£5) pens.

I'd highly recommend the experience to any fan, and cautiously recommend it to anyone who doesnt know the story at all if only for the experience but be realistic with your vr expectations. It's not VR from scifi movies.

Date of experience: January 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It’s great to see you enjoyed all the Layered Reality elements. Thanks for the recommendations! Please check out our website for upcoming experiences.

Reviewed 10 January 2020 via mobile

It's hard to give a review with out spoilers but we had the best time litterly my mind was blown the actors were amazing we went at the 2pm group on the 10th of Jan we were a group of 10 people and it was the perfect number everyone was great at joining in which really helped.

Every member of staff we meet were brilliant from the bar staff to the live actors and the vr sections were spot on both my self and my husband really enjoyed it

I am quite a nuevous person and if you don't like pitch black spaces then it's not for you but I made it through with just a few screams here and there

Honestly  best thing we've done in London in a while very immersive and a lot of fun

1  Thank Spinkyminky

Thank you for reviewing our experience. We enjoyed reading your comments. We’re very proud of the talented team we have here. Thank you for recognising this. We hope you return to visit us again soon.