“Exquisite food, amazing service”

Sagar Vegetarian Covent Garden Restaurant
Ranked #1,771 of 23,009 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
London
“Exquisite food, amazing service”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We turned up as a party of 13. The Sagar team managed to deliver all delicious dishes at the same time.

We had a large selection of starters. The samosas were particularly divine. My main was a paneer dosa - the pancake was perfect and the filling so full of flavour.

Each and every one of our party had a great time (especially with the ever-increasing poori sizes!) and were very complimentary about the food. It is as good as the best restaurant I visited after 6 weeks in India, and the value for money is unbeatable.

Oh, and the lassis....mmmmmmmmmm

Shanghai, China
“Delicious food and good value”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I was very impressed with this vegetarian Indian restaurant near Covent Garden. The service was good and the staff were friendly. The food was really good and there was a lot of choice. We had a good amount of food, including pudding and 2 bottles of wine for the table, and the whole thing came to £22 each - which is especially cheap for central London! Very impressed and highly recommended.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Good south Indian food in London”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

The restaurant is not very spacious but the food served is very nice.
The staff is very courteous and try their Mango Lassi...

South Indian cuisines are better than others on the Menu.

Overall I would say, Not bad.. can try once..

“Reasonable”
Reviewed 8 December 2012 via mobile

Went there for a family meal, which suits me as I get to eat everyone's leftovers - or at least try every dish on the table. No dish overwhelmed but nothing terrible either. It can be hard to find good food in that part of London - this is at the least reasonable. (I thought their branch on Percy Street better).

London, England, United Kingdom
“Meh...”
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Yeah, I was excited that this was going to be an all-veggie establishment - we had two lovely veggie friends visiting London coming with us, so this seemed ideal. But I don't think it's necessarily fair to give out too much credit just for being vegetarian - I'm going to rate this alongside other Indian/Pakistani places on its merits, and that done, I'd have to say it was average. Nothing made me go 'ooo', and we had both of the available thalis. Not that it wasn't nice - and they do throw in a dumpling-type rice pudding in each thali, but the curry was good, not great, and a little on the bland side. Perhaps this is just Covent Garden living up to its usual clinical and touristy name, in which case the sister restaurant might be worth a go. Service was good and the prices reasonable, and the restaurant itself is nice but not, you know, amazing.

• Visited May 2012