“Great Service, Perfect Location”

W London Leicester Square
Ranked #392 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Hong Kong, China
“Great Service, Perfect Location”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I am a little bias because I landed at 4:50am or so and was at the hotel before 6am, and they still let me check-in. That was really nice and made pretty much anything else that happened on the experience very acceptable. However, the rest of the stuff was just as nice and very helpful and friendly.

I was given room 314, which is right above the bar. The gentleman who checked me in said that he was happy to give me a room though it was early, but he would note it for me that if I wanted to change it later to a higher floor, that I could. He was right about the noise, but it was not too bad, but they definitely party hard until about 3:15am, so be aware. I was facing the square too, which was great for people watching during jetlag.

The hotel is near everything, so don't worry about finding something. It's right behind Chinatown, near many 24 hour shops and a few restaurants, and closest to the Leicester Square tube stop.

The room was really well designed; in fact, I quite liked the central bar area which served as the sink and desk. If I were traveling with the wife though, it would have been good to have another stool. The room has a generous safe (with a powerport!) and it has good shower. For GBP34 you can have unlimited internet on up to 3 devices (finally!) and watch any movie you want. Much better than if bought internet and any one item more.

I would highly recommend the hotel, though I would suggest a higher floor, not facing the square, unless you are a strong sleeper or severely jetlagged. But other than that, It's great.

Room Tip: Don't face the square, and get a higher floor to avoid the party noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dear Azhkman,

Thank you for sharing your great feedback. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square and that everything was to your satisfaction. Your warm notes on my team are greatly appreciated and I will certainly share these with my entire team.

In the meantime, I look forward to your return.

Ian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
West Coast
Reviewed 13 August 2013

If you're into a modern, eclectic experience in a great location, the W London is for you. From the mirrored-wall that opens to a bathroom to the sink/desk combo, the W is funky to say the least, but in a good way. Step out the door and you're minutes from anything the West End has to offer. A solid W offering.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear JBGlobal2,

Thank you for sharing your great review. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us at W London – Leicester Square.

I look forward to your return to W London – Leicester Square soon.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 12 August 2013

One of the better W Hotels in the world that I've visited.

Location is fantastic; in SoHo, close to almost everything we did on our trip from restaurants, bars, museums, etc. SoHo has gentrified a lot and it was mobbed with tourists during our August visit, but all in all, an excellent location if you don't need to stay in the poshest Central London neighborhoods (which do of course have more exclusive and exceptional London hotels than the W).

The staff went above and beyond what I am accustomed to at W Hotels - without our prompting, they delivered a Birthday Cupcake with a candle in it on his birthday (they must have read it from the passport - excellent and welcome touch), they also called to ensure we were enjoying our stay. Concierge was courteous and knowledgeable.

Gym was excellent with neat views over the city; though I *hate* TechnoGym equipment and wish Starwood would move over to PreCor, which are far more user friendly.

All in all - *especially* for a Starwood property - this is an excellent London choice.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RobertGrunnah
Dear RobertGrunnah,

Thank you sharing your feedback. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square including our excellent location and the service provided to you by my Team. These warming notes hold great value and I will definitely be sharing these with my entire team.

I hope to welcome you back to W London – Leicester Square soon.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 12 August 2013

W Hotel is a posh hotel in a very central location in London, next to Piccadilly Circus. We liked the hotel, even though they have a problem with the security staff, which is sometimes rude and over motivated. Instead of protecting the hotel guests from the disco guests at the same place, they show their muscles and no brain at all. After our complaints with the management, the problem was solved, thanks to Mareike, the manager on duty, which understood the problem and solved it immediately. She has been very understanding, extremely friendly and helpful: Chapeau!

The hotel itself is well main-tenant, young, funky, and very stylish. The beds are wonderful and the room itself fairly big compared with other hotels in London or Paris. The room is clean, functional and nicely furnished. If you are young (or at least young at heart) you will like this posh hotel next to Piccadilly Circus and China Town. The afternoon tea is a modern interpretation of the old English tradition; good combination between sweet and sour :-) and big portions. We could not eat it up, there was plenty of food.

