2,185 results
All reviewsspectacular roomcool corner roommirrored doorsbliss productsspg platinumwow suiteshower and toilethip hoteldoor stafffirst floorhotel barpiccadilly circuswest endregent streetroom keyan upgradecentral location
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Great location close to many London attractions, museums, SOHO, theater, and restaurants. W has a popular bar area, especially on the weekend. The restaurant is outstanding high end Asian fusion type food as well as a nice breakfast buffet. Service was exceptional from the bellman, front desk, concierge, maid and restaurant. The service was exceptionally good. I travel literally every week and they were great.
Only disappointment was my room was very small with an odd set up of one sink in the main room area instead of the bathroom. This was inconvenient for my wife and I to share in the small room. I tried upgrading to a suite several weeks in advance since I am a Starwood Platimum member but was not able to. I highly recommend the W Hotel dispute the small room but try to get a larger room or a suite.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite or at least a larger room with a bathroom with a sink.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Dear Jfrao,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London Leicester Square. I’m very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us.

I am delighted that you experienced exceptional service from our front of house teams as they are working very hard to meet the high standards that we expect at W London. I’m glad to hear that we are getting it right.

Regarding the room upgrade for Platinum SPG members, I would like to explain that whilst we are more than happy to upgrade you when we can, this very much depends upon availability. Therefore, when we are experiencing full occupancy it is impossible to grant. I can understand the disappointment this may cause but hoping you can understand that we will grant this subject to availability.

Jfrao, I hope we see you return to W London very soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Nice Hotel in a very good location, next to China Town and you can walk to many places in a good weather

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

Dear Khokha,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit to W London.

I am glad that you had a great experience on this visit.

See you next time.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

This is my second stay at the W London this year, and it didn't dissapoint. Service is personalized and proactive! Location is great with easy access to the Tube, and pleanty of options for food and shopping just outside the door. Rooms here are clean, well appointed, and best of all quiet. This hotel is my first choice when travelling in London!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Dear Brian

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London Leicester Square. It’s fantastic to hear that we are your hotel of choice in London!

See you soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

As I start all reviews, please take a look and see how many hotels I've reviewed, I'm not a jaded one time traveler. I travel often and feel I have a good base to write a good overall review.
I'd also like to add that this was not my first stay at this location. We stayed shortly after their grand opening last spring. During that stay we encountered many "glitches" which we thought were all part of a new hotel so I didn't opt to write a review at that time. With that said we decided to return to the W because of its central location and we thought the issues we encountered last year would long be ironed out.
First you cant beat the location, it is central to everything! We were able to walk just about everywhere and those places that were a bit too far, the tube is just a block away. Leicester Square is very very busy and full of very touristy things. Many restaurants surrounding the hotel. I'd recommend walking a block or two in any direction and find something that isn't a chain.
The rooms, yes as all the other reviews report the rooms are odd, they are average size for Europe but the mirrors make it appear far larger.
During our stay last year which was short we didn't think much of the odd room, W thinks out of the box. I must report the "style" is very good. It looks very posh and modern but since this stay was longer we found functionally it SUCKS! I have no idea how a woman could get ready. The closet is also very odd and we found it hard to put things away. There was no dresser and the area to hang items could only accommodate about 6 things.
If you're traveling with friends or a colleague I'd like to say that you have no privacy. The WC has a mirror door that doesn't seal tight, so again privacy is something you don't have. If you're traveling with your spouse/partner and you've been together for a while, you'll be fine. The bed was comfortable as you'd expect with a higher end hotel. The sink area is large but to store your items there are small shelves w/ trays along the sides that aren't very useful and the trash is on the opposite side.
I don't know what the other reviews which speak of the room not having "blackout" shades. They very much do and work very well. Our room was at the top next to the big "W" which is very bright and we couldn't see it after the shades were down. I'd also like to say that having a room has high as possible does make a difference as to the sounds from the club/bar would be disruptive on lower floors.
How the temperature is regulated in the room was something we could not figure out even after a week. It was either very hot or so cold, not sure. We thought just leaving the room key in the power slot thing, even when we weren't there would help, it didn't. The shag carpet does not appear clean, granted its dark. Once pulled back there was a HUGE stain on the floor under the rug, I don't know what it was but I found it very gross.
When we checked in and reached the room we found a card and piece of birthday cake (not for us) I promptly called the front desk and was told it would be picked up right away. When we were headed out for lunch we stopped by the front desk and told them again, the young man said "I'm sorry I can't believe they haven't got it yet" he proceeded to go on about the person who was going to check in was having a birthday Blah blah blah... In the end 3 hours passed before they got it and I think that's ridiculous. They did know we were celebrating our anniversary and did do something special for us which I think is great.
One of the biggest disappointment was after having late night cocktails using the glasses on the minibar it wasn't until 2 days after that the glasses were "replaced" but sadly they weren't replaced it looks like they were rinsed out (not even dried) one of the glasses had a hair on it, and either of us are blonde. I found that so disgusting.
Entering the hotel is like a high end club, at night while I very much understand the need for security I found it a bit frustrating to need to prove I'm a guest. I'd also like to add that the elevators reek of smoke at night because of all the people at the bar / club need to go downstairs to smoke. The bar/club are nice and I'd very much recommend getting a cocktail or three there, great people watching and their bartenders are VERY friendly and watching them "mix" truly amazing. As w/ other W hotels they fill the place with "pretty" people. We couldn't get into the club as they were having a white party and only one of us was in white. While I've been to many white parties and I get them, I still think its a shame to turn away paying hotel guests who I'd guarantee would outspend any of kids that they invited in 10 to 1, but in the end sitting in the bar was a good time.
I think the fact that the hotel doesn't offer wifi free to SPG customers is crazy! as another review wrote wifi is NOT an amenity but a utility and nickel and diming your customers is something I don't agree with. The lobby and restaurant both have free wifi so if you don't want to pay their outrageous prices, you can always use theirs.
The onsite restaurant is really OUTSTANDING!!! Breakfast is expensive but great! Best eggs benedict I've ever had. Evening dinner also very good. One night we just got a salad and their 2 appetizers and it was plenty. Just a tip for Americans and we often forget when traveling outside the US. Service in restaurants in general is slow. Servers take their time and don't bring the bill until you ask. Just keep that in mind.

