“Just what you want in LONDON”

W London Leicester Square
Ranked #391 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Stayed at the W twice in three weeks both for business and pleasure and this hotel is awesome. Staff are outgoing, friendly and definately have a Whatever, Whenever attitude :) Hotel finishings are great and its equipped with a Cinema, an amazing nightclub overlooking Leicester square and WOW the GYM - totally top of its class :) Feels like you are in a discotheque most of the time with disco balls on every floor. Food is great and we dined at the spice market one night with excellent wine list and good value for money prices. All in all I LOVE IT and will stay there again.

Room Tip: Room 518 or 618 - these are corner rooms overlooking piccadilly circus :) great views and spacious
2  Thank rjs777
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Dear rjs777

Thank you very much for your amazing review. It does make me very proud to read that our talents did showcase our Whatever/Whenever philosophy at all times. I am glad you enjoyed the food and the wine list at Spice Market and followed your way around our glitter balls to the Lounge Bar to enjoy a great evening.

I am very much looking forward to welcoming you back very soon to W London!

Reviewed 30 January 2012

The hotel is conveniently located just off the square (basically in Chinatown) and is walking distance (2-3 mins) to the center of the square or to Piccadilly. If you are familiar with the LS area you know its definitely busy busy busy and at times can be worth the carnival ride on every corner and at other times, the novelty wears very thin. If you are planning on a near term upcoming stay, I would truthfully avoid the area since it is under construction due to the upgrades to a lot of the major pedestrian areas around London (Olympic prep). It is extremely muddy this time of year, which makes for a miserable morning commute.

About the hotel:

Pros:
1. The hotel may come across as a bit off putting when first glanced due to the very brightly lit facade, but once inside, it is a nice crisp clean atmosphere that one would be accustomed to with the W name. It can be a bit overwhelming, but it is very updated and the common areas are clean.
2. I've now stayed a couple times and have stayed in a standard room as well as a multi room suite. I will say that it is very unique no matter the room and the sink layout are actually pretty convenient. You walk into the room and are taking aback by the sink placement, but I can say that you got used to it fast and that it worked out pretty well given the shower placement.
3. The entire room decor and feel is actually pretty nice and if you have stayed in any other W in major cities such as New York (where the rooms, especially the W on Lex, are like old railroad apartments that were painted over with a trendy paintbrush), you'll think this is a welcome change.
4.The staff was pretty friendly so no major reports there.
5. The room service was okay, nothing to write home about

Again, if you want something that is very clean ,comfortable and new and is very center to a lot of activity and hustle and bustle then this really was a good fit.
If you arent into the hustle and occasional carnival act of LS, then I would suggest somewhere else, (Chelsea or Belgravia is a good in between).

Room Tip: If you can't get upgraded or aren't paying for a larger suite see if they have any rooms on...

Dear bryanchr

Thank you so much for your detailed review. It makes me very happy after the hotel being open now for one year to the day that you found our talents to be accommodating and enjoyed the styling of various of our rooms throughout your times with us.

I am very much looking forward to welcoming you back to W London very soon! There is so much to be explored in the Leicester Square area and at W London!

Reviewed 28 January 2012

I recently traveled to London as part of a European vacation and thought I would splurge and stay one night at the W. I ended up staying three!!! I loved this hotel. It was right in the heart of everything. The staff was fantastic , extremely accommodating they asked me to tap dance for directions and then gave me a box of mints for my efforts. Highly recommend this hotel. I have a thing for W's and this one is a favorite.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo

Dear Kara T

Great to read your very positive comments about your stay here at W London! It is a shame I did miss the "tap dance" but am very happy that our talents did provide a unique whatever/whenever experience for you.

I do hope when your plans do take you back to London, we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to W London!

all the best

Reviewed 26 January 2012

Recently stayed at the W Hotel in Leicester Square in London. Room was great, service was great, staff was great, location was great. Within walking distance to all major attractions. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank GSP67
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

Dear GSP67

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London. I am so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and your raving comments!

I hope to see you return to W London very soon!

Ian

I hope we see you return to W London very soon.

Reviewed 26 January 2012

I just spent three nights at the W Leicester Square - this, ultra hip hotel is conveniently located 2 minutes off the tube but at first blush - the hotel's high concept design is a little off putting. I needed a few minutes to find the bathroom in my room and operating the fabulous shower made me wish for a instruction manual. But the hotel delivers great value, excellent service, good food, a good spa, a 24 hour gym with a view (!) and and overall a great London experience. All the staff were helpful - but without a doubt the best part of my experience was the concierge service - when they say "whatever, whenever" at Leicester Square they mean it. It was the beginning of Chinese New Year and the W is on the edge of Chinatown, but the lead concierge Josh took care of everything from getting us reservations at a restaurant that was completely full to offering late checkout and fixing the problems with my reservations in the system. His can do attitude, in depth knowledge of London and uncanny ability to sense what I needed before I asked made this trip memorable in all the right ways. Josh and his team made the W an amazing home away from home.

Room Tip: Upper floors are quieter, ask for a room on the 5th or 6th floor.
1  Thank MLH325

Dear MLH325

Thank you very much for your terrific review! I am very happy about your wonderful comments about Joshs' "can do" attitude and it is amazing to read that him and his team brought the "whatever/whenever" philosophy alive!

I do hope that when you travel back to London, W London will be your hotel of choice!

Reviewed 24 January 2012

We stayed 3 days at the W Hotel Leicester Square as part of a business and leisure trip. A brand new hotel in the middle of London nearby Piccadilly and Soho. A trendy and innovative design. (You have to appreciate this) We booked the fabulous room at the Starwood (Westin, Sheraton) website and were requested online to upgrade the room. So we did: the cool corner room. We arrived early friday, checked in and left our luggage at the lobby and by being welcomed with a refreshing drink.
The room couldn't be upgraded and we got a room at the 7th floor. We left our mobile number to receive a message when the room was ready. At 15.00 we received a call that the room was ready. At 17.00 we returned to the hotel for a couple of cocktails at the Wyld bar. A great atmosphere and crowded with stylish London people and hotel guests.
The room was fantastic with ambient light and the bathroom in the middle. We left for dinner and got back at the bar at 23.30. The bar manager introduced himself and asked if we were hotel guests. He fixed us a lounge table and a drink after one of the younger staff stumbling asked us to leave a table regarding an upcoming party. The club was closed but a dj pumped up the beat at the bar. Good sound and dancing people everywhere. Got to the room at 02.30. Next day great breakfast at the Spice Market and left for shopping and gallery exhibitions. At night we returned at the Wyld bar and we saw that the club was open with several people getting in and out. We asked the door lady to enter the club but were rudely told that the club was full and for safety reasons we couldn't get in (?). We don't look bad are not poor or old but I would have fired her directly if it was my firm! Again the Wyld bar manager hopped in and fixed us again a drink. He and the Argentinian doorman and the Dutch lobby guy understood service and how to treat SPG members. We stayed till 02.00 and heard from locals that the bar is better than the club. Summarizing: great new hotel, fantastic atmosphere, great room but some of the staff must grow up....
(We understood later that the club was private held...)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2012

What a stunning hotel! Everything about it was amazing! Our room was not huge, but it had everything you would need from the crazy sink in the middle of the room to the hidden wardrobes, toilet and shower!
Great location! Just perfect!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple