“OK for a 1 night mid week stay above a pub”
Review of The William IV

The William IV
Ranked #350 of 563 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 March 2013

On arrival I had to wait about 5 minutes for a member of staff to check me in (this was early afternoon)as the bar staff could not check me in.
The room was large for a single, it had a desk, chest of draws, wardrobe, a double bed and plenty of room to walk around. Bathroom was a good size with a decent shower.
Think the rooms need updating but for the price you pay per night its liveable.
Staff were friendly, didn't have breakfast so can't comment.
As the rooms are above a pub, I would say its ok for mid week but rather noisy on the weekends (unless your joining the party downstairs).
It is about a 10/15 minute walk to the tube station which takes you into central London.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for The William IV

Reviewed 3 February 2013

just had lunch with my partener and kids cost £96 for 2 adult roast chicken 1 child roast chicken 1 roast veg[ kids ]1 bottle of red and 2 glasses red . 3 deserts .1 we didnt order but got charged for . lunch was cold, over cooked, and on cold plates .

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We stayed at william IVth from The 22nd december to The 26th december 2012.
The guest house is perfect, the rooms are clean up every day, comfortable, a negative feedback is the noisy; the rooms are located above the william bar. during
saturday night the bar pump up disco music til 3 am. For younger it's ok, maybe
also for a family. The staff is amazing... Friendly, available. Breakfast is
normally, during the week end you can also have the full English breakfast.
The location is great...it's not far from the Kensal green station (bakerloo
line) 10 mins by walk. Outside the station you should turn left a go away
harrow road. You find it on left side.
Unfortunately for us in the Christmas Day all tubes, shops everything are
closed, but if you feel free to walk in one hour you can reach Hyde Park.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 31 December 2012

I was usually going for their smaller rooms, but after the renovation I asked to look at some of the fancier ones. Upstairs they have one with a four-poster bed. The beds are comfortable and the covers are lush. I found it to be quiet and nice, though I'd imagine that booking around Carnival time would be a different story.

It's relatively accessible and the rooms were plenty large enough, as were the beds (I'm quite tall and can't stand small beds). I was on business, but I think I'll be coming back here with a lady.

Room Tip: Go upstairs - it only costs a tiny bit more, and if you ask they may cut you a discount.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 December 2012

we booked our wedding reception here it was a mistake.
we arrived to find the roof was leaking onto our dinner tables we had to ask for it to be cleared.
The food took hours to be served. some people did not get any food for ages.
They told us that we could use their sound system for the evening reception only to find out that the speakers were not working. so we had no music till 10pm. and if you complain to the area manager he is not interested at all. when we said we will write to head office. he was not bothered saying that they wont care.
All in all they ruined our day!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Everything was perfect. I stayed there over the weekend. I was told they have dis playing over the weekend. I spoke to manager and explained to him that I need rest after long traveling.
I was moved to the top floor and I couldn't hear any music.
Room was perfect. Good size room with new furniture
Staff was really nice and helpful.
I was told they are doing cocked breakfast over the
weekend, so I decided to wake up earlier than usually to try it. It was perfect.
I will be coming back.
Good value for the money.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I've been staying here on and off over the last few years (when I can't get into my preferred London hotel in W9). The rooms were cheap but good and I could get a meal and work on my laptop in the bar; met a few locals and generally was looked after well by friendly staff. Sometimes there were failings in the booking system but nothing catastrophic. However with my latest booking I turned up tired and hungry after travelling from Scotland and was told there was no booking. I had booked by phone and been given a price and room number which had all been agreed and confirmed. When I arrived I was told my booking had been changed to another hotel, in Kilburn (clearly an improvised lie) and the barmaid handling my booking was not able to help me, but kept phoning someone for instruction while I waited, eventually without being given a room, or an apology, or compensation. I found a room at The Edward Hotel near Paddington which was a little more pricey but stunningly efficient in comparison, nearer the centre of town and restaurants, tube stations etc. I won't be coming back after this total failure of service. Beware.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 3 as it is the size of a bed + 12 inches on two sides of it. Don't stay...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business