First off, I just want to say that I don't have much experience with hotels in Europe. However, I have stayed at other W hotels and this was by far the the disappointing experience I've had. I stayed for about 2 weeks in a suite with my family.
1. This hotel turns into a nightclub at night. They rope off the entrance and have what I think were bouncers at the door. I was told by a hotel manager once that any stay past 4 days is considered a "long term" guest so most staff will remember your name. But not this hotel. Every night, when coming in from dinner, I had to get "checked" at the door and have to flash my hotel room card.
2. From 7pm onwards, they have a live DJ and the music is loud. Maybe it's the design of the hotel but we heard the heavy bass from our 3rd floor room. The vibrations were strong enough to move a water in a glass....like Jurassic park. We asked to be moved but still ended up hearing the thump thump thump from the 5th floor. I've never had this issue with other W hotels I've stayed at. Perhaps it was a sign when in the amenities tray, they included 2 pairs of ear plugs.
3. As other reviewers have said, the room layout is just plain weird. A sink in the middle of the room? Who's idea was this? The giant half naked girl pasted across the bathroom wall is hard to explain to 2 little kids. Don't even get me started on the pic in the gym! And the hallways are dark. Really really dark. I almost felt like I needed a flashlight.
4. WiFi is really slow. It was faster across the street at the Pret a Manger. The rooms were the smallest W hotel rooms I've seen but again, this might be the norm for London hotels.
The staff seemed nice enough but it was impossible to tell who was working there and who was just hanging out in the lobby.
5. The location is very good; within walking distance to many attractions. I wasn't expecting the hotel to be in the bar area of town. Lots of drunken swearing people after 8. There were the inevitable fights at 3am. I suppose I wouldn't have woken up if I had put on the darn ear plugs.
I would not recommend this hotel for families or anyone who has to get up early in the morning to go to work. It might be exciting for young singles or couples on holiday who plan to go out every night. As it is though, I'm probably too old for this type of hotel anyway and am unlikely to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sophisticated and quirky, glamorous and decadent, W London - Leicester Square crystallizes the quintessential dual personality of the British soul. Located steps away from theatre land, the catwalks of Brewer Street and Soho’s electric nightlife, the hotel - like the city itself - is a bold contrast of themes, colors, textures and characters. Experience luxury comfort and the vibrant decor of our rooms and suites, your ultimate pit stop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your W London Leicester Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w London Leicester Square Hotel London