W London Leicester Square
Very Good 4/5
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
2,105 results
All reviewsspectacular roomcool corner roommirrored doorsbliss productsspg platinumwow suiteshower and toilettrendy hotelhotel barfirst floorpiccadilly circuswest endregent streetan upgradecentral locationafternoon teamini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Rooms are beautiful but inconvenient. There are no hooks in the shower to hang towels at all. Toilet cubicle is so small and no ventilation at all. Basin not in the toilet concept is just, weird. We're talking about using the loo and germs transferring to the door. It's just uncomfortable to have the basin out of the toilet cubicle. Desk/Bar is located right in the middle of the room, which left us very little space to move around. Not that we can't go through, it's just redundant to place it right in the middle. What a waste of space. So much for modern and chic design? I think it's pretty much hassle. That's the price to pay.

Some amenities are only available upon request which should have been provided in the first place. There are no in-room slippers/toiletries until we requested for it. Not that it is a big deal, but considering that this is a 5 star hotel and the price they are charging, do we really have to ask for it?

The hallway to the rooms are extremely dark. When I mean it's dark, the carpets are all black/dark colours, walls are black/dark colours and the lights are not bright enough along the corridor. You call that chic? It probably is, but it's annoying for people with poorer eyesight. It's not too difficult to have a brighter hallway, no?

If you are travelling with children, this is not the place to be. On weekends, the bar which is located on the first floor makes security tighter than usual. Not that anything is wrong, but I felt I was going to a club, being in the same elevator with semi drunkards, be it females or males. I'm here to stay in the hotel, not risking my life with some crazy drunkards in the elevator.

The already expensive hotel charges for WIFI in rooms. It is free in the lounge area, but relatively expensive in room. The fee is absolutely ridiculous to begin with.

On a brighter note, the beds are comfortable. The room temperature isn't too cold or hot, which adds to better sleep quality. Location is perfect, right in the central and next to Chinatown where food is available till late. The staffs in the lounge area are very friendly and helpful. There were some drunkards outside our room till we had to call the receptionist to deal with it. Surprisingly the problem was dealt in less than 10 minutes. On a positive note, they handle problems really quickly. Though I have no idea how these drunkards got up.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Crystalism
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Yvonne Y,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am sorry to hear your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square did not entirely meet your expectation. I can appreciate your point about the design of our bedrooms. However, it was our intention to have the rooms designed to both maximise space and comfort. However, I can understand that this is not to everyone’s taste.

I would also like to thank you on behalf of my entire team for your kind comments. I will certainly share this with all of them as they too will appreciate this immensely.

Notwithstanding this, I would like the opportunity to welcome you back again. Please let me know when you plan your next stay, as I would like to oversee your reservation personally. You can reach me on Ian.Ciappara@whotels.com.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Went to the W Hotel bar for my birthday on Monday. On my 30th B-day I thought I would treat myself and my friends to something special and I was not wrong.
The Bar is gorgeous with fur blankets, comfy pillows and many tables for you to choose from and the decoration is very modern and luxurious.
I found the staff really nice, specially the Barman Akos who was extraordinary. Helpful, professional, friendly. A real asset to the Hotel!

I would definitely recommend this Bar but be aware of the dress code. Boys: no trainers, at all. Not even on a Monday night. Unfortunately I didn't know the dress code was so strict and that caused some hiccups with some (boy) friends who finished work and popped in to have a "Happy birthday" drink with me with their trainers. But again, I felt that the bouncers, manager and Akos tried to accommodate them the best they could.

You know what they say: you know better, you do better.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MSMA
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear MSMA,

Thank you for sharing your great feedback. I am very pleased to hear your stay with us met your expectations. It is always a pleasure to hear of the overall experiences of our guests. I am very pleased to hear you every aspect of it with us at W London – Leicester Square.

With regards to the dress code, we try to accommodate all guests who wish to enjoy their celebration in our W Lounge on smart dress policy. I apologise for any miss-communication on this matter.

Your kind words on my team and especially Akos are greatly appreciated and I will thank them personally. Thank you.

