2,187 results
All reviewsspectacular roomcool corner roommirrored doorsbliss productsspg platinumwow suiteshower and toilethip hoteldoor stafffirst floorhotel barpiccadilly circuswest endregent streetroom keyan upgradecentral location
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

This was the third time I have stayed here in the last two and half years, the staff is beyond incredible.

The doorman Federico remembered my name even after two years between visits, he walked out of the back while I was checking in and said welcome back Bill, he even remembered I was from Las Vegas.

The rooms are incredible and beds are great, rooms are different from the standard hotels, that why I stay there, I want something cool and unusual.

Location is great, centrally located to mainly places in London and the underground and hop on hop off bus tours.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Nevada21,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit to W London Leicester Square. I am very pleased to hear your stay with us met your expectation and that my team looked after you well. Your kind notes on my team hold great value to me and I will certainly be sharing these with all of them.

I look forward to your return to W London – Leicester Square.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Spent 4 days in W hotel, November 2013 , was looking forward to it but was disappointed with it, so do not expect a full on 5 star hotel! Rooms too small and strange configuration. Staff are friendly but its a hyped up hotel and unless there is a premiere or an event you will not be rubbing shoulders with stars! Bar area is very nice but the bar food is terrible any pub could do better! Foyer is small like everything in the hotel. Expensive for what it is & they INSIST on taking FULL payment before you arrive! I would have moved otherwise! Breakfast was not included and the only option was the Spice market restaurant where basic breakfast for 2 was over 50 pounds!! The noise level is a factor, both from the street and from the bar and club. We opted for the 7th floor as I had a child with me. Good for a one or two night stay if you want to be in a hip hotel close to everything.

Room Tip: Unless you are going to be in the bar and drunk with everyone else, OPT for the highest level you can find as otherwise the booming from the house music will bounce your bed!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Mary D,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your overall experience with us at W London – Leicester Square did not entirely meet your expectation. However, I would like to thank you for your warming notes on my team. These hold great value to me and I will certainly share these with all of them.

I would like the opportunity to welcome you back to W London – Leicester Square. Please let me know when you plan your next stay, as I would like to oversee your reservation personally. You can reach me on Ian.Ciappara@whotels.com

Reviewed 4 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a romantic weekend together in London. The location is perfect, and we could walk everywhere we wanted to go in London for this short stay. The room was modern and fun. The bedding was fantastic. The bathroom was unique and also fun. The black halls were a bit strange during the day, but I think they went along with the overall modern ambiance. The staff was lovely, though it did take too long for them to answer the phone when we called reception a couple of times. We had breakfast in our room the second day, and that was also lovely. The price of wifi in the room is ridiculous and should be included with the room for a hotel of this category. (It was in our case, thanks to our Starwood Preferred Guest level.)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear hilandwil,

Thank you for sharing your great review. I am very pleased that both you and your husband enjoyed your romantic weekend with us at W London – Leicester Square. I would also like to thank you on behalf of my entire team for your kind comments. I will certainly share this with all of them as it is very warming to receive such wonderful feedback like yours.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Rooms are beautiful but inconvenient. There are no hooks in the shower to hang towels at all. Toilet cubicle is so small and no ventilation at all. Basin not in the toilet concept is just, weird. We're talking about using the loo and germs transferring to the door. It's just uncomfortable to have the basin out of the toilet cubicle. Desk/Bar is located right in the middle of the room, which left us very little space to move around. Not that we can't go through, it's just redundant to place it right in the middle. What a waste of space. So much for modern and chic design? I think it's pretty much hassle. That's the price to pay.

Some amenities are only available upon request which should have been provided in the first place. There are no in-room slippers/toiletries until we requested for it. Not that it is a big deal, but considering that this is a 5 star hotel and the price they are charging, do we really have to ask for it?

The hallway to the rooms are extremely dark. When I mean it's dark, the carpets are all black/dark colours, walls are black/dark colours and the lights are not bright enough along the corridor. You call that chic? It probably is, but it's annoying for people with poorer eyesight. It's not too difficult to have a brighter hallway, no?

If you are travelling with children, this is not the place to be. On weekends, the bar which is located on the first floor makes security tighter than usual. Not that anything is wrong, but I felt I was going to a club, being in the same elevator with semi drunkards, be it females or males. I'm here to stay in the hotel, not risking my life with some crazy drunkards in the elevator.

The already expensive hotel charges for WIFI in rooms. It is free in the lounge area, but relatively expensive in room. The fee is absolutely ridiculous to begin with.

On a brighter note, the beds are comfortable. The room temperature isn't too cold or hot, which adds to better sleep quality. Location is perfect, right in the central and next to Chinatown where food is available till late. The staffs in the lounge area are very friendly and helpful. There were some drunkards outside our room till we had to call the receptionist to deal with it. Surprisingly the problem was dealt in less than 10 minutes. On a positive note, they handle problems really quickly. Though I have no idea how these drunkards got up.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Crystalism
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Yvonne Y,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am sorry to hear your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square did not entirely meet your expectation. I can appreciate your point about the design of our bedrooms. However, it was our intention to have the rooms designed to both maximise space and comfort. However, I can understand that this is not to everyone’s taste.

I would also like to thank you on behalf of my entire team for your kind comments. I will certainly share this with all of them as they too will appreciate this immensely.

Notwithstanding this, I would like the opportunity to welcome you back again. Please let me know when you plan your next stay, as I would like to oversee your reservation personally. You can reach me on Ian.Ciappara@whotels.com.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Went to the W Hotel bar for my birthday on Monday. On my 30th B-day I thought I would treat myself and my friends to something special and I was not wrong.
The Bar is gorgeous with fur blankets, comfy pillows and many tables for you to choose from and the decoration is very modern and luxurious.
I found the staff really nice, specially the Barman Akos who was extraordinary. Helpful, professional, friendly. A real asset to the Hotel!

I would definitely recommend this Bar but be aware of the dress code. Boys: no trainers, at all. Not even on a Monday night. Unfortunately I didn't know the dress code was so strict and that caused some hiccups with some (boy) friends who finished work and popped in to have a "Happy birthday" drink with me with their trainers. But again, I felt that the bouncers, manager and Akos tried to accommodate them the best they could.

You know what they say: you know better, you do better.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MSMA

Dear MSMA,

Thank you for sharing your great feedback. I am very pleased to hear your stay with us met your expectations. It is always a pleasure to hear of the overall experiences of our guests. I am very pleased to hear you every aspect of it with us at W London – Leicester Square.

With regards to the dress code, we try to accommodate all guests who wish to enjoy their celebration in our W Lounge on smart dress policy. I apologise for any miss-communication on this matter.

Your kind words on my team and especially Akos are greatly appreciated and I will thank them personally. Thank you.

Hope to see you return.