Overall I would not rank the hotel 5 star? No. Its a solid 4, but does not offer the amenities or service you'd get at a true 5 star. The staff does not go out of their way for you and while nice, the rooms and hotel in general aren't really up to par at least an American 5 star. The service overall is ok. At check-in, the young man seemed very new, he was nice but was just ok. The concierge at the hotel seemed to have an attitude and acted as if we were bothering him. Prior to our arrival was was in contact w/ Nicola who was GREAT. She offered great recommendations and made sure we had reservations. I wish their entire staff was that friendly.
Would I stay here again? No. while were both in our early thirties, its a bit too hip for us and honestly I prefer true 5 star treatment all the way around. If you've already made your reservations I'd say if your coming in from LHR the Piccadilly line does take about 45min/ 1 hour. it drops you off very close, its also very cheap and you don't have to change train like the Heathrow Express. I know that cabs cost over $100/ each way. Overall London is one of my fav destinations and if you're there for pleasure you're going to have a great time.
Cheers!

Room Tip: High Floor!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matthieu25

Dear Mattieu,

Thank you for taking the time to share such extensive feedback regarding your recent stay with us at W London. I appreciate all of your constructive comments which we have taken on board.

There are quite a few issues raised here which I would be happy to discuss with you personally if you have any time to contact me directly. My assistant, Denne Dempsey would be happy to help with this appointment.

Reviewed 16 June 2012

Where ever we travel W is always a priority. Coming from W Istanbul, Turkey we had very high expectations for Wlondon, However, W London was a disappointment! Rooms were extremely small, washrooms are so small it reminds one of an airplane. You can not use the toilet or shower without bumping around the walls. We were in for 5 nights, for the first two days house keeping never showed up. There is no evening turn down service. In all the other W hotels we have stayed house keeping would always do an evening service in which they would also leave chocolates and complimentary water. The lobby is on the first floor, and hotel entrance is on the ground floor. So basically the only time we actually visited the lobby was during checkout and checkin. There was zero interaction with staff or other hotel guests and felt as if we were living in a small dark box.

there was one positive during our stay, the conceirge was able to get last minute reservations in all the top resturants of london.

bottom line, for what you will be paying for this hotel you can def find a better one, prob for much cheaper.

Room Tip: ask for a larger room, don't stay in room 405
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank AsadShafi

Dear Asad,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at w London. I am very sorry to hear that your visit was not a more positive experience on this occasion.

If you would like to address any of the above issues personally please feel free to contact me directly as I would be more than happy to do so.

Again, I would like to apologise that your stay was disappointing.