The hotel staff is wonderful, helpful and very well trained. We enjoyed our stay very much and will come back soon. We felt at home, because problems have been solved immediately and we have been treated not like guests, but as members of the W family. Thank you for this remarkable stay!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Urs K
Dear Urs K,

Thank you for sharing your feedback, I am very pleased to hear your enjoyed your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square.

I was also pleased to hear that Marieke was able to assist you whist returning to the hotel. Your kind words on my team are greatly appreciated and I will certainly be sharing these with all of them.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Location is great, my suite was awesome, huge gym, staff very attentive to every need, bar was top notch, and food was some of the best. I had a blast here! I was on business and could work from my room without any issues. This is my top pick in London and ill be back.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank dsdavis
Dear dsdavis,

Thank you for sharing your great review. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square including the services provided to you by my team. Your kind note on my team is greatly appreciated and I will certainly thank them personally and share your review with all of them.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Orlando, FL.
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I was a guest at the W Hotel London Leicester Square for two nights. As you enter the hotel from street level, be advised that the reception is located on the first floor so simply take the lift up one level for check-in. I used Starwood points for my stay as this hotel is always extremely high priced. The location of the hotel is perfect. You are right in the heart of central London and can easily walk to many of the best attractions. The rooms are extremely quirky. As you enter your room, you are met with a large counter with your sink at the front end. This means that you will do your shaving, teeth brushing, etc. in the middle of the hotel room. They do provide an oversized desk mirror with light to assist with these functions. The toilet and shower are in separate compartments and hidden with panels in the wall. The shower is excellent with both overhead and hand-held sprayers. My only complaint about the room is that the shower mat could not be layed flat on the floor outside of the shower because there wasn't enough room between the floor and the bottom of the shower door. The bed is very comfortable and there are plenty of good channels to watch. The view from my room was non-existent...pretty much stuck between two buildings. The fitness center is excellent and about as good as you are going to find in a hotel. They have a few weight machines, cardio machines, plenty of mats for ab exercises, and dumbbells going up to approximately 75 pounds. The bar at the hotel is extremely popular (and rightly so!) so there may be a line queuing at the door late at night. Simply show the doorman your room key and he will open one of the ropes to immediately let you in. Like almost every hotel in London, the W is overpriced and ridiculously expensive (particularly to Americans because of the exchange rate) but the service, rooms, and amenities are top-notch and the location simply can not be beat.

Room Tip: I'm sure that some of the rooms have decent views....I would strongly advise asking for one of t...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Dear chriswick614,

Thank you for sharing your great review with us. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square including our W Lounge and the excellent location of our hotel.

Thank you for your feedback on the mat which is very important to us. I will certainly share this with the relevant head of department to make sure these are reviewed and that standards are met at all times.

I look forward to welcoming you back to W London – Leicester Square.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Location - Right on Leicester square, if you love crowd and action in life, this is the hotel to be. Whatever time of the day/night you will never miss action in this hotel and around. If you are the one who loves to party, the hotel has an amazing lounge and bar. In and around there are '00s of eateries, casinos, pubs etc.

Price - Cheapest room is around $350-$400, unless you go for a deal or pre-paid prices

Rooms - Nice comfortable rooms, great beds - good sleep, try 6-7th floor for less noise and room towards Wardour street.
Only flip side (this is my personal choice) - All the rooms had a study platform and wash basin combined in the center of the room. This was a bit weird and one of the first I had seen. The toilet and shower were separate and wash basin outside the bathroom. I was staying alone so it did not matter much but if you are sharing the room it might get a bit weird.

Food - Spice market had some good Asian food. Breakfast was average, typical continental

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sanchit04
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Dear Sanchit04,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us at W London Leicester Square and the location and your dining experience in our Spice Market restaurant. Your feedback is important to us and I will certainly share this with my entire team.

I hope we do see you return to W London – Leicester Square.