Hope to see you return.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Cant fault the fun factor at this hotel , and rooms are bright, spacious an airy. Staff are friendly and helpful. Be prepared to pay for the privilege of staying here though it is very expensive.
They could put tea and coffee making facilities as standard, although they will provide them if asked, then the maid takes them away again without replacing them.
As I said a fun hotel and would recommend it highly. Has a few flaws but not enough to put me off.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear labella102,

Thank you for sharing your great feedback. It is always a pleasure to hear of the overall experiences of our guests. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square including the services provided to you by my team. These warming notes are greatly appreciated and I will definitely be sharing these with all of them.

I look forward to seeing you at W London – Leicester Square.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I have been a big fan of W Hotels early on, but have to be honest that they’ve fallen out of favor with me since many of the properties have laughably small rooms and are often too trendy for their own good. Don’t get me wrong – trendy is a word that’s at the forefront of my mind when I think of the W London, but my overall experience was surprisingly good.

I’ll start with the negatives. Yes, there is a club atmosphere at this hotel. There are velvet ropes and doormen at the front door in the evening, the lights are dim, the music is blasting and the staff is that typical W young-and-beautiful staff. Depending on your mood and purpose of your trip, this might be a little overwhelming. I did see some attitude and rift with the staff, but most of that was “behind the scenes” between themselves and not directed at a customer. I guess based on other reviews, your experience will vary here. Another negative about this hotel is that its location, coupled with construction on Wardour St, often makes it difficult to find taxis, even during early times in the morning. If you need a taxi, be sure to plan in advance. As with any hotel, I also recommend that you do NOT stay in a room near the elevators, as you can often hear conversations of people exiting the lifts.

But, there are a lot of good things about the hotel. First, my staff experience was actually quite good: check-in was friendly and efficient, my SPG Gold status was recognized, front desk/phone support was good, room service staff was very friendly. Although there are those velvet ropes/doormen that I spoke about, there was never an inconvenience to me and the doormen are generally very helpful.

My food experience was limited, but good. Room service on three mornings was very quick, hot and of an excellent quality. The attached Spice Market restaurant was on par with the original NYC version and was a nice option for a mid-week meal.

Many of the complaints about the hotel revolve around the oddly-designed rooms. I will admit that I was taken by surprise when I entered my (standard) room. However, after a day, I started to realize that the room is very functional the space provided is actually very sufficient, especially when compared to other central London hotel rooms. I found the room to be extremely usable and I never felt cramped. The fixtures in the room are high-quality and very modern. The mini-bar is well-stocked. Housekeeping service is sufficient and turn-down service also provides a night-time tidying up. My king size bed was very comfortable and the large window provides sufficient natural light in the room. Will this room suffice for two people during a long stay? I’m not sure. But for me alone over 6 nights, I really liked it. You also need to keep in mind that the toilet and shower are essentially “closets” built into the wall and there is no separate bathroom, so be sure you’re sharing a room with someone you’re close to…

There’s some debate over location here. If you’re a tourist, you can’t get better. If you’re on business, I think it’s a good choice given the super-convenient access to most major tube lines and its central location. As noted earlier, however, taxi access can be challenging and you may not wish to deal with the large crowds that gather around Leicester Square every night. If you’re looking for energy, this is a great location. If you want more quiet, you should move down to the various properties on Park Lane.

All in all, very enjoyable and I’ll be back.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators/lifts.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Christopher U,

It’s good to hear the overall experience of the guest experience such as yours. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square. Thank you for your kind words on my team. These are greatly appreciated and I will definitely be sharing these with them.

I hope I will have the opportunity in welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

My recent experience at the W was extremely poor. Every single complaint that i have about the hotel was right here in the TA reviews, but for some reason I did not check them out in advance. Live and learn. I was shocked at the overall attitude of the front desk staff - many of them seemed untrained in the business of service. Perhaps it was because i don't look like an ultra-chic 20 or 30 something? I could not get over how dark the hallways were. You literally could not see where you were going right off the lift. You had to wait for your eyes to adjust. On a positive note, the bed was comfortable and my room on an upper floor was reasonably quiet. If you are looking for a hip, young, party hotel in a very touristy and crowded area of London and you don't care about personal service, this hotel is for you. I would strongly advise against bringing children here.

Room Tip: The higher floor, the better.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank storkling
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear storkling,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your stay with us with us at W London – Leicester Square did not meet your expectation.

I would like the opportunity to discuss the points you have highlighted in detail. Please feel free to contact me via email Ian.Ciappara@whotels.com at your convenience.

Thank you once again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards,