“wonderful experience”

Ranked #384 of 1,067 Hotels in London
New York City, New York
“wonderful experience”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

The online outreach prior to my getting there, and the on-site support of the team was outstanding, and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, paritcularly SPG rewards types like myself.

1 Thank jdheit
, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Dear Jheidt,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am delighted to hear that you were made to feel special by our fabulous W Insider team who reached out to you prior to your visit to W London.

It is great to hear that our Whatever Whenever service is working as we were hoping it would. We do like to pay extra special attention to all of SPG guests

Regards,
Ian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Booked the hotel for its location. Had no idea what W hotels were like.
Absolutely delighted with the excellent service we received.
Got upgraded with a caution that the upgraded room was above the nightclub. It was noisy but the fabulous bathroom more than made up for the drum and beat!
Staff were exceptional. Charming, polite and could not do enough to help.
The room was like something out of Barbarella and the hotel is seriously hip. despite not being seriously hip myself, it didn't matter as the service and facilities coupled with a great location made this a first class experience. Keep it up! Will definitely be back and will look at W hotels in other locations without hesitation now.

Room Tip: If you want a good nights sleep stay in the higher floored rooms
2 Thank kittycanard
, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
Dear Kitty,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London Leicester Square. I am really pleased to hear that you are a new W convert!

I am very happy that you were well looked after by our friendly staff and that you loved our fabulous bathroom in your suite.

I hope we are able to welcome you back to us in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 June 2012

As is common with the W Hotel chain, this hotel seemed to be the place to be seen on the Saturday night we were there. The anger from the fact that British Airways delays caused a 24 hour layover was quickly abated once we stepped into the W.

All staff were friendly, well dressed and willing to help in any way required. And the lobby was packed out with glammed-up 20-somethings swanning arond.

The rooms were ultra-modern with shower and toilet almost invisible - hidden behind mirrored glass that you'd think would be a wardrobe. And a sink in the middle of the entrance area... of course it is.

The bed was very comfy and the blinds could be drawn to pitch black but the only quirk is that to operate the electronically controlled lights you do need a degree in electronic engineering - they're almost too funky to be easily tuned on and off.

Finally the location is hard to beat, right among the action in Leicester Square and a short stroll to Trafalgar Square, The Mall, the River and most major attractions.

Very fun place to stay.

1 Thank Travis J
Dear Travj1234,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London Leicester Square. I am very happy that we managed to exceed your expectations on this visit.

It is nice to know that we turned your day around and you had a chance to enjoy our fabulous location.

I am also pleased to hear that you appreciated our unique design features and in particular our very comfortable beds.

London, UK
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I used some of my well earned points to stay at this hotel. I had the option of the Meridien Piccadilly, Park Lane Sheraton and the W all close to each other. Based on the reviews (and cost), I opted for this one and I was not disappointed.

The lobby is on the first floor and is just 3 desks with hip young things checking you in with the fancy lounge next to it.

Our room was strangely arranged to say the least and I am not sure if I liked the 'sink in the middle of the room' arrangement but I worked with it. Compact is how I would describe the room with enough lcd lighting to keep a light sleeper awake. We had to drape the blanket over the TV to camouflage the lcd lights; unplug the phones to stop them beeping, use a piece of card to cover the bright green fire alarm lcd and remove the card key to switch off the motion sensor operated toilet light which was constantly on...so not a great night's sleep..

We went to the bar and club in the evening and although both were packed, mentioning that we were guests at the hotel managed to get us a lovely sofa and then into the club that holds only 90 people (and plays various versions of urban tunes). Drinks are expensive (£15 for a cocktail and about £4.50 for a single spirit) but they are not measured and hit the spot very quickly!

On the Sunday was the last England Euro 2012 game and we were going to go to the Sports Cafe but opted to see if they were showing it at the W. They have a screening room which holds about 40 people and they had it on the big screen...with a waitress taking orders. Nice.

Not sure I would pay to stay here when there are so many other similar options in the area but if I want to stay in that area of London again - I would definitely use my points for this Sheraton hotel.

Oh...and there is a rain shower...

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Dear Deneshae,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London. I am very pleased to hear that we managed to exceed your expectations.

I am especially happy to hear that you enjoyed the use of our lovely Screening Room watching the Euro 2012 games. Stay tuned on our Facebook page for more W happenings.

New York
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Great location close to many London attractions, museums, SOHO, theater, and restaurants. W has a popular bar area, especially on the weekend. The restaurant is outstanding high end Asian fusion type food as well as a nice breakfast buffet. Service was exceptional from the bellman, front desk, concierge, maid and restaurant. The service was exceptionally good. I travel literally every week and they were great.
Only disappointment was my room was very small with an odd set up of one sink in the main room area instead of the bathroom. This was inconvenient for my wife and I to share in the small room. I tried upgrading to a suite several weeks in advance since I am a Starwood Platimum member but was not able to. I highly recommend the W Hotel dispute the small room but try to get a larger room or a suite.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite or at least a larger room with a bathroom with a sink.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
Dear Jfrao,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London Leicester Square. I’m very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us.

I am delighted that you experienced exceptional service from our front of house teams as they are working very hard to meet the high standards that we expect at W London. I’m glad to hear that we are getting it right.

Regarding the room upgrade for Platinum SPG members, I would like to explain that whilst we are more than happy to upgrade you when we can, this very much depends upon availability. Therefore, when we are experiencing full occupancy it is impossible to grant. I can understand the disappointment this may cause but hoping you can understand that we will grant this subject to availability.

Jfrao, I hope we see you return to W London very soon.

Dhahrn
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Nice Hotel in a very good location, next to China Town and you can walk to many places in a good weather

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
Dear Khokha,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit to W London.

I am glad that you had a great experience on this visit.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 June 2012

This is my second stay at the W London this year, and it didn't dissapoint. Service is personalized and proactive! Location is great with easy access to the Tube, and pleanty of options for food and shopping just outside the door. Rooms here are clean, well appointed, and best of all quiet. This hotel is my first choice when travelling in London!

Dear Brian

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London Leicester Square. It’s fantastic to hear that we are your hotel of choice in London!

See you